Author Topic: To Rfc official  (Read 27269 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: To Rfc official
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »
Let's just say the Jay Schulz has matured greatly since leaving Punt Rd
End of story

No it's not.
The question is why he couldn't be developed properly at Tigerland when he obviously had oodles of ability.
We have had so few talls become genuine successes at Richmond over the past 30 years.
You could count them on one hand. :banghead

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2014, 02:01:41 AM »
Schultz was lucky he wasn't sacked after costing us the TAC sponsorship.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2014, 05:36:08 AM »

Bingo
And there was more

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »
This is really old ground but lets please remember Jay was all of 19 years old at the time of the DUI incident. It was hardly a sackable offence.
Obviously the TAC sponsorship was a very tentative one.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
This is really old ground but lets please remember Jay was all of 19 years old at the time of the DUI incident. It was hardly a sackable offence.
Obviously the TAC sponsorship was a very tentative one.
Any excuse to get away from the RFC most likely.  :shh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »

Haha. He netted us a better sponsor and was our best young tall. If we had have sacked him he would have gone to Port and become a gun 5 years earlier than he did. Probably unlucky he didn't get sacked, he could have gone to a decent club. And as Magic has said, he was 19 at the time. Was very remorseful for his actions. In fact he never really got over it

Bingo
And there was more

You are a disgrace mate. Enlighten us, what else was there? And you if you mention anything about him using a nokia instead of a motorola then you deserve a massive bitch slap. Just admit it, you were dead wrong about Jay. You hid behind your computer like a scared girl and bagged him for years. Too scared to say anything to his face. Now he's become one of the best forwards in the game you say he has matured. What a load of rubbish

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »
How bad would Schulz be if he stayed a Tiger lol

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »

Well he'd be playing at full back under Dimma for starters. Wingard would be in the back pocket. Gotta get that flexibility thing going. Everyone knows that.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »

Well he'd be playing at full back under Dimma for starters. Wingard would be in the back pocket. Gotta get that flexibility thing going. Everyone knows that.

In the VFL......"Oh look it's all about structures and we think Chad just needs to work on a few little things around the defensive aspects of his game....."

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »

Haha. He netted us a better sponsor and was our best young tall. If we had have sacked him he would have gone to Port and become a gun 5 years earlier than he did. Probably unlucky he didn't get sacked, he could have gone to a decent club. And as Magic has said, he was 19 at the time. Was very remorseful for his actions. In fact he never really got over it

I agree...but he was still fortunate to stay on the list after effectively costing the club a sponsorship regardless of what happened afterwards....it's not as if he was Richo or Nathan Brown.....or a Cloke or a Shaw and we were Eddiewood....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »
I have too ask why pick "Diocletian" as a username?

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

the claw

« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »
hmm i was one who was all for cutting jay. he always showed glimpses and he always failed to find any sort of consistency.
jay himself said his woes at tigerland was not so much the club being at fault but himself.

what was needed was a change and a wake up call. i reckon the penny dropped for schulzy once he left.
if he stayed who knows i reckon sooner or later that same penny would have finally dropped.

the sad part for me in schulz is not that we let go of a chronic underperformer and that is exactly what he was. no the sad part was we got so little in return for a bloke who clearly had heaps of potenntial.
the rabble footy club really shot itself in the foot in this regard. we   could have got a very good second rounder the yr before but we had a fool running the show and ended up with a jackson dud in farmer a yr later.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »
Did anyone one else get a phone call this morning from the club offering $200 raffle tickets.
The gall of the club. No thanks. Last year the raffle was in July/August. Shocking timing if you ask me.
No thanks. I give enough of my hard earned. Time to repay us RFC.

Got my call yesterday.  Had always bought one up until now but politely declined.  Just felt a bit jaded given the less than 100% effort we have been rewarded with as supporters this season.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »
Got mine. Twice.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Rampstar