Author Topic: Deledio laid low by Achilles problem (afl site)  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Deledio laid low by Achilles problem (afl site)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:51 AM »
Elliot has massive bags under his eyes
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio set to miss 2-3 more weeks (Age)
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 02:09:55 AM »
Brett Deledio set to miss 2-3 weeks

Jake Niall
     The Age
    April 16, 2014

Richmond midfield gun Brett Deledio is expected to miss the next two to three weeks, meaning he should return against Geelong in round seven, or wait until after the Tigers have had the bye in round eight.

Deledio, whose absence due to an achilles injury has left a huge hole in the Richmond side, has not been able to train – besides some striding – as a result of a sore achilles.

Richmond football operations manager Dan Richardson said on Tuesday that Deledio was ‘‘two or three weeks away’’ from resuming.

Richardson said Deledio’s return was anticipated ‘‘possibly the week before the bye’’. Thus, Deledio will miss this Thursday’s game against the Lions at the Gabba and almost certainly the following the week’s game against the Hawks.

‘‘He’s still limited ... he’s not training. He’s doing some strides, but not training. It’s achilles. It’s straight achilles tendonitis. So you’ve got to give it time to settle down.’’

Richardson said there was no need for Deledio to have surgery to repair the achilles. ‘‘No, no, not at this stage,’’ he said. ‘‘So yeah, give it time, how long it settles – sometimes you don’t know how long they take to settle.’’

Deledio has missed the past two games, in which the Tigers have been beaten by the Bulldogs by two points and then comprehensively dispatched by Collingwood, with the Magpies placing an aggressive tag on Richmond’s other midfield playmaker, Trent Cotchin, in the knowledge that there was no Deledio to deal with.

Deledio’s value was underscored by the past two losses and, in particular the Collingwood game, given the contentious methods used by tagger Brent Macaffer, whom Cotchin said ‘‘got away with a lot’’.

With Deledio to miss on Thursday night, the major selection quandary for the Tigers surrounded Tyrone Vickery, who barely touched the ball and was subbed out last Friday night but is fit to play against the depleted Lions; it is just a question of whether he is selected. Shaun Grigg is another player who performed poorly against the Pies.

But the Tigers, as coach Damien Hardwick noted, are also mindful that Vickery has booted eight goals in his four games this season. He has not been playing as a support ruckman, with Ben Griffiths filling that second ruck/forward role.

Deledio said on Sunday that he had been running. “I have been running the last couple of days but I have to make sure I can pull up all right and get some strength work into it,’’ he told Channel Seven.

“I haven’t got a lot of spring and can’t explode off the mark. It is a little tendon which runs down past your Achilles which is causing me grief but I am strengthening it and touch wood I will be back out there sooner rather than later. I am not going to be out for two months.’’

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brett-deledio-set-to-miss-23-weeks-20140415-zqv58.html#ixzz2yyJhWQss

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 04:46:40 AM »
Given the nature of the injury, it would be madness to play him before the bye
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Rance back for Hawks and Lids back for Geelong might give us hope

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »

Hope of what?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »

Hope of what?

Winning duh

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
We can't rush him back and ruin his achilles/pace forever.

I'm going to assume we're going to beat Brisbane and lose to Geelong and Hawthorn. so after the Bye we'll be 2-6

Asuming a fit lids is back after the bye and we regain 2013 form, then we play

Melbourne (lock for a win)
GWS (should be a lock for a win)
Essendon (50/50)
North (Probably get smashed because it's Etihad)

Freo (50/50 because we're at MCG)
Sydney (probably get smashed)
Saints (lock)
Lions (lock)

Port (50/50)
Eagles (50/50)
GWS (lock)
Essendon (50/50)

Crows (lock)
Saints (lock)
Swans (probably get smashed)

So with what I forecast as locks we'd be 9 wins. and we would want to have 13 wins to be fairly certain we'd make the 8. With 4 games from the 50/50 category, I don't think that's completely impossible. Moral of the story is we can scrape through into the 8 if we drop Geelong and Hawthorn. It will definitely be an uphill battle but stranger things have happened. We should not rush Deledio and his raw achilles back in with the 'chance' we might beat Geelong and/or Hawthorn at the expense of ruining the remainder of his career. Have him fit after the bye and make a solid push for the bottom 4 of the 8.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »
We can't rush him back and ruin his achilles/pace forever.

I'm going to assume we're going to beat Brisbane and lose to Geelong and Hawthorn. so after the Bye we'll be 2-6

Asuming a fit lids is back after the bye and we regain 2013 form, then we play

Melbourne (lock for a win)
GWS (should be a lock for a win)
Essendon (50/50)
North (Probably get smashed because it's Etihad)

Freo (50/50 because we're at MCG)
Sydney (probably get smashed)
Saints (lock)
Lions (lock)

Port (50/50)
Eagles (50/50)
GWS (lock)
Essendon (50/50)

Crows (lock)
Saints (lock)
Swans (probably get smashed)

So with what I forecast as locks we'd be 9 wins. and we would want to have 13 wins to be fairly certain we'd make the 8. With 4 games from the 50/50 category, I don't think that's completely impossible. Moral of the story is we can scrape through into the 8 if we drop Geelong and Hawthorn. It will definitely be an uphill battle but stranger things have happened. We should not rush Deledio and his raw achilles back in with the 'chance' we might beat Geelong and/or Hawthorn at the expense of ruining the remainder of his career. Have him fit after the bye and make a solid push for the bottom 4 of the 8.

Big Lammo  :thumbsup   The voice of reason.
Send this post to the numbskulls in the media
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 03:56:25 PM »
Richmond has already lost two "locks " this season and almost lost another.

My confiidence in the club is shot to pieces.

Even if we beat Brissy by 10 goals plus ( which we won't ) ....so what ?

Even if we claw ( no pun intended ) our way back to be 7-7 and in the hunt for 8 , the Richmond I know will drop a game to St Kilda or the Giants.

Unleash the tornado

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »
That's why I put the disclaimer of 2013 form :D

According to RFC website Knights and Rance are 1-2 weeks away and Maric 2-3. Also giving Deledio until Round 9 to recover, I'm praying he can return to his line-breaking old self. So the very optimistic forecasting I posted is based on the Tigers playing like they did when they won 15 matches in 2013.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »
Word is Lids will go on the LTI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 09:51:55 PM »

Seriously?  :( :( :(

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 10:05:20 PM »
Whose word?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »
What is wrong with our medical department, do they purposely give false evidence on players injuries to put off opposition or are they less informed than a weather man.

For started, Rance has a broken foot, has had a break since the Gold Coast game, yet they don't want this to be public? Why.. who knows. First had him listed as omitted showing how much of a basketcase we are.

Then Lids is a late withdrawl for precaution, then he fails to pull up after a rest and is now out for 2-3 weeks = 5 week+ injury to achilles, which is significant.

I put it down to the fact is membership will drop if our supportes know that Rance will be out for a couple of months at least as will Maric and Deledio probably will be as well.

Regardless, our members honestly deserve better.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
Lies lies and more lies.
Suppressing the truth is much better than revealing it.