Author Topic: Will Tigers have only 4 picks at the National Draft  (Read 1856 times)

PuntRdRoar

Will Tigers have only 4 picks at the National Draft
« on: July 02, 2005, 06:14:10 PM »
My information...which is sometimes good  :cheersand sometimes avg lol :banghead is that we aint gonna have as many picks as the supporters may want at the national draft because  there is a general consensus that this draft is very average. Information is the tigers may have as few as 4 national draft selections and that they will keep there first one...whereever that is...and they will try and get an early one. Further, there are hopes at tigerland that Mitch Clark will have another shocker in the Carnival which will make 2 definate shockers and an average 3rd game. If that happens and the tigers can manufacture a pick around 5 6 or 7 ...who knows. Miller is a big fan of Clark.

Bulluss

Re: Will Tigers have only 4 picks at the National Draft
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 06:33:01 PM »
What are the details of Mitch Clarke?

thanks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 06:42:22 AM »
Miller said something along those lines on club corner RT. He didn't say how many picks we'll have but given the quality of the draft this year and we're not going to finish down the bottom there'll by fewer picks than the last two years. 

The Blues and Hawks look certain to finish with less than 6 wins so that's the first 4 picks between them. The rest should win one more game out of 8 to miss out on a priority pick. So if we want a pick around 6 or 7 we need to deal with one of the bombers, freo, pies or dogs based on the current ladder. Our first pick if things stayed as they are would be around pick 12. The same pick we got Jay Schulz with.

What are the details of Mitch Clarke?

thanks

Mitch Clark
Club: East Fremantle, WA
DOB: 19 October 1987
Hgt: 197cm Wgt: 90kg
Natural Foot: Right.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 02:37:41 PM »
After making 1 or 2 phonecalls this morning...i understand the club is confident that it can pick up a good key position player. Murphy going into the draft is almost a god send for the tigers because it basically means 1 extra player will be available when our pick comes up. Dowler Clark Kennedy Ryder are just some of the keys available and with essendon collingwood and carlton taking midfielders and hawthorn likely to take atleast 1 midfielder we may get the cream of the key position crop.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 03:38:53 PM »
Ryder = Ruckmen/KPP, not a true KPP so i've heard.

Kennedy, Clark, Birchall, Dowler are apparently the go.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »
I understand that Miller likes young Mitch Clark alot...if he gets clark at 8 ... it will be the best swindle seen since the great train robbery- and Miller will be a genius. The kid can play...possible his performance at the Championships was a put on ala Franklin. Remember also Clark tied with Deledio and Deledio was in an earlier draft best player i  think in Gaelic Rules or something!

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »
U/16 Championships i think it was!

Well you've got Ellis, Murphy and Hurn who are your top 3 midfielders.

Someone might go stupid and reach for Swallow, Varscoe but i doubt it.

We'll get one of Clark, Kennedy, Dowler, Birchall, Ryder or Drum.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 05:58:28 AM »
Josh Kennedy kicked 4 goals including the winner to get the East Freo colts (Kym Monteath's side) in the Colts GF next week.

-------------------

EAST FREMANTLE COLTS STORM INTO GRANDFINAL
Saturday, 10 September 2005

With a never say die attitude the young Sharks played with cool heads to come from 18 points behind with seven minutes to play and snatched victory from a gallant Claremont side by one point.

In a hectic passage centre half forward Josh Kennedy snapped a goal with his left foot from about 40 metres out with 21 seconds to play to ensure that the East Fremantle Colts play Peel in the Grandfinal next week.

This meant that there was only sufficient time for the ball to return to the centre and be bounced before the final siren.

Players from both sides are to be congratulated on their endeavour and spirit throughout this hard fought contest.

Like their previous contests this season very little separated these sides. The Sharks won the first contest by three points and Claremont the next two by seven points and one point.

In the pulsating Preliminary Final it was the Sharks turn to win the exciting contest by one point.

East Fremantle 3.2 6.4 8.7 12.10 (82)
Claremont 3.1 6.4 9.7 12.9 (81)

BEST:

East Fremantle: L. Bowe, D. Bull, P. Ryder, J. Kennedy, D. Bongiascia, A. Ciotti

Claremont: I. Rowe, I. Richardson, S. Ryan, T. Den Nardi, F. Johnson

GOALS:
East Fremantle: J.Kennedy 4; D. Foster 3; K. McRobb 2; D. Bull 1; S. Thorne 1; B. Taggart 1

Claremont: N. Krakouer 3; I. Richardson 3; I Rowe 2; J. Morton 2; B. MIlls 1;G. Boudville 1"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tigers WILL have only 3-4 picks at the National Draft - Miller
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 02:56:19 AM »
Information is the tigers may have as few as 4 national draft selections and that they will keep there first one...whereever that is...and they will try and get an early one.

Sounds like your info was on the money RT.

Miller is in Canberra for the draft camp and on SEN last night said will only have 3-4 picks and trade week will be fairly quiet for us.

Said Rory is basically gone (Miller has suggested to Hilton that he should talk to other clubs) while Krakouer will be at Tigerland next year.

As for the draft camp - yesterday was the medicals and first interviews with the clubs. Greg mentioned Beau Muston as someone who impressed him in interviews. The kid apparently has plenty of humility and country boy naivety. Just rapt to be there after his knee injury. Today is the main day at the camp while on Friday it's skill and drill work.