Author Topic: Not good enough  (Read 5535 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Not good enough
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »
My membership is now a shrinky dink
looks pretty cool actually...
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
I can't believe that more people aren't peed off with tonight's performance. Practice match or not, that effort stunk like a truckload of rotten fish.

They played like they didn't care, so why should I  ;D

Praccy game, not  switched on, didn't give a you know whatski

that was last night

Oh and based on last night serious questions remain about our "depth"  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
Didn't think we'd miss Mcguane this much.

All jokes aside A Edwards is not the answer. He misses the important goals and is far too easily beaten when matched up against taller defenders. Love to see rather Lloyd, McBean or Guff claim this spot
Agree on Edwards.Would rather get game time in someone younger as you mentioned.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »
What does it all mean...very little

Hawks lost every game in the Nab Cup last year ...got beaten by Gold Coast and the Western Bulldogs ( who were on a 12 game losing streak) . Despite this Hawthorn went on and had a pretty decent year.

Unleash the tornado

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »
Best player Miles by a mile.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2014, 01:22:43 PM »

Hawks lost every game in the Nab Cup last year ...got beaten by Gold Coast and the Western Bulldogs ( who were on a 12 game losing streak) . Despite this Hawthorn went on and had a pretty decent year.

Hawthorn aren't mentally rooted though. They're a class outfit
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

1980 I Was There

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

Of course it all means diddly squat, it's a freakin pre season match to give match practice END OF STORY.

Players will not go their hardest into a tackle simply because they don't want to miss the start of the season because of injury.

The pace of the game can dwindle for the same reasons, who wants to tear a hammy in a bloody practice match.

It's not much difference to an intra club game that doesn't go full tilt.
There's no points, there's no demoralising feeling through loss (oh ok maybe brissy now has that lol).

This will in NO WAY affect the way our season will go.

I love to see the Tigers win ANYTHING and EVERYTHING all the time, but if you get upset and read to much into a loss or a win in a match like this, then you need to go back, lock yourself in a room and have a big long think about reality.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:25 PM »
Didn't think we'd miss Mcguane this much.

All jokes aside A Edwards is not the answer. He misses the important goals and is far too easily beaten when matched up against taller defenders. Love to see rather Lloyd, McBean or Guff claim this spot
Agree on Edwards.Would rather get game time in someone younger as you mentioned.

The concern with Edwards is that he was only ever good a two things at North - marking and accuracy in front of goal. Hasn't even managed that at Richmond.

Still living off the Le Cras tackle and not being McGuane - who he's rapidly turning into anyway with every dropped sitter and missed soda.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »
I'd rather play Griffiths than Edwards up forward.  At least the former can kick goals from 60m out.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:58 PM »
I can't believe that more people aren't peed off with tonight's performance. Practice match or not, that effort stunk like a truckload of rotten fish.
Preseason game where one team turned up to play at full on 100% while the other (us) had a number of players mostly jog around in 2nd gear not giving a stuff about the result. It really was bruise free footy from our part. We played like 18 individuals at times - any loose ball or spoil and we didn't have a teammate backing-up to gain possession. It didn't help that we had too many talls. Az Edwards plays like a tall so effectively we were playing with a 4 tall forward line (hello no crumbers) and a 3 tall defence against a small and quick Melbourne forward line. We would never set-up like that in a real game.

Apparently we played with only 4 on the bench for the whole night in readiness for the real stuff while Melbourne played according the NAB rules of 6 interchange and 2 subs. Word is we are also in a heavy training phase. So that might explain the lethargy. We did the same last year or the year before from memory against the Dogs in a preseason game and looked slow as treacle in that game too.   

That interchange infringement was also a momentum killer. Az Edwards was about to collect the ball on our forward 50 yet the umps took the infringement from where the kick out of the centre took place, then added the 50m, giving Melbourne a freebie shot and goal. It was effectively a 100m penalty. It's a joke of rule! Imagine losing a Grand Final due to crap like that that has nothing to do with what is going onfield.

I hate losing but I remember us with a team of cubs flogging the Cats at Yea by 10 goals in a preseason game. These games and results mean nothing. If we are playing like last night against both Collingwood and Essendon then I might start to worry but not yet.

Spot on MT, sums up my thoughts exactly.  I knew it would be a Chicken Little free for all among the usual suspects on here after we lost but it is just not relevant to the season proper so expending any energy on doom and gloom after that is just a waste of breath.  Interesting to hear about the training phase too - I said the exact same thing last night, looked like we were playing with lead in our soles and that is usually a dead giveaway of a team in a heavy training phase.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Geez, it must just be mismanagement on the clubs behalf.... ::)
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 05:26:36 PM »
This thread is pure trollolololol

Ignore them all WAT. They are all taking the pee. WGAF about a trial match. There's a long season ahead. We are the Tantric Tigers and Melbourne has already blown their load.  ;D

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 06:50:39 PM »
Seriously though contrast to Hawthorn is stark.

More so when you consider the finals loss should have been in our guts all summer.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »

I love to see the Tigers win ANYTHING and EVERYTHING all the time,
What do you do when theirs an intra club?  ;)

1980 I Was There

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »

I love to see the Tigers win ANYTHING and EVERYTHING all the time,
What do you do when theirs an intra club?  ;)
Simple, WIN WIN dude  :thumbsup :lol :thumbsup :cheers :gotigers