Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 9, 2014  (Read 8259 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 9, 2014
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 07:12:32 PM »
I really have no interest in this game or who wins it. This is a dead scrubber and 4 points is all that's on offer. Maybe a look at Lennon would be good and it would of been a smart decision to elevate and play Miles too.....but that won't happen.... :-\

We have blown the big games and the games we should have won, until we win the next two and then best some decent teams I won't be taking too much out of a win......IF WE WIN?????????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
ok then

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »
I really have no interest in this game or who wins it. This is a dead scrubber and 4 points is all that's on offer. Maybe a look at Lennon would be good and it would of been a smart decision to elevate and play Miles too.....but that won't happen.... :-\

We have blown the big games and the games we should have won, until we win the next two and then best some decent teams I won't be taking too much out of a win......IF WE WIN?????????

Worth more than just the four points to the club now WAT.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:37 PM »
Dangerous to try and make this game into more than what it is I think.

Games of football will come and go and are nothing more than that, trying to attach a result to a reflection of someones life is folly.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Dangerous to try and make this game into more than what it is I think.

Games of football will come and go and are nothing more than that, trying to attach a result to a reflection of someones life is folly.
Well said.
Often teams lose matches like this because of the emotion involved makes them forget about the task at hand.  The team strategies and defensive goals are quickly overrun by energy being wasted on emotion.
Just like an army unit.  There is a job to do, so you go in and do it to plan.  Emotions are just distracting and often cause problems in combat scenes.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:08 PM »

Yep. Very important game

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »

indeed
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 03:20:33 AM »
MCG website is saying they are expecting a crowd of 45k.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Event: AFL Round 9
Teams: Richmond v Melbourne
Date: Saturday May 17
Start time: 1.40pm

Gates open: 11.30am

Expected attendance: 45,000

Car parking - Yarra Park:

There will be a partial closure of Yarra Park for this match while landscape works take place throughout the park. Car parking capacity will be reduced by half.

The MCC strongly recommends that patrons utilise public transport to avoid disappointment. Designated areas will be set aside to cater for patrons with disabled parking permits.

Gate 3: CLOSED
Gate 5: 9.00am
Gate 6: 10.00am
Gate 7: 8.00am (passholders only)

Note: AFL Playground will also be closed for this event.

General admission seating:

Great Southern Stand
M1-M8
Q1-Q15

Olympic Stand
Q49-Q57

Ponsford Stand
Q29-Q36

Cheersquad allocation:
Richmond - Bays M3 (Rows A-K) and M4 (Rows A-K)
Melbourne - Bay M33 (Row A-S)

Tickets: Reserved seats on sale at Ticketek.

Seating plan - Category B

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=b59385c0-f6e5-4df3-ae57-c6edac28b528

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2014, 03:21:28 AM »
Parking advice for Tigers-Demons clash
MCG website
May 13, 2014

Cars parking in Yarra Park.Football patrons and MCG Rite of Passage attendees are advised of a partial closure of Yarra Park for vehicle parking at the Richmond v Melbourne match on Saturday due to maintenance works in the park.

Car parking capacity will be reduced by half  and access will only be through Gate 5 or 6 (via Punt Road). Car park Gate 3 on Wellington Parade South will be closed for this match.

The MCC strongly recommends that patrons utilise public transport to avoid disappointment.

Designated areas will be set aside in Yarra Park to cater for patrons with disabled parking permits.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

http://www.mcg.org.au/News/News/2014/May/Yarra%20Park%20works.aspx

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 09:59:31 AM »
Need to win every quarter to have a chance
Or we can have a huge quarter that outscores the other three quarters the Demons outscore us... :rollin

Yeh but the the chicken littles start harking up

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2014, 01:42:26 PM »
Every time the tigers play they close the car park. Ffs do it when hawthorn play
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2014, 08:48:11 PM »
How did Melbourne beat us in the preseason? I think it was through applying more pressure, winning the stoppages, forcing the turn over and then retaining the football. Realistically they more more willing to put in the effort than we were. Melbourne always seem to match up well against us. They always believe they can beat us if they fight out the game. If we are to win this game we have to approach it like we are playing a top 4 team and force our focus to the 1% and pressure acts first and hard running link play second. This is how we can beat any side in the comp

They won't play the proper season game like a pre-season game. They will go all out to smash the Demons come Saturday.
They have been told leave nothing out there on that field

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »
How did Melbourne beat us in the preseason? I think it was through applying more pressure, winning the stoppages, forcing the turn over and then retaining the football. Realistically they more more willing to put in the effort than we were. Melbourne always seem to match up well against us. They always believe they can beat us if they fight out the game. If we are to win this game we have to approach it like we are playing a top 4 team and force our focus to the 1% and pressure acts first and hard running link play second. This is how we can beat any side in the comp

They won't play the proper season game like a pre-season game. They will go all out to smash the Demons come Saturday.
They have been told leave nothing out there on that field

I hope so
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »
Preview: Richmond v Melbourne
Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
May 14, 2014

WITH its season fast slipping away, Richmond is desperate for a win, and it will have added incentive as the club honours legendary coach Tom Hafey, who passed away on Monday. With four losses from their last five games, the Tigers need to find the formula that took them to September last season. Nobody is expecting Melbourne to play finals this year, but the Demons have impressed with gritty performances over the past fortnight. They pushed the Western Bulldogs in round eight but eventually fell 16 points short.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Saturday May 17, 1.40pm 

LAST FIVE TIMES
R8, 2013, Richmond 15.16 (106) d Melbourne 11.6 (72) at the MCG
R15, 2012, Richmond 13.23 (101) d Melbourne 11.12 (78) at the MCG
R3, 2012, Richmond 20.13 (133) d Melbourne 11.8 (74) at the MCG
R22, 2011, Richmond 17.15 (117) d Melbourne 17.8 (110) at the MCG
R14, 2011, Melbourne 17.16 (118) d Richmond 13.13 (91) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS

1. When the Tigers comfortably defeated the Demons in 2013 they had 105 more disposals, 50 more marks, 14 more scoring shots and 19 more inside 50s.

2. The Tigers and Demons are equal 11th for contested marks this season with 59 each - an average of 8.4 for Richmond in seven games and 7.4 for Melbourne in eight games.

3. Richmond’s biggest win over Melbourne is 93 points in 1980 at the MCG while the Demons greatest win over the Tigers is 121 points in 1993 at the MCG.

4. With the recent return to the side of Mark Jamar, Melbourne has risen to fourth in hit-outs with 45.1 per game. In three games Jamar has averaged 42 per game.

5. This will be the 185th contest between Richmond and Melbourne, with the Tigers holding a clear advantage, 103-79. There have been three draws.

6. Nick Vlastuin is one of the few Tigers moving up in the Official AFL Player Ratings this season. The young Tiger has climbed from No.347 overall at the start of the season to No.297.

Prediction: Richmond by 20 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-14/preview-richmond-v-melbourne

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 09:52:07 AM »
70k will rock up imo
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH