Author Topic: Benny for the board - Unlikely  (Read 2283 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Benny for the board - Unlikely
« on: June 02, 2004, 10:08:32 AM »
There is a small article in today's H/Sun that says that Brendan Gale is the new General Manager (operations) of the AFL Players Association.

This makes him 2nd in charge of the AFLPA.

I would think that it is highly unlikely that Benny could join the RFC board. Clear conflict of interest I would have thought

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

Re: Benny for the board - Unlikely
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 10:26:21 AM »
He's already come out and said he wouldn't be standing, but said he would support a well run ticket if one were to appear.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Benny for the board - Unlikely
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 02:41:19 PM »
Gale returns to AFLPA
2 June, 2004
Sportal

The AFL Players' Association has appointed former Richmond ruckman and past AFLPA President Brendon Gale as General Manager of Operations.

Gale replaces Peter Mann in the position, who has been with the AFLPA since the late 1990s.

AFLPA chief executive Rob Kerr said he was thrilled Gale had decided to return to the organisation of which he served as president for three years from 2000-2002.

"I look forward to Brendon Gale joining the AFLPA as I believe he has a unique combination of qualities - a thorough understanding of the AFLPA and the AFL industry," he said.

"[With] his recent commercial experience. I am sure he will make a terrific contribution," Kerr said.

Gale has been working at one of Australia's leading commercial law firms, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, in the financial services practice.

Mann joined the AFLPA as a delegate while playing with Fremantle and served his first of two years as AFLPA President in 1998. He has accepted a consultancy role with Boston Consulting Group.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=152545
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.