Author Topic: VFL Round 1 vs Footscray (Sat. April 5 @ Whitten Oval)  (Read 4659 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: VFL Round 1 vs Footscray (Sat. April 5 @ Whitten Oval)
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »
117 point development drubbing, couldn't ask for better than that.. :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
@RichmondVFL twitter:

"Batsanis, Miles, Helbig, Elton, Young, Arnot among the best for the Tigers. "

Reports: Batchelor, Darrou (unconfirmed)

McDonough didn't play after half-time but the commentators reckon it was due to his game-time being managed. They were saying the only positive was no injuries out of the game.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 01:26:30 PM »
why would mcdonuts game be managed?
hes not coming off a long layoff?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2014, 01:30:42 PM »
why would mcdonuts game be managed?
hes not coming off a long layoff?
No idea either al but that's what they said.

the claw

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
sheesh all those mature players we  took  have added great depth but wait the magoos arent for creating a winning culture its about development and hidings. we are full on into developing mature types lol.
how many juniors played  i count just 6  but its all about development unbelievable.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »
It's clearly a personal problem. I'd like to see the likes of Cotchin, Lids and Jack to drop back and give the kids a chop out. It's not fair these guys get regular senior gigs while our development side is getting flogged week in week out!
It's time these so called leaders stood up and helped the rest of the side out.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »
I've haven't been too impressed with Tim Clarke , he needs to be put on notice, that's a disastrous result
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »
Footscray returns to VFL as victor over Richmond
   Brent Diamond
      The Age
    April 5, 2014 - 6:03PM

FOOTSCRAY began life as a stand-alone VFL team in emphatic style with a 117-point win against Richmond in a return to the Dogs’ spiritual home at Whitten Oval on Saturday.

Fittingly, it was Ayce Cordy, the son of former Bulldog Brian who played many of his 124 games at the ground, who monstered Richmond defender Ben Darrou to kick five goals and become the game breaker in the third term.

Cordy, who has gained almost 20 kilograms since joining the Bulldogs as a father-son pick in 2008, appears to be finally on the brink of showing that he belongs.

The Bulldogs faithful didn’t disappoint also, with more than 5000 fans flocking to the match billed as a curtain-raiser for the AFL game just across town in the more modern facility of Etihad Stadium, which has been adopted as their new home.

Conversely, this was a sombre start for Tim Clarke’s Tigers. They were undermanned in defence, outrun in the midfield and their forwards barely gave a whimper.

Former Port Melbourne speedster Nathan Batsanis was one of the better performers with two goals, while ex-Greater Western Sydney midfielder Anthony Miles showed plenty of touch in the first half.

Former WAFL star Ross Young stood tall at times, while Brad Helbig and Todd Elton provided some highlights but there was little to rejoice about.

The writing was on the wall for the Tigers at half-time. They trailed by 41-points and were sliced apart in the midfield with Mitch Honeychurch providing plenty of drive while Tory Dickson, who finished with four majors, caused more headaches for the undersized Richmond defence.

On top of that, Jordan Russell along with co-captains, Nick Lower and Lukas Markovic, stamped their authority early. Tom Young and Brett Goodes, two strong-bodied midfielders, were outstanding and among the top possession getters.

After the main break, any chance of a Richmond comeback evaporated with Alex Greenwood – who played in Williamstown’s development team flag last season – snaring an early goal while Jake Batchelor gave away a 50 metre penalty to Cordy, who was having a day out.

Richmond midfielder Nathan Foley, who was quiet for the first half before getting his hands on the ball at half-back in the second half, continued the undisciplined acts by giving away the Tigers’ third 50 metre penalty for the term.

Cordy kicked his fourth goal just before three-quarter time and then his fifth came with another strong contested grab early in the final term. The Bulldogs thumping concluded at 26.9 (165) to 7.6 (48).

The Bulldogs were relentless and proved that with the right mix of youth and experience, they may well be strong contenders this season and are far more advanced than Richmond is at this early stage.

Russell, who played 125 AFL games for Collingwood and Carlton before being delisted last season, said he has impressed by the Dogs’ culture.

''I think just the culture of the place (has impressed me) ... everyone is on an equal playing field and everyone wants to play for the team and help each other out,'' Russell said.

Richmond, however, was missing Aaron Edwards, Liam McBean and Chris Knights. All three suffered injuries in last week’s VFL practice match win against Essendon, which was a stark contrast to what was dished up a week later.

Edwards, who suffered a medial ligament injury, said yesterday that he hopes to return to playing in two weeks.

Without him, their main focal point in attack was ex-Cat Ryan Bathie, who battled manfully but the Tigers lack of confidence in moving the ball forward was obvious.

Of more concern for the Tigers will be rough conduct charges for Batchelor and Darrou, who were both reported in the second half.

Richmond will revisit Coburg City Oval next Sunday when it takes on its former affiliate Coburg.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/footscray-returns-to-vfl-as-victor-over-richmond-20140405-zqr90.html#ixzz2y13LOowi

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2014, 12:47:55 AM »
None of them will get a game anyway. Why bother trying.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2014, 02:55:41 AM »
Eff me we lost the magoos too. What a weekend
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »
The like of hampson Chaplin foley king Newman Orren etc. should b playing 2s adding experience o they don't g done by 100 points

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »
I thought we have been recruiting for depth......stuff me.......getting beat by a bunch of kids in the firsts and flogged to the bejesus in the twos...............not looking good :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2014, 02:37:51 AM »
Best: Young, Batsanis, Miles, Arnot, Elton, Helbig

Ross Young         26 touches and five inside 50s.
Nathan Batsanis   20 disposals.
Brad Helbig          17 disposals, 10 marks.
Todd Elton          15 possessions and a goal.
Anthony Miles and Nathan Foley also found a lot of the ball.
Matt Arnot fought hard in packs to win clearances.
Jake Batchelor was a physical presence in the defensive 50.

Read full match report at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-06/tough-seasonopener-for-vfl-tigers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
Woeful

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »
Changes for VFL game 2

Ins: Grigg, Newman, King, Stephenson

Outs: McDonough, Arnot
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do