Author Topic: Changes for the Carlton game?  (Read 6623 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Carlton game?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »
Griff out. You all know it will happen.  ;D

In: Big O. Hard wick is trolling us all.

you didnt like griff tonight?

Thought he played well and why Vickery was left on and griff not was odd.
griff was excellent. But he will likely get dropped. Vickery will play again.  :banghead

Got it and spot on

I just couldn't understand the logic of Griff getting subbed out and not Vickery

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 08:47:32 AM »
Vickery washes Hardwicks car each week .end of story

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »
I said there were at least 8 I'd drop and here they are

1. Vickery - shameful performance, gave a 10 minute cameo and that was it. He needs 6 weeks minimum in the VFL to get the message = no more gifts

2. Grigg - 30 possessions that meant squat. Flaps his arms coralling opponents more than the umps do saying play on. He won't tackle, chase or attack a contest so just go

3. Newman- tough call. Yeah probably but was unsighted last night and as a senior player needed to stand up when it mattered. Didn't

4. Ellis - flashed in for part of the 3rd and that was about it

5. Petterd - was shocking. Not that I had any idea what his role was, don't think he did either

6. Chaplin - new member of the leadership group who showed no leadership what so ever.

7. Foley - he isn't a sub. Either play from the start and sub him OUT but not IN or don't play him. Just didn't look fit to me and he looked slow

8. Toss of the coin between Houli who seemed disinterested or Morris who continues to fall over. So I am suggesting for Steve rather than playing VFL he goes shopping for some new boots and he can pick up a pair for Rance while he is at it

INS:
A Edwards (who understands the concept of lead up forward), Arnot, Lloyd, King, big O (who despite his limitation will actually compete for the team), Grimes, Knights, Jackson (if fit)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
WGAF, really, we won't beat the Blues if we dish that poo up again, doesn't matter who we have in the side.

We'd should of played Foley from the start, Arnott, King, Knights, Big O, stuff it.

Send some of these hero's back to the two's, they are full of there own self importance still.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
Jack for Edwards. Vickery for Edwards, but I'd rather Jack.  He's sooking about external issues STILL and he needs to go back to the seconds to start enjoying footy again.  And so we can start enjoying footy again more is the point trying to accept having this big fat lazy overrated sooking little girl in our side who we rely on so much but delivers stuff all but petulance.  Go Tiges

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
We had our best forward playing in the seconds kicking 6 goals.
LMAO@the incompetence  :rollin

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »
I'm in general agreement with your hit list, WP.   Morris did a shoulder early in the game and could only tackle with one arm and bump one-sided.  You are right though, he just beat Rance in the falling over sweep-stakes.  I don't know what role Chaplin was playing, other than to get where they ball wasn't.  Houli took a bit of a hit in the first quarter and zoned out after that.

TV was dreadful.  I was stunned when they subbed Griff.  It must have been a pre-arranged plan that took no notice of how Griff/TV/Jack were performing on the night.  Of the tall forwards, Griff was the best by a long way.

Our half forwards did next to nothing - Newy, Petterd, Ellis, Foley were smashed by the Suns going both ways.  Conca looked way short of a gallop.  I cannot recall a single run-down tackle from any of our second-tier mids.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
I'm in general agreement with your hit list, WP.   Morris did a shoulder early in the game and could only tackle with one arm and bump one-sided.  You are right though, he just beat Rance in the falling over sweep-stakes.  I don't know what role Chaplin was playing, other than to get where they ball wasn't.  Houli took a bit of a hit in the first quarter and zoned out after that.

TV was dreadful.  I was stunned when they subbed Griff.  It must have been a pre-arranged plan that took no notice of how Griff/TV/Jack were performing on the night.  Of the tall forwards, Griff was the best by a long way.

Our half forwards did next to nothing - Newy, Petterd, Ellis, Foley were smashed by the Suns going both ways.  Conca looked way short of a gallop.  I cannot recall a single run-down tackle from any of our second-tier mids.
There was one - Thomas chasing down Ablett - of course he may not be classified as a second tier mid..... :(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »
WGAF, really, we won't beat the Blues if we dish that poo up again, doesn't matter who we have in the side.

We'd should of played Foley from the start, Arnott, King, Knights, Big O, stuff it.

Send some of these hero's back to the two's, they are full of there own self importance still.

Wtf you said King was underdone and shouldn't be played

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »

1. Vickery - shameful performance, gave a 10 minute cameo and that was it. He needs 6 weeks minimum in the VFL to get the message = no more gifts

2. Grigg - 30 possessions that meant squat. Flaps his arms coralling opponents more than the umps do saying play on. He won't tackle, chase or attack a contest so just go

3. Newman- tough call. Yeah probably but was unsighted last night and as a senior player needed to stand up when it mattered. Didn't

5. Petterd - was shocking. Not that I had any idea what his role was, don't think he did either

6. Chaplin - new member of the leadership group who showed no leadership what so ever.

7. Foley - he isn't a sub. Either play from the start and sub him OUT but not IN or don't play him. Just didn't look fit to me and he looked slow

8. Toss of the coin between Houli who seemed disinterested or Morris who continues to fall over. So I am suggesting for Steve rather than playing VFL he goes shopping for some new boots and he can pick up a pair for Rance while he is at it

INS:
A Edwards (who understands the concept of lead up forward), Arnot, Lloyd, King, big O (who despite his limitation will actually compete for the team), Grimes, Knights, Jackson (if fit)

Agree with all of this except Chaplin and Ellis need to stay and lift for next week. Petterd.. what a joke
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »
B: Morris Rance Grimes
HB: Vlastiun Chaplin Houli
C: Ellis Deledio Conca
HF: Martin Griffiths Edwards
F: A.Edwards Riewoldt King

Foll: Hampson, Cotchin, Thomas

Int: Knights, Arnot, Jackson Sub:Lloyd

If Jackson isn't fit I'd play Miles.

Get fair dinkum please.
Go Tigers!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
In McGuane
Out Vickery

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »

INS:
Harsh on Ellis and Chaplin, first bad games for a while IMO.

Others, agree, especially Shaun Grigg. Previously thought he was good for the side with his gut running and ability to find space, but by God, his lack of wanting to contest and tackle and basically do anything of a defensive nature is a joke. MUST be dropped until he learns how to defend and put the body on the line

1980 I Was There

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 01:16:09 PM »
Out: Everyone except for Thomas and Vlastuin

In: Any bastard that can kick the ball instead of hand balling the bloody thing and any bludger that can take a grab and move the frickin thing on fast.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »

Wtf you said King was underdone and shouldn't be played

No I didn't, the club did, after his hit out this weekend he should be right anyway, with Grimes.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"