Author Topic: To Rfc official  (Read 24682 times)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
Re: To Rfc official
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
dhardwick@richmondfc.com.au
bgale@richmondfc.com.au

Doubt il get a response. At least Miller was professional enough to answer my questions.

As long as the club keeps collecting my money all is good.

Hey Don, do us a favour and flick Dimma your huge post from earlier!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2014, 09:50:05 PM »
dhardwick@richmondfc.com.au
bgale@richmondfc.com.au

Doubt il get a response. At least Miller was professional enough to answer my questions.

As long as the club keeps collecting my money all is good.

Hey Don,do us a favour and flick Dimma your huge post from earlier!

Here you go Golfprotiger for you me and every other true Tiger. :thumbsup

Rather than talk about the obvious I will say this.
Dimma has lost the plot. In 2012 we were the best contested side in the comp and used the corridor regularly with quick ball movement in 2013 we complemented this adding defensive 50 pressure and forward 50 pressure.
Why does Dimma want to forsake this and reinvent the wheel?
The team philosophy that has held firm for his first four years in nowhere now. This stop start static option footy has reminded me of the Spud tenure added with this corralling bs reminding me of the Wallet era.
For a minute there I thought that the Ponsford was still under construction and it was 2003 such was the brand of footy we were playing.
Why sacrifice the game of a 2 time Coleman Medallist to make a pea hearted footballer in Vickery the focus.
Why keep playing blokes like Grigg Edwards Chaplin Newman Houli  and such who have been abysmal. Our attack last year was launched from half back this year we have got nothing from Houli Newman or anyone.
Why make players do what is unnatural to them and get naturally attacking minded players and input a defensive mindset in them?
Houli squibbed it in front of me again in front of the Olympic in the second.
Titch, Petterd, Grigg I don't care how many times they get it, quantity will always loose out to quality no matter what.
This club is happy with 110% FTF and high membership bases with no on foeld return.
Port were 6 games worse off than us in 2012 yet the way things stand now they licked the Cats who in turn will annihilate us as they always seem to do next week.
The club is a constant annual failure who are lucky to have the supporter base they have. As much as a Cllingwood flag in September has a special mystique about it as their GF failures so are our annual failures given that even though last year may be regarded as a success being knocked out of the finals by a side that failed to qualify is a massive failure of sorts given we were also 5 goals plus up in the third quarter.
The apparent lack of cohesion, speed, constructiveness and ability to back up your team mate has totally devoid the side of any flair and continuity that served us so well especially in 2012/13 and for parts of 2011 when we realised that potentially we have a side that may play a sustainable brand of football that could take us well into September.

This club it seems is once again making the mistake of putting the cart before the horse and counting its membership base, profits and potential ucess rather than planning on sustainability. Dimma is coaching like a man who is bereft of any ideas and planning unnatural game plans for players who seem to be confused and bereft of inspiration themselves. We saw this with Frawley post 2001 when we made finals and despite any injury concerns to key players this should not be enough to set us back the way it has as 2003 we saw more of the same crap.

Dimma has really lost me after the Bulldogs game I was angry given how we lost and given where the two sides were on the table last year but that was the warning sign that now has turned into a full blooded DEFCOM 5 alert and we are really in danger and I aint talking about this year because I feel right now it is gone and given we have Geelong on the rebound next week but next year and 2016 the next two years of Dimma's tenure.

If it aint broke why fix it? Unless you want to be too smart and not play to your strengths.
I would rather isolate Jack and use Griff and have another tall third option by bringing Lennon into the side.
Vickery has lost me given his attitude. If Lids has an Achilles put him on the LTIL and promote Miles. Geez we need a small classy crumber who can play midfield we are so lacking in that area it aint funny. Has been for years since Naishy left for Port. Would retain Gordon and Lloyd as especially the former whilst making a blue at least presents and gut runs.
Arnot, McDonough, Griff, Astbury must play week in week out and when Dea is available play him too.

Would ratherlose with the kids than lose with the same footballers who give the same paltry output year in and year out. If Newman is a leader spend two years in the ressies and teach and nurture the kids. Add Houli, Titch, Grigg, Petterd just to name a few and add a few others like Chaplin, Hampson when Maric is fit as Griff on one leg is better than that spud of a footballer and we gave up pick 28 for this but hey Hawthorn give up pick 17 for McEvoy. :-\

This season is salvageable and if it means playing the kids with a spine of senior players in the 80-150 core to guide us then so be it. Time for Cotch, Martin, Jack, and some lesser types like Ellis and Grimes and a few others to model themselves on Floss and see how he goes about it.

