Author Topic: Not good enough  (Read 5544 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Not good enough
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 10:44:13 PM »
I can't believe that more people aren't peed off with tonight's performance. Practice match or not, that effort stunk like a truckload of rotten fish.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 10:49:43 PM »
The last 5 minutes of the match concerned me gfar more than the first 115. I actually though it was good the match was close and that we Melbourne hit the front at the last change and saw as an opportunity to step up a gear and practice winning tight ones and coming from behind. Really should have put a side like Melbourne away instead of dropping our bundle in a disturbingly all-too-familiar way. My kingdom for a smart, composed Richmond side.

There were other concerns too, but it's a practice match so I'll just leave it at that. Until the real stuff starts we can't really leap to too many conclusions, as tempting as it is. Also hope there's maybe a bit of cat & mouse at play here.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 11:21:46 PM »
Claw was right, we are the Dees bunnies.

Start tanking for draft picks

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 02:42:40 AM »
After all the pre-season hype they serve up this...outrageous! I'm shocked! No, I'm outraged!

What an outrages thread... :thumbsup

Considering the fact I am saving Alaska I do find it outrageous. Say it with me WAT, OUTRAEGOUS
Who wants to bump on Saturday 15th March? You or me?  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 05:57:05 AM »
I can't believe that more people aren't peed off with tonight's performance. Practice match or not, that effort stunk like a truckload of rotten fish.
Preseason game where one team turned up to play at full on 100% while the other (us) had a number of players mostly jog around in 2nd gear not giving a stuff about the result. It really was bruise free footy from our part. We played like 18 individuals at times - any loose ball or spoil and we didn't have a teammate backing-up to gain possession. It didn't help that we had too many talls. Az Edwards plays like a tall so effectively we were playing with a 4 tall forward line (hello no crumbers) and a 3 tall defence against a small and quick Melbourne forward line. We would never set-up like that in a real game.

Apparently we played with only 4 on the bench for the whole night in readiness for the real stuff while Melbourne played according the NAB rules of 6 interchange and 2 subs. Word is we are also in a heavy training phase. So that might explain the lethargy. We did the same last year or the year before from memory against the Dogs in a preseason game and looked slow as treacle in that game too.   

That interchange infringement was also a momentum killer. Az Edwards was about to collect the ball on our forward 50 yet the umps took the infringement from where the kick out of the centre took place, then added the 50m, giving Melbourne a freebie shot and goal. It was effectively a 100m penalty. It's a joke of rule! Imagine losing a Grand Final due to crap like that that has nothing to do with what is going onfield.

I hate losing but I remember us with a team of cubs flogging the Cats at Yea by 10 goals in a preseason game. These games and results mean nothing. If we are playing like last night against both Collingwood and Essendon then I might start to worry but not yet.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 06:41:17 AM »
No it is not good enough!
We are supposedly palying for a top 4 spot, Melbourne won 2 games last year!
Look what the Hawks did to Brisbane!
Dont think we have the killer mentality and still those underlying demons of the past that we have to shake!
Going to have to be a massive turn around to get into that top bracket!
It is just the first hitout of the year the only saving grace!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 07:56:09 AM »
I still cant believe we didnt jag a win....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:17 AM »
Claw was right, we are the Dees bunnies.

Start tanking for draft picks

Do you ever have anything to say other than absolute poo?? Honestly I have been reading every post from you and there is nothing constructive, ever!!

Why don't you just stuff off to Bigfooty and stay there, your comments are becoming lame, boring and pathetic. Your not funny your just a knob!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 10:00:16 AM »
Who's your daddy?

Did we lose? I was watching the cricket  :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 10:15:40 AM »
Who's your daddy?

Did we lose? I was watching the cricket  :lol

Cricket was great!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »
Well it may mean nothing, change the scenario, we whip them by 50 points, would that help our membership?

me so sad

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 10:19:20 AM »
Although it would have been nice to win, I actually think losing may have been a better outcome for us in a strange way.
Some of the boys look like they think they are a shoe in for a top 8 position.  A loss to the Dees will make them think they are not as good as they are assuming and that they have to bring their A grade game every time to the park if they want a decent result.

Dimma will let them know this in no uncertain terms.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »
Didn't think we'd miss Mcguane this much.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »

:lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »

All jokes aside A Edwards is not the answer. He misses the important goals and is far too easily beaten when matched up against taller defenders. Love to see rather Lloyd, McBean or Guff claim this spot