Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane @ GABBA Round 5  (Read 10733 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Richmond vs Brisbane @ GABBA Round 5
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
They haven't won a quarter yet

Guarantee they will against us if we play softies like Grigg and Edwards

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
8 point game
Nah, this is definitely a 16 point game - lose it and we're finished for the year and should go the tank by playing only the kids for the rest of the year.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 08:03:07 AM »
They will roll out Raines and McGaune next week

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 08:04:47 AM »
Pity Melbourne won. Really wanted the media scrutiny on our club. Brisbane will come out firing after that loss. Time for the players to stand up and be counted

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
We will find a way to lose if we can.

There will be some excuse from Dimma - heat, browns 250th, injuries  :chuck
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 03:59:08 PM »
1 of 2 outcomes.

Brisbane play with nothing to lose vs our safe slow rubbish game play thanks to Leppas knowledge of our players and knock us off for Browns 250th with a depleted side.

or

We thrash them by 10 goals and preach how good our structure and effort was.

Go Tigers!

Rampstar

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 06:19:38 PM »
considering brissie will be playing with a Big M little league side this week anything under 15 goal win would be unsatisfactory IMHO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No Brett Deledio as Richmond prepares to face Brisbane team decimated by injury
Herald-Sun
April 13, 2014 4:16PM

RICHMOND’S bid to resuscitate its season has received a huge boost with the Lions missing four of their best six players for Thursday’s crunch match.

But the Tigers will again be without Brett Deledio, who admits he is unsure when he will overcome Achilles soreness.

Brisbane pair Pearce Hanley (second in last year’s best-and-fairest) and Matthew Leuenberger (sixth) face a month on the sidelines, while Daniel Merrett is still suspended.

Hanley (hamstring) and Leunberger (knee) were injured in the belting against Port Adelaide, with 13 Lions including Daniel Rich (knee, second in the 2012 best-and-fairest), Luke McGuane (knee), Brent Staker (knee) and Ash McGrath (calf) all sidelined.

The Lions also have only a five-day break that included travel from Adelaide back to Queensland before taking on a Richmond side humbled by Collingwood last Friday night.

Deledio told Channel 7 on Sunday he was working towards his return from a sore tendon which ran down the back of his foot.

Coach Damien Hardwick said last week his star playmaker could be sidelined for up to a month but hoped he would return sooner.

“I have been running the last couple of days but I have to make sure I can pull up all right and get some strength work into it,’’ Deledio said.

“I haven’t got a lot of spring and can’t explode off the mark. It is a little tendon which runs down past your Achilles which is causing me grief but I am strengthening it and touch wood I will be back out there sooner rather than later. I am not going to be out for two months.

“I have had a pretty good history in the past of being able to heal pretty quickly so I want to get back out there.”

Deledio said the Tigers needed to do more to help star Trent Cotchin to escape taggers, with the captain adamant some of Brent Macaffer’s tactics were illegal.

“We know there’s been taggers in the game for donkey’s years but, just at times, I thought I was being held illegally,” Cotchin said.

“But the reality is there’s three umpires out there, they’re doing the best they can and the onus is on myself to win the footy and to have my teammates helping me out.”

Ivan Maric (ankle) is expected back after the Round 8 bye, with Tyrone Vickery subbed out but not injured against the Pies.

Lions coach Justin Leppitsch joked he might need to make a comeback, but knows Leuenberger and Hanley won’t be back soon.

“Whether it’s a minor couple of weeks or five or six, hopefully (Leuenberger is) not a surgery candidate,” Leppitsch said.

“And Pearce Hanley’s hamstring, whether it’s three weeks or whether it’s six, that will be determined by scanning.

“I have got no one left, I might have to come out of retirement if we keep going like this.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no-brett-deledio-as-richmond-prepares-to-face-brisbane-team-decimated-by-injury/story-fndv8t7m-1226883035803

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:04 AM »
Heard that Richmond aren't coming up till Wednesday - hope that is enough time and they won't be under prepared like the Suns game

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 08:01:59 AM »
Could be without: Deledio, Maric, rance, Jackson and cotchin. Uh oh

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »
Heard that Richmond aren't coming up till Wednesday - hope that is enough time and they won't be under prepared like the Suns game

Normal practice Julz

They travel the day before every interstate game game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
8 point game
Nah, this is definitely a 16 point game - lose it and we're finished for the year and should go the tank by playing only the kids for the rest of the year.

Gee I have never heard of a 16 point game, but the call has been made and a 16 point game it is

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »
8 point game

Season defining game. Drop this one and it's season over
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »
8 point game
Funnily enough we'd be better off playing the old hacks than risking a kid might actually have something if we want to tank.  :lol

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »
8 point game
Funnily enough we'd be better off playing the old hacks than risking a kid might actually have something if we want to tank.  :lol
:clapping :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.