Author Topic: Next 5 year strategic plan  (Read 621 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Next 5 year strategic plan
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
According to Sam Lane on Ch 7 tonight, Richmond is not far away from releasing their next 5 year strategic plan which will include a mention of the F-word ..... "FLAG". This one follows the 3-0-75 plan that went "pretty well".

the claw

Re: Next 5 year strategic plan
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:40:17 PM »
According to Sam Lane on Ch 7 tonight, Richmond is not far away from releasing their next 5 year strategic plan which will include a mention of the F-word ..... "FLAG". This one follows the 3-0-75 plan that went "pretty well".
the next 5 yr strategic plan could well turn into the next total rebuild if we dont wake up to ourselves and start embracing a balanced approach to recruiting and list management.
seems we go from one extreme to the other. nothing but kids  or nothing but mature players. ffs lets find the right balance and ffs lets target an actual need and address it one way or another or if need be with both ways.
seems we back in players who actually havent achieved much and theres no back up in the system just in case.
sometimes it seems the more things change the more they stay the same with some things.
these areas are areas we should never be happy with we just have to be the best in these areas or we will never win a flag.

for me id be looking to find better than francis jackson, and id be looking to find a very good list manager as well.

Rampstar

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
there will be no flag. GWS and GCS have arrived and they have much better talent whilst we are running around with Petterd and Foley and Newman and Grigg and afew others who probably dont have long in the game (newman and foley) and the others arent good enough.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »
start again.lol
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »
the next 5 yr strategic plan could well turn into the next total rebuild if we dont wake up to ourselves and start embracing a balanced approach to recruiting and list management.
seems we go from one extreme to the other. nothing but kids  or nothing but mature players. ffs lets find the right balance and ffs lets target an actual need and address it one way or another or if need be with both ways.
seems we back in players who actually havent achieved much and theres no back up in the system just in case.
sometimes it seems the more things change the more they stay the same with some things.
these areas are areas we should never be happy with we just have to be the best in these areas or we will never win a flag.

for me id be looking to find better than francis jackson, and id be looking to find a very good list manager as well.
You had me at hello!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »
Agree about FJ ...and this seppo moneyball approach is crap for AFL IMO. Sure fire way to build an ordinary list full of the mediocre and the injury-prone.

Did the Oakland A's actually win anything with that poo? From what I can tell all they did was lose the baseball equivalent of the Elimination Final, which sounds awfully familiar.

Plus we have a salary cap here...not as if we're forced to do it because other clubs can massively outspend us on players......

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Rampstar

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »
Agree about FJ ...and this seppo moneyball approach is crap for AFL IMO. Sure fire way to build an ordinary list full of the mediocre and the injury-prone.

aint gonna win anything recruiting players like petterd and grigg and all the rest of the softies who get games for no reason.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 01:28:16 AM »
I reckon GC and GWS will share 2015-20 so after that our window should really open up.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 02:44:35 AM »
I reckon GC and GWS will share 2015-20 so after that our window should really open up.

We'll be the inaugural premiers of a rebel comp. that won't include either of those plastic franchises.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »

lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
Errr.... Ummmm...

The strategic plan will be more business based than football based

The footy side of thing will be one part of it not the entire thing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)