Author Topic: Deledio free to play / tribunal appeal successful [updated]  (Read 6540 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio can accept one game for striking Matthew Stokes.

Matt McDonough cleared contact Steve Johnson.Both players were attempting to take possession & action by McDonough was not a bumping action.

Matthew Stokes can accept one game for striking Steven Morris.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane

Edit: Tribunal downgraded the charge to reckless conduct so that's a just a reprimand. Lids is free to play against Melbourne.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:22:16 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio cops a week from the MRP
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »
Great!! :banghead

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
Would like to see footage
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Brett Deledio, Richmond, has been charged with a Level Three Striking Offence (225 demerit points, two-match sanction) for striking Matthew Stokes, Geelong Cats, during the second quarter of the Round Seven match between Richmond and the Geelong Cats, played at the MCG on Sunday May 4, 2014.

In summary, due to a six-year good record, his two-match sanction can be reduced to a one-game penalty with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Geelong Cats Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three Offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing six-year good record, reducing the penalty by 25 per cent 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 demerit points and a one-match sanction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact between the Geelong Cats’ Steve Johnson and Richmond’s Matt McDonough from the first quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Johnson and Richmond’s Bachar Houli had been contesting the ball on the wing area and the ball had come loose. Johnson had won front position over Houli when McDonough came in to contest the ball in a bid win to possession. A head clash occurred between McDonough and Johnson. It was the view of the panel that both players were attempting to take possession of the ball and the action by McDonough was not a bumping action as he tried to win the contest and that therefore the head clash was deemed accidental. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-05/mrp-full-statement-round-seven

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
Would like to see footage

X2........WTF!!!!!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 03:52:49 PM »
lol where's the footage AFL muppets? 2 weeks even haha

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »
No idea what incident they are talking about lol but welcome to the weekly MRP russian roulette  ::). It's a joke!

Lids has nothing to lose fighting the charge at the tribunal. If it's incidental contact in the wet conditions then fight it all the way to get off. Otherwise, at least aim to get the 'intentional' charge downgraded to 'reckless'. If successful, Lids would then only end up with a reprimand and be able to play against Melbourne.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
No idea what incident they are talking about lol but welcome to the weekly MRP russian roulette  ::). It's a joke!

Lids has nothing to lose fighting the charge at the tribunal. If it's incidental contact in the wet conditions then fight it all the way to get off. Otherwise, at least aim to get the 'intentional' charge downgraded to 'reckless'. If successful, Lids would then only end up with a reprimand and be able to play against Melbourne.

How do you know he has nothing to lose? and where's the footage? Don't tell me there isn't any footage lol

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
Must admit I can't remember seeing it on TV.  The TV stations usually love highlighting these things over and over and over again too. :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:19 PM »

How do you know he has nothing to lose? and where's the footage? Don't tell me there isn't any footage lol
Not taking the early plea won't cost him any more weeks. It's one week whether he takes the early plea or not. So he's got nothing to lose challenging this at the tribunal.

"... 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 demerit points and a one-match sanction."

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »

Not taking the early plea won't cost him any more weeks. It's one week whether he takes the early plea or not. So he's got nothing to lose challenging this at the tribunal.

"... 168.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 126.56 demerit points and a one-match sanction."

We'll then we'd be silly not challenge it. Won't get off because the map are *%#^ but

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »

This is the incident l mentioned to you during the game l 1st thought lids dropped the player with a perfect punch & then Newman was on top of the Geelong player very quickly. Then l thought maybe it was Newman & in the same incident Morris had Stokes

dwaino

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »
geez Louise

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 04:32:27 PM »

This is the incident l mentioned to you during the game l 1st thought lids dropped the player with a perfect punch & then Newman was on top of the Geelong player very quickly. Then l thought maybe it was Newman & in the same incident Morris had Stokes
I could be wrong but what I saw/remember in that incident was Taylor Hunt trash talking Lids (he was tagging Lids at that stage) after the goal and then Newy and I think Duncan came in and Newy dumped Duncan down on the ground. I don't remember Stokes being anywhere need Lids in that incident but I could be wrong.

Like everyone here I'm waiting for the footage of what Lids has allegedly done. Dermie on SEN just before said Lids was very lucky to get just a week but didn't mention or elaborate what actually happened.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »

Bullwackers