Author Topic: Kicking  (Read 219 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Kicking
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:27:18 AM »
Something that really struck me about the Hawks last night was how bloody good their kicking (and hand balling) was under pressure.

While the Dockers were poor in the first quarter, I thought they amped up the pressure on the ball carrier through that 2nd quarter and the Hawks system was just awesome because it was so well executed - particularly by foot.

I reckon that was one of the reasons we beat the  Dockers at the G last year and when we do play well, our kicking game is normally very good.

Today, first hands on the pill and our kicking needs to improve - we haven't hit our straps this year in this area.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

Re: Kicking
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 11:20:38 AM »
Agree, moving it on quickly helps enormously. Often, they are simple low risk kicks bc of their hard running to space. First option bang, Give and go, give and go, wreaks havoc with opposition zones.