Author Topic: Changes for the Hawks game?  (Read 3971 times)

Gigantor

Re: Changes for the Hawks game?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
Last year I thought Houli made great strides in removing the faults from his game,but unfortunatly this year they have come back with interest

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
Hawthorn play a brand of football we can go with. Roughhead is the danger man we must stop. Can Batch do the job ? l think he can with some support. l'm confident about this game. Its a game l can go through the turnstile & know we can win.
Bring in Kingy to lay out Rioli in the 1st few minutes & that alone will be priceless  ;D

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »
Can't see any changes myself, maybe give lennon a go for Grigg but won't happen

1980 I Was There

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »
Hawthorn play a brand of football we can go with. Roughhead is the danger man we must stop. Can Batch do the job ? l think he can with some support. l'm confident about this game. Its a game l can go through the turnstile & know we can win.
Bring in Kingy to lay out Rioli in the 1st few minutes & that alone will be priceless  ;D
Yeah, I hope Kingy gets a few more games for what I reckon will be his last year at Tigerland :(

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2014, 09:20:24 PM »
Yeah, I hope Kingy gets a few more games for what I reckon will be his last year at Tigerland :(
Not if he is taking the spot of a youngster and at the same time not starring in the VFL.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »
Would love to see Lennon in for Thomas, he s not req with arnot building his form
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

1980 I Was There

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »
Not if he is taking the spot of a youngster and at the same time not starring in the VFL.
Having Kingy come in as a sub towards the end of a game and see him deck some bludger would be worth seeing him one more time :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2014, 10:30:46 PM »
Would love to see Lennon in for Thomas, he s not req with arnot building his form

:huh

Y not both

the claw

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »
leave the team the same. in fact rest a few of the kids i dont want to see them getting the blame when the massacre happens.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 06:40:06 PM »
The Barometer - Round 6
Herald-Sun
April 21, 2014

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Matt Thomas is an interesting case. He again won the hard ball early on Thursday night but he was subbed out not long after half-time and the Tigers looked quicker and more lively with Nathan Gordon on the field. Sam Lloyd was quiet after starting his career in a blaze of glory but should be safe while Shane Edwards got his season going with two late goals. Dylan Grimes isn’t doing much wrong defensively but offers very little going the other way (averaging seven disposals a game this year) and could be in trouble when Alex Rance is fit.

ON THE CUSP: Top draft pick Ben Lennon is closing on an AFL debut after picking up 28 disposals and 16 marks playing across half-back in the VFL. Jake Batchelor (30 touches) played his best game of the year while Matt McDonough was again prominent. Rookie Anthony Miles was the VFL outfit’s top ball-winner but Ty Vickery kicked just one goal as the second-tier side went down to Williamstown by 70 points. Damien Hardwick said in his post-game press conference after the win against the Lions that Brett Deledio and Alex Rance could both play against the Hawks. Was he being optimistic?

AL PATON’S FORECAST: Anomaly or genuine bogey? Richmond has played Hawthorn once in each of the past two years and won both games, by 41 and 62 points. Sunday’s clash at the MCG will be a massive test but an extra four days to prepare and the possible return of two key players will add to the confidence gained by a seven-goal win at the Gabba. That game wasn’t pretty but the Tigers’ produced some link-up play through the middle that hasn’t been seen too often this season. A win would put the Tigers right back in the hunt — if Plough was still there you suspect this might be the match for which every player signs the Sherrin.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-find-out-whos-injured-and-whos-in-the-selection-mix-ahead-of-round-6-of-the-afl/story-fndv7pj3-1226891189970

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »
leave the team the same. in fact rest a few of the kids i dont want to see them getting the blame when the massacre happens.

Hawks are battling a little. I think we'll lose but I'm not so sure now we'll be massacred.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »
Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun twitter:

"A few newsy bits from @FOXFootyLive. Rance will still miss v Hawthorn next week as will Deledio, Morris a chance for Dogs"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 07:42:49 PM »
Rance broke his foot round 1, be surprised if he returns soon. Yet the club don't confirm it and had him listed as an omission..

I'm a bit worried about Lennon, he was the best kick in the draft camp and has a seriously good long leg. Our game style doesn't suit these sort of players, we don't create space where his long leg will be useful. I'm worried we'll bring him in and he'll be ask to keep possession and kick short and thats not what he was a first round pick for.
Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 09:35:40 PM »
Notice today how Geelong isolated their forwards so Hawthorn couldn't  get a third man up in marking contests. No Josh Gibson coming in from the side. Do you think Dimma will try the same?
What I hope to happen is to have one of Jack, Dusty or Griffiths in the goal square for the entire game with the other forwards starting on the centre square line or wide in the pockets. And if they want to have someone sit in the hole, have someone decent in a pocket and actually use him a few times early. Make them be accountable and make them play one on one. Individually they can be beaten one on one but as a collective they work really well together. It's time for big Griff to stand up in one of these games. It's ok to have improved but he needs to take this game by the scruff of the neck.
Also we need to play on a lot more than we have. It's amazing what opens up when you run and create.  We will turn it over at times but it's the thing that will get us going. Put people on notice too Dimma, let them know if you don't tackle and chase this week then next week you will be playing at Punt Rd.
We need to start well too, gets some scoreboard pressure on when we can. Play our good players where they can do the most damage. Cotch in the centre, resting forward, Dusty either at FF or short stints on the ball but make sure he is near goals most of the time. Jack one on one with some space to lead into, and if Lids plays, play him across half back, he will be underdone but could handle that roll. Play the kids and let their young legs run. Take risks, use the corridor and move the ball quickly and we may be a chance.
Just don't serve up what you have been.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »
In the mix: round six
Nathan Schmook 
April 22, 2014

RICHMOND

Prized draftee Ben Lennon increased pressure on the Tigers' match committee to blood him after a standout performance across half-back in the VFL. The No.12 draft pick racked up 28 possessions and 16 marks against Williamstown and is building strong form, with his precision kicking an asset the Tigers could use at AFL level. Forwards Ty Vickery and Jake King pushed their cases in the VFL but are unlikely to break back into the senior team this week. Tall target Liam McBean (three goals) was more impressive at VFL level, while Matt McDonough, Jake Batchelor and Brad Helbig are available.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-22/in-the-mix-round-six