Author Topic: douglas bump  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: douglas bump
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
I'm over it.

Unless they explain why the eff he was suspended and why he then got off no one is any the wiser.

Game is in trouble when players have NFI how they are supposed to approach a contest.

Clear it up FFS.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »
Sanity prevails and the essence of the game survives for a little longer albeit when the crowds start flocking back and the integrity of the sport has been established once more.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 10:17:52 PM »
I'm over it.

Unless they explain why the eff he was suspended and why he then got off no one is any the wiser.

Game is in trouble when players have NFI how they are supposed to approach a contest.

Clear it up FFS.

It's been reported that a statement relating to how they came to this decision will released in due course
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 11:02:32 PM »
Just waiting for smasha to show up and tell us how they only upheld the appeal after realising he'd miss the match against Richmond.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »
It'll all be about the 'bump' again this week as well.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 10:40:52 PM »
All I see are high tackles that deserve free kicks. The game is softening up by the minute. It's a contact sport FFS.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
If hannery goes its a silly game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 02:11:52 AM »
Sadly, accidents happen in footy including friendly fire.

Last night's collision between East Perth teammates Scott Lycett and Brant Colledge was one of the biggest hits in footy for a long time. Colledge out cold before he hit the ground and he could also have some sort of facial fracture. It happened in the last minute of the match as well.

VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=770711009683487

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »
Ballentine offered two weeks

LOL

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 09:01:53 AM »
Ballentine offered two weeks

LOL

What are you talking about?

He hasn't been offered anything, been referred straight to the Tribunal

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Ballantine's Finest Scotch Whisky Bump
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
my understanding is the ticked the boxes and gave him two weeks (joke)

then they thought they got it wrong - so moved into on to the other mob cause its all abit tough

remantle coach Ross Lyon has been left confused after forward Hayden Ballantyne became the latest victim of the AFL’s crackdown on the new bump rule.
The Fremantle goal sneak was charged with engaging in Rough Conduct against Matthew Jaensch during the Dockers' win over Adelaide on Sunday and will go straight to the AFL tribunal, bypassing the normal Match Review Panel.
Lyon told 6PR's Sports Today program that the MRP had simply wiped its hands of the incident.
“They’ve certainly left it open to interpretation, the MRP (Match Review Panel) can be quite narrow, so they’ve put it in the too-hard basket," Lyon said.
Advertisement 
“I think the overall rule very confusing and grey, but I better leave it there. I don’t want to fork out twenty grand.”
Ballantyne has 87.5 carryover points after being suspended for two incidents in the Dockers' round five clash with Sydney.
It’s understood this would make it hard for the MRP to hand him anything less than a two-week ban if it had handled the case.
“The spirit of the game is about competing and it’s about intent, either malicious intent going the bump or going to compete. I would like to see similar events judged in the spirit of the game” Lyon said.
Ballantyne will stay in Perth for his initial tribunal case but if Fremantle isn’t happy with the outcome and elects to appeal, he is likely to travel to Melbourne for the appeal hearing.
It’s not just Ballantyne the Dockers have to worry about with defender Luke Mcpharlin suffering a  knee injury on the weekend as well.
Lyon told 6PR the Dockers were waiting on results of scans.
“It doesn’t look great but we’re going to see how he pulls up tomorrow [Tuesday] and we’ll update further," Lyon said.
“It’s a bit of an old injury, he’s got a bit of laxity in the knee and the knee’s a bit old”
The McPharlin blow comes with fellow key defender Michael Johnson already sidelined for a month with an injury to his medial ligament.
In some good news Anthony Morabito is getting close to his first game following three knee reconstructions.
He has impressed in the WAFL for East Fremantle but Lyon isn’t confirming his inclusion just yet.
“I went down to Shark Park and he was pretty impressive, it’s his best game he took a significant step…. it’s getting to the exciting stage there’s no doubt about that,” Lyon said

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ross-lyon-mrp-has-put-ballantyne-bump-in-toohard-basket-20140610-zs2bn.html#ixzz34BdG1oq3
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:12:18 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 10:34:10 AM »
Facts are he wasn't offered 2 weeks, he was sent straight to the Tribunal

The "why" is pure speculation, no one knows, the Age report is their take on why

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
facts are he was given two weeks and then they moved it on to the next mob  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
facts are he was given two weeks and then they moved it on to the next mob  :clapping

No facts are he was sent straight to the tribunal by the MRP as per their statement

Hayden Ballantyne, Fremantle, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Matthew Jaensch, Adelaide, during the fourth quarter of the round 12 match between Fremantle and Adelaide, played at Patersons Stadium on Sunday June 8, 2014. 

In summary, the matter has been directly referred to the Tribunal for its determination and he cannot accept an early plea on this matter.

From: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-09/mrp-full-statement-round-12

He wasn't offered anything

Can it be made any clearer for you?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: douglas / Ballantyne bump
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 12:29:10 PM »
He wasn't offered anything

ja after the first mob counted their toes and came up with two weeks then passed the buck