Author Topic: Official Round 5 team vs Brisbane  (Read 4017 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Official Round 5 team vs Brisbane
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 10:22:44 PM »
Heard Lennon has been given the all clear for his debut for Jackson.

Could be dodgy mail.

Weak effort by the club. Had an oppurtunity to make a statement to the 75% efforters in the side that they won't play if they put in performances like that. We need to blow Lions out of the blocks early and I'd prefer to see someone like Miles, Lennon, Lloyd be doing that than the down hill skiers of Grigg, Edwards and ofcourse Petterd.

Petterd will save us all. #circus
Go Tigers!

Rampstar

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:15 PM »
best thing that could happen to this club right now is for us to lose against Brisbane so the pretenders get booted once and for all and hardwick gets through his noggin that most of his favorites are sh.ite!

Rampstar

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
If Leppitsch has any ability as a coach he will go one on one from the start of the game and Brissie will be right in it up to their ears.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
Petterd is the thin blue line between sanctuary and complete and utter failure.
So is Grigg, Newy, Titch, Chaplin, Houli, Ellis atm also.
Malakies.

the claw

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
Can't believe grigg is still in.
i can. Hasn't been dropped in over 3 years here. Why would u think it would start now?
why because until this yr there was no real expectation or real need to succeed in a way.

heres a hint of our problems though. what id term genuine mids not named.

deledio  - only walk up start not in there and hes out for god knows how long. you just dont stuff around with achilles.
gordon - looks decent hes no world beater though.
helbig = has done exactly what to date.
knights - injured would be a better option but hes not one atm
miles - well being a rookie says it all.  not an option.
williams - another rookie see miles.
could we  possibly play lennon on a wing atm  would that be an option.
yes there are other  players capable of going thru the midfield but they are not regular mids who are expected to go all day.
in effect atm there are two options 3 if you include lennon, gordon and helbig.

the depth in this area exacerbates the problems we have

Don't agree with you there.You play players on form simple as that no matter on there ability's or else you a sending the wrong messages none of this favourites business what's going on now.Miles has performed claw it was a mistake not to promote him match committee got it wrong big time.
If you play players on form, why do 90% of the team get a game week after week?
sorry georgie i didnt make myself clear. what form and what real options are there to replace a mid with a mid.  i named all of the mids not playing and only two are realistic replacements injury and rookie status means the others are not available. the point is we dont have decent mid replacements for grigg. thats why he keeps on getting games. even if the rookies were promoted and the injured fit the cupboard is shallow.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:17 PM »
best thing that could happen to this club right now is for us to lose against Brisbane so the pretenders get booted once and for all and hardwick gets through his noggin that most of his favorites are sh.ite!

I actually agree, we can still save our current list and keep top 6 a target for the next few years if we make the right calls. We'd need something to seriously change for us to make top 6 this year but looking beyond that we cull our pretenders and C Grade list cloggers than we can still aim for that achievement. A loss to Brisbane and a few 'favourites' being scapegoated would benefit the club. Winning and then getting thumped by Hawks and Geelong will just prove our fears that the list has been compiled by depth of C Graders and all together equals a middle of the road club that can't compete with a premiership contender.

Still want us to win, but would want us to win with the likes of Arnot, Lennon, Ellis, Conca, Miles, Lloyd, blokes under 24-25 taking apart a wounded team rather than a bunch of one way runners who are post 25 in Grigg, Petterd, Edwards etc. tapping up their value to the coaching staff.
Go Tigers!

the claw

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »

I actually agree, we can still save our current list and keep top 6 a target for the next few years if we make the right calls. We'd need something to seriously change for us to make top 6 this year but looking beyond that we cull our pretenders and C Grade list cloggers than we can still aim for that achievement. A loss to Brisbane and a few 'favourites' being scapegoated would benefit the club. Winning and then getting thumped by Hawks and Geelong will just prove our fears that the list has been compiled by depth of C Graders and all together equals a middle of the road club that can't compete with a premiership contender.

Still want us to win, but would want us to win with the likes of Arnot, Lennon, Ellis, Conca, Miles, Lloyd, blokes under 24-25 taking apart a wounded team rather than a bunch of one way runners who are post 25 in Grigg, Petterd, Edwards etc. tapping up their value to the coaching staff.
ah a poster after me heart. someone who recognises the need to take a step backward to go forward in the future.  if we are not to become a basket case very quickly this needs to happen. we have to recognise and acknowledge where the list at and bloody do something about it.  pretending we are better than we are will only cause long term grief.
how hard is it to say yep the list isnt where we thought it needed to be and we mat have to take a step back to address this.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 10:48:44 PM »
Malakies.

Never in human history has such fate been left to a bunch of stuffing pea hearted clowns.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 10:55:50 PM »
Malakies.

Never in human history has such fate been left to a bunch of stuffing pea hearted clowns.

LOL. I enjoyed this quote very much lol
Go Tigers!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
Rampstar and Claw i agree with you both ،but i believe we a being poorly coached at the moment to.Dimma looks lost  matchday to and has no plan B.Under a Ross Lyron or Bombetr we wouldbe a better side.A big concern for me this is.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »
If Shedwards actually stays forward and we use him as a crumbing forward, I'll be OK with that. Not over the moon because we really need a Cyril Rioli type but Shedwards has some value when he is in the forward line.

got to be kidding there are no crumbing forwards full stop when the ball goes into the forward line. what a joke this team selection is absolute tragic these type of players are getting games.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
The result, They are all going to perish in the heat of battle & the tropical heat will fry them  :help

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:56 PM »
Im getting to the point where I like to watch us play, but you know what, I just feel disconnected from the result. Been burnt so many times as supporters and to be frank if the players and coaches arent 110% serious why should the fans be.

The club is stuffed

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
Im getting to the point where I like to watch us play, but you know what, I just feel disconnected from the result. Been burnt so many times as supporters and to be frank if the players and coaches arent 110% serious why should the fans be.

The club is stuffed

l think its time to stop throwing our money at memberships if they are not being serious

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 11:30:19 PM »
The incompetance over the years as well as the afls tilted table is all just stunning.

We are the other clubs bunnies, and the supporters are the bunnies bunnies.
"Sliding doors moment.