Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane @ GABBA Round 5  (Read 10707 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane @ GABBA Round 5
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2014, 07:34:23 PM »
I said we would make the finals and I said that I would be back to say so :thumbsup

Fair enough I guess but that was round 5. Plenty thought we were still a chance after a month of footy. I notice you didn't revisit the thread when we were 3 and 10. If you say that you still thought we'd play finals I won't believe you.
I was trying work out whether we should get McCartin or Petracca at that stage!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2014, 07:49:12 PM »
I'll be revisiting this page at the end of the home and away season to reply with a post on making the finals....   :thumbsup

Or not making the finals.....
Yeah Yeah ok, if we don't make the finals I will come back here, but I guarantee you, I will be back to talk about being in the finals. :thumbsup
I said we would make the finals and I said that I would be back to say so :thumbsup

Gotta pay that

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »

Fair enough I guess but that was round 5. Plenty thought we were still a chance after a month of footy. I notice you didn't revisit the thread when we were 3 and 10. If you say that you still thought we'd play finals I won't believe you.

Awww c'mon Dice, let the baby have his rattle!
I say good for you mate, your optimism has finally been rewarded  :thumbsup
I just hope you don't back horses.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

1980 I Was There

« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »

I NEVER stop believing until it's mathematically impossible.
But as one poster on here said, people like me who keep on believing clearly have their heads in the sand.

Of course it's hard to keep believing when there are so many losses and even when you believe, is it really belief or just blind faith for the love of the yellow and black that keeps driving people like me.
What ever the case is, I didn't post back on here at any time until we made the finals "or not" until it actually happened as I said I would.

I'm happier that we made the finals than to post on here that I FINALLY got something rite  ;D

1980 I Was There

« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »

:lol
It's far greater than optimism for me.
I spent many a year in pubs up in QLD back in the late eighties and early nineties and to walk into a rugby dominated pub with me Tigers footy guernsey on, brought more than a few looks.
Just to get a frothy from the bar was bloody hard, but always became increasingly harder as the nites went on.
Let me put it this way.

I ALWAYS STOOD UP for what I truly believed in, and that was my beloved Tigers, and nobody was gonna take that away from me, so getting into a few blues was pretty much the norm for many years.
I didn't win all those battles, but I bloody tell ya what, They all knew who the bloody Yellow and Black were.

:gotigers and stick it up em all  :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:02 PM »
Good on ya champ, nice to see you back.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2014, 08:19:34 PM »

Happy to have 1980 back but I hope that other nuffer Rumbah or whatever his name was stays away

dwaino

« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2014, 08:32:49 PM »

Happy to have 1980 back but I hope that other nuffer Rumbah or whatever his name was stays away

Ruined bandaid*?

*coined by yeahright

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »

:lol
It's far greater than optimism for me.
I spent many a year in pubs up in QLD back in the late eighties and early nineties and to walk into a rugby dominated pub with me Tigers footy guernsey on, brought more than a few looks.
Just to get a frothy from the bar was bloody hard, but always became increasingly harder as the nites went on.
Let me put it this way.

I ALWAYS STOOD UP for what I truly believed in, and that was my beloved Tigers, and nobody was gonna take that away from me, so getting into a few blues was pretty much the norm for many years.
I didn't win all those battles, but I bloody tell ya what, They all knew who the bloody Yellow and Black were.

:gotigers and stick it up em all  :thumbsup
Well done. A true Tiger believer.  :cheers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »

Ruined bandaid*?

*coined by yeahright

Stuff that guy  :lol
FWIW I reckon he's that doic-something guy :shh