Author Topic: Changes for Brisbane  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Changes for Brisbane
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 08:43:27 PM »
Brad Miller. Lead up the ground to clear space for other forwards, classy. Takes a mark on the lead and gives a nice handball out the back then lays a block for his teammate.

I'm drunk/

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 08:59:42 PM »
A.Edwards currently injured
2 weeks away

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:06 PM »
Out - cub , not making the effort for this one :banghead

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Brad Miller. Lead up the ground to clear space for other forwards, classy. Takes a mark on the lead and gives a nice handball out the back then lays a block for his teammate.

I'm drunk/

Lmao me too haven't stopped from Friday night, need to dull the pain

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »
Out - Jackson (inj) & Newman(om)

In - Lids & Knights

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
Out - Jackson (inj) & Newman(om)

In - Lids & Knights
Was jacko bad was he, pity he was pretty good on the night
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »

I'm drunk/
He did give a nice handball out the back did old Brad! :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »
Big question WP- do you think he can turn it around? His softness that is. I seriously don't think he can. I'm not saying the kid cannot play a bit but IMO he will always be that bloke that will be the weak link when it comes to pressure and tackling. He is Grigg mk2
I know it's harsh and I know he is still young but I bet you we will be talking about the same thing with him in 5 years time.

Sorry for the delay in replying big tone was at a wedding yesterday.

Like you I've never been a fan of the kid when it comes to his attack on the contest. Ever so often he will go in for a hard ball, lay a tackle. But and it's a big but t doesn't happen often enough. Have seen him far too often take a step away from a contest rather than attacking it.

Do I think he turn it around? I hope he can but based on what I've seen so far the answer is NO. Why? because he continues to get games despite this clear deficiency in his game. What he did last week against the Dogs by not going for that mark was unforgivable. He should have been dropped for it and told to go back and work on that until he gets it right.

Actually he should been dropped a number of times over his 3 years in the game for doing these things. But instead of dropping him and working with him to fix it the coaches reward him for it by continuing to give him games. what message does it give him? To me it is telling him those efforts are acceptable. Which is why I am extremely doubtful it can be eradicated out of his game

Which makes Cotchin's comments in the Age about shirking contest all the more laughable.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
Big question WP- do you think he can turn it around? His softness that is. I seriously don't think he can. I'm not saying the kid cannot play a bit but IMO he will always be that bloke that will be the weak link when it comes to pressure and tackling. He is Grigg mk2
I know it's harsh and I know he is still young but I bet you we will be talking about the same thing with him in 5 years time.

Sorry for the delay in replying big tone was at a wedding yesterday.

Like you I've never been a fan of the kid when it comes to his attack on the contest. Ever so often he will go in for a hard ball, lay a tackle. But and it's a big but t doesn't happen often enough. Have seen him far too often take a step away from a contest rather than attacking it.

Do I think he turn it around? I hope he can but based on what I've seen so far the answer is NO. Why? because he continues to get games despite this clear deficiency in his game. What he did last week against the Dogs by not going for that mark was unforgivable. He should have been dropped for it and told to go back and work on that until he gets it right.

Actually he should been dropped a number of times over his 3 years in the game for doing these things. But instead of dropping him and working with him to fix it the coaches reward him for it by continuing to give him games. what message does it give him? To me it is telling him those efforts are acceptable. Which is why I am extremely doubtful it can be eradicated out of his game

Which makes Cotchin's comments in the Age about shirking contest all the more laughable.
Most weeks I go to the footy with about 4 other Tiger mates of mine and ever since Ellis has played for us I'd been telling the boys what I thought of him. All of them said I was being to harsh, but now everyone of them think the same thing. Now I've tried not to shove my opinion of him down people's throat but the time has come for this kid to spend some time in the twos. Let's be honest, what hope did the kid have playing along side Grigg and Houli and the likes!  :cheers

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
The Barometer - Round 5
Herald-Sun
April 14, 2014

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: If Damien Hardwick wants to make a statement at selection this week he has plenty of options. Shaun Grigg had a stinker against Collingwood and is not the same player he was last season, Shane Edwards is having no impact, Brandon Ellis has gone backwards, Nathan Gordon struggled in his second game and we all know how Ty Vickery is travelling.

ON THE CUSP: Some good signs from the VFL with Richmond’s new stand-alone team recording its first win of the year, even if it was against former affiliate Coburg. Nathan Foley was busy, top draft pick Ben Lennon played his best game, half-forward Brett O’Hanlon had 24 disposals and Matt McDonough and Brad Helbig provided plenty of run from defence — something sorely lacking at the elite level right now. Jake King kicked a goal but didn’t do much else to push for a senior recall.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: The Tigers’ situation is dire but even they couldn’t lose to Brisbane right now. Getting out of town might not be a bad thing and Richmond doesn’t mind playing at the Gabba — the Tigers have won their past five games there. A 2-3 record doesn’t look nearly as bad as 1-4 and a win will instil some confidence ahead of make-or-break clashes against Hawthorn and Geelong. With key trio Deledio, Rance and Maric unlikely to be back for those games, they’ll need it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-see-whos-injured-and-who-could-be-in-line-for-promotion-at-your-afl-club/story-fndv7pj3-1226883740402

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
AL PATON’S FORECAST: The Tigers’ situation is dire but even they couldn’t lose to Brisbane right now.

I wouldnt count on it, it will be the case of who are the bigger poo men, and at the moment the RFC can rival anyone

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2014, 03:53:03 PM »
Out Dalton Hardwedge
In  M. Williams.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
The Barometer - Round 5
Herald-Sun
April 14, 2014

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: If Damien Hardwick wants to make a statement at selection this week he has plenty of options. Shaun Grigg had a stinker against Collingwood and is not the same player he was last season, Shane Edwards is having no impact, Brandon Ellis has gone backwards, Nathan Gordon struggled in his second game and we all know how Ty Vickery is travelling.

ON THE CUSP: Some good signs from the VFL with Richmond’s new stand-alone team recording its first win of the year, even if it was against former affiliate Coburg. Nathan Foley was busy, top draft pick Ben Lennon played his best game, half-forward Brett O’Hanlon had 24 disposals and Matt McDonough and Brad Helbig provided plenty of run from defence — something sorely lacking at the elite level right now. Jake King kicked a goal but didn’t do much else to push for a senior recall.

This is Hardwick, so only Gordon will be dropped and Foley will come back in.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »
In the Mix - Round 5
Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
April 15, 2014

RICHMOND
The Tigers lacked pace against Collingwood in round four and Nathan Foley could address that shortcoming after an impressive performance for Richmond's VFL team at the weekend. The midfielder racked up 20 possessions and eight clearances and used the ball well going inside 50. Vice-captain Brett Deledio is another who would spark the Tigers, but he remains a week-to-week proposition as he battles Achilles soreness. He appears certain to miss Thursday night's clash against the Brisbane Lions and, with an undefined recovery timeline, could be sidelined for more than a month. Prized draftee Ben Lennon (17 possessions in the VFL) is gaining form and getting closer to an anticipated debut.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-15/in-the-mix-round-five 

tony_montana

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
The Barometer - Round 5
Herald-Sun
April 14, 2014

RICHMOND

This is Hardwick, so only Gordon will be dropped and Foley will come back in.

Would just typify the selection process at Richmond. One set of criteria for the noobs, another for the regular gimps