I could bear the floggings in 2010/11 because we were rebuilding from scratch given the retirements and the list degradation that set in by the time 2009 finished but our list is fast becoming if not already is the same failed list that tokenly made a finals series for the first time in a decade and if 2020 odd is the next time we make it because history is repeating and the same mistakes are being made  then everybody in the club should be ashamed of this.

How can Port do it and overtake us and Bulldogs start a rebuild 2 years after us yet bear fruit against us already whilst we claim we are finals bound and get an 11 goal flogging from the reigning premier whom we beat by 62 and 41 points the last two times we met. Mindset and garbage planning, list management, coaching agendas and personnel selection in the team 22 has negated any opportunity we have had to build on the last four years of significant on and off field productivity and improvement.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
I got home tonight and said to my significant other that although I was angry I was also relieved.

Relieved because now the season is shot, I don't have to invest in the emotional rollover coaster ride anymore that is the RFC. I don't have to care, don't have to do much at all.

Club doesn't give a stuff about us. Because if they I'd they wouldn't come out with the spin.
E
Spin which I must say right at the minute is worse than anything we got during the Wallace era and let's be honest we got some ripper junk back then.

I've been patient, I've been loyal, so bloody loyal.

But seriously to have our Coach and GM of footy say that we are a better side this year is insulting to me and the other 63k+ folks who've handed over their hard earned to this club.

To have to sit through seeing the same old favourites getting games when they don't deserve them is not only disgraceful but insulting.

As it stands after today's insipid display the RFC doesn't deserve our loyalty.

2014 is shaping up as the year the RFC went backwards to the place I thought we had left behind
That's how I felt today watching the game. The realisation that we have been duped into thinking that this was the real deal was quite deflating. But my main beef is that they want our support but can't be up front with the truth. The injury list is one such example.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2014, 10:35:50 PM »
That's how I felt today watching the game. The realisation that we have been duped into thinking that this was the real deal was quite deflating. But my main beef is that they want our support but can't be up front with the truth. The injury list is one such example.

Yep, exactly

Then throw in this weeks "we're a better side" rubbish and you have people so disillusioned that the Club now faces a crisis that they are unlikely to acknowledge even exists. And I am not talking about the on field either

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »
Carlton has started winning.

The Headlines 'Crisis at Punt Road' are coming this week.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »
WP who is the GM who made comments

Thought it was only our coach

Back to being a laughing stock again. So many messages tonight from mates not so much about the loss but more about that pathetic comment
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »
Carlton has started winning.

The Headlines 'Crisis at Punt Road' are coming this week.

Blow torch will be on us this week and rightly so.

No one expected them to win but it was the lack of effort and the woeful game style that's the most frustrating, disappointing and annoying thing

Club deserves everything it cops this week

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2014, 10:41:22 PM »
Where is that guy with the chicken poo when you need him…. :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »

Back to being a laughing stock again. So many messages tonight from mates not so much about the loss but more about that pathetic comment

It was Dan Richardson GM of Football

He was guest speaker at the Inner Sanctum (coterie group) pre match function today

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2014, 10:43:51 PM »

He was guest speaker at the Inner Sanctum (coterie group) pre match function today

Sorry to ask again but are you saying he echoed those same comments today in that we are a better side

Surely not

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2014, 10:44:43 PM »

Sorry to ask again but are you saying he echoed those same comments today in that we are a better side

Surely not

It's called towing the party line….

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »
We can still build on 3/4 of our list but we must delist most of the rejects we brought in who all lack skill, pace and or composure. A good clean out of about 10 players is a must.

Petterd
Grigg
Thomas
Morris
Stephenson
Newman
King
Williams
Edwards

Must all be shown the door. Ridiculous that we could have half a dozen good kids on the list already

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »

Surely not

Yes he did.

He tried to explain what was meant by it

Said that our results probably don't reflect it but they believe we are after side because we have better depth now, so therefore we are a better side this year compared to last year

:banghead

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2014, 10:48:24 PM »

Surely not

Yes he did.

He tried to explain what was meant by it

Said that our results probably don't reflect it but they believe we are after side because we have better depth now, so therefore we are a better side this year compared to last year

:banghead
What will they say when we finish 16th?
We feel that the 16th achieved this year is actually better than the 5th last year…..

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2014, 10:48:43 PM »
Thanks for that  that intel I had no idea

What a comment.