Author Topic: Pretty simple  (Read 1256 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Pretty simple
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
Did any of you guys watch the game last night?
It is pretty simple to see why both Essendon and North beat us most times we play lately, (when the games count anyway), it's because they both work much, much harder than we do. They run BOTH ways and have guys that WANT to tackle and that's something the RFC only does when thing go their way.
And it's been that way for a long time! (1995 I would say)
We can talk about Jack this or Tyrone that but the simple fact is we don't work hard enough.
Thoughts?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pretty simple
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
Yep that's pretty simple.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
Step 1;

BEAT THE SCUM!

...that is all.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 04:12:05 AM »
Clarko's Cluster is so 2008.....

Forward press is fraught with danger when you carry so many downhill skiers and non-tackling one-way bludgers.

Corralling is for cows, zones are for parking, we need more tacklers, less drovers & traffic controllers....

When Hardwick first started he had us hunting in packs, a revelation after the Wallace years, now I find myself yearning for some of the fight we showed in our "best ninth ever" year of 2008.....also the year we became to first side to dismantle Clarko's cluster.

Yes.... there's hole in the bucket, dear Dimma, a hole.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:15:59 AM »
Why didn't they  win as many games as we did last year, it's not that simple  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 08:32:41 AM »
North have a game plan against us which yields results for them every time. They crowd our forward line with every available body, forcing us into laborious, labour-intensive build ups that usually end in us having to take impossible shots from the pockets and boundary line. Then when they rebound, they continually find the space in their forward line that they deny us, because as big tone says, a lot of our players are too lazy to follow their opponents out and apply pressure. The confined dimensions of Emptyhead stadium where we always seem to draw them always aids their style of game too.
I'm hoping that this will be the year that Hardwick comes up with a plan to dismantle their game, and the team decides collectively to get on their bike and do the two way running and tackling necessary to put an end to this. Dropping the likes of Grigg and Petterd would be a solid start. But somehow I think this is just wishful thinking on my part. 

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »
Pretty simple....it's not 2007/08 anymore- so dump the " injury prone never gonna get back to his best" Axel Foley and give a young kid like Miles/Gordon/Arnott  a go.
Unleash the tornado

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 02:15:40 PM »
Pretty simple....it's not 2007/08 anymore- so dump the " injury prone never gonna get back to his best" Axel Foley and give a young kid like Miles/Gordon/Arnott  a go.
Can't give Miles a go unfortunately.  He cannot be elevated from rookie status unless there is a LTI.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
Did any of you guys watch the game last night?
It is pretty simple to see why both Essendon and North beat us most times we play lately, (when the games count anyway), it's because they both work much, much harder than we do. They run BOTH ways and have guys that WANT to tackle and that's something the RFC only does when thing go their way.

:huh3

Essendon and Richmond's head to head record over the past five years is pretty even. We've flogged them twice in the past two years so not sure where you're coming from with that one ?

As for North , they were horrible on Friday night. In fact their workrate which you applauded in your post was ****ing woeful !
Thank god we didn't play that badly , with such a pathetic lack of effort , or this site woulda really gone into meltdown.

Hopefully Dimma is smart enough not to get badly outcoached against North this year....again  :banghead
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
Dice, at a very minimum our work rate was the equal of the Roos - our last quarter fade out when having one extra fresh player was particularly disappointing.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:57:01 PM »
I knew some bright spark would say we have beaten them the last two years, so that why I put in brackets "when the games counted anyway"
The last two seasons they have beaten us in both Dreamtime games when the season was still alive for both teams and we have beaten them late in the season when they had nothing to play for.
Pretty simple for most!

And as for North, not sure what you were watching but IMO they were very good in keeping in touch on Friday night, they ran and chased and they never gave in. We would have tried hard for a half and then it would have got all to hard. They IMO are not as talented as we are but they work a lot harder than we do. And have for a long time.
Same with the Bombers.

Anyway you seem to be the only poster so far to disagree.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
I knew some bright spark would say we have beaten them the last two years, so that why I put in brackets "when the games counted anyway"
The last two seasons they have beaten us in both Dreamtime games when the season was still alive for both teams and we have beaten them late in the season when they had nothing to play for.
Pretty simple for most!

I said the last 5 years ! pretty simple for most to understand that ? And whaddya mean they had nothing to play for ? lmao. We beat them at the time of season when the whips are cracking. And we wouldve thrashed them if we'd got to play them in last years finals. I'm sure of it

And as for North, not sure what you were watching but IMO they were very good in keeping in touch on Friday night, they ran and chased and they never gave in.
Are you for real ? I sure did watch that game and me , like every single scribe and general supporter , thought North's ' effort ' for want of a better word , was absolutely pathetic ! 
 If they were so good how come even their prez said they shoulda lost by over 100 points ??
Sorry mate but they were the worst performed team of the round.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »
Richmond throw stat tackles. Just enough to bring any given incident to the umpires conscious.

I don't see any solution either, given the list lacks any genuine mongrel bar 1 or 2
and that's not going to carry a team.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »
Not as silly as it sounds ,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 04:22:10 AM »
Why didn't they  win as many games as we did last year, it's not that simple  ::)

Correct ...it's not that simple....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.