Author Topic: Deledio free to play / tribunal appeal successful [updated]  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Deledio free to play / tribunal appeal successful [updated]
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
Ordinary from him but it shouldn't undo the 250+ games of good service he gave us. And he did put his body on the line on plenty of occasions.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »
Ordinary from him but it shouldn't undo the 250+ games of good service he gave us. And he did put his body on the line on plenty of occasions.

True

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »
Opinion aside on the ruling on bumping etc.

Did Viney, elect to bump? Yes
Did Viney make contact to the head? Yes
Was the opponent injured? Yes - broken jaw.

I understand the backlash over social media and radio, but if you elect to bump, hit the player in the head you are 99% chance of being suspended and if they are injured it seems you have no chance of getting off.

I don't agree with the verdict but its the way the game is now. I think the clash of heads one is far worse than Viney. He elected to bump and got him high and broke his jaw. Thats not as harsh as someone electing to bump, executing the bump correctly in the shoulder but because of the force and the pace of the game you clash heads, injuring yourself and your opponent and you get weeks.

#suchislife
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Deledio free to play [updated]
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
Well done Emmet Dunnne.
The Melbourne game is a must win and so got rid of Viney and reinstated Lids in one evening! :clapping :clapping :clapping :bow :bow :bow

Did Emmett Dunne sit on the Viney Case?

If he did he should hang his head in shame, that was a terrible, pathetic decision

As for the cowardice shown by Joel Bowden and his cohorts at the MRP  :banghead :banghead

I don't agree with the rule but the rule is there.  If you choose to bump and the player gets injured your in trouble.  I don't think the panel had a choice.  Why didn't Viney tackle? He chose to bump.

It's the RULE THAT'S THE PROBLEM WP!!!

Have you seen the reply in real time

Would have been hard situation to lay successful tackle

As other has said - viney was within rights to expect the ball was going to bounce to him

Then only other real option was to not go ball

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:26 PM »
Well at least the tribunal got something right this evening

Game has forever changed with the Viney decision. That one is just so wrong

How could it get any worse/>?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »
Good

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »
Well done Emmet Dunnne.
The Melbourne game is a must win and so got rid of Viney and reinstated Lids in one evening! :clapping :clapping :clapping :bow :bow :bow

Did Emmett Dunne sit on the Viney Case?

If he did he should hang his head in shame, that was a terrible, pathetic decision

As for the cowardice shown by Joel Bowden and his cohorts at the MRP  :banghead :banghead

I don't agree with the rule but the rule is there.  If you choose to bump and the player gets injured your in trouble.  I don't think the panel had a choice.  Why didn't Viney tackle? He chose to bump.

It's the RULE THAT'S THE PROBLEM WP!!!

Agree the rule is in part the problem but...

In this case Viney did not line Jenkins up. He actually turned to ensure he didn't hit with the shoulder

The panel had a choice and they have chosen to ignore the vision in real time it would seem and concentrate on the frame by frame slow-mo.

And what difference does it make of he tackles? If the blokes jaw still gets broken what happens then? Oh that's right it's an accident? What happens if Viney gets injured as well? Do both players get suspended

I posted a few weeks back about the Douglas bump and said based on the rule as it stands Douglas was always in trouble because it was behind play and away from the contest

The Viney case is the opposite, in play, in a contest

A terrible decision that has taken away another piece of the fabric of the game IMv, sad day indeed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »
agree CUB,

its about 4 points.

the game is stuffed anyway regardless of this rule.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:19 AM »
l'm in  :o a Richmond player got away with being suspended  ;D Great News  :clapping

The Jack Viney decision is one of the worst in the history of the game. Its time everyone who enjoys our great game voices their opinion to the AFL or Local comps on what they want to see instead of letting the few who want our game to be more like soccer & have our players thrashing around on the ground wanting cheap free kicks cause mummy prefers that to the bump, biffs & brawls.  ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »

The Jack Viney decision is one of the worst in the history of the game.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio cops a week from the MRP
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »
Clearly if it did occur then it was with such force that Stokes barely flinched and was able to get involved in the melee and play out the rest of the game  ::).

I know this is an older post and the decision by MRP has changed but this is what you want from the MRP. They should be basing their decisions on the intent on what happened, not the result. Basing it purely on Stokes ability to play on is silly, it should be based on Deledios attempt to elbow Stokes (which the MRP has deemed wasn't intentional)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio cops a week from the MRP
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »
The MRP really have gone out of their way to get that footage.

I reckon Geelong made a complaint for sure. Effing country preppies

I'm sure they check what starts all melees

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2014, 03:16:53 AM »
Lids talking about the report ....

“As I was going through, I could hear Matty Stokes in my ear, yelling at me.

“I saw him coming at me, so I’ve put my arm up to fend him off, as you do.  You just put the forearm up because you’re not allowed to do anything else.

“I turned away and it slipped up off his shoulder, I think, and hit him in the chin.

“It looks like I’ve gone at him with a blatant elbow, which is something I’ve never done for 10 years (of AFL football), and never done it previous to that, even playing juniors.

“I’ve never been reported once in my entire football career, from the age of eight.

“I pride myself on not being a dirty player, and (I’m) a ball player . . .”

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-05-07/deledio-opens-up-on-report-drama