Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 9, 2014  (Read 8260 times)

dwaino

Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 9, 2014
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
After listening to Grigg on Triple M last night I'm not convinced Hafey will be enough of a motivation. Most of these players didn't grow up with and bleeding for the Tigers like we did. Richmond are just their most recent employer. When asked about Hafey, Grigg said he had seen him around at a couple functions and he meant a lot to some of the older guys around the club (I interpreted that to mean blokes like Benny Gale). After that the convo turned into discussing how Grigg is the president of the social committee and the stupid crap they are going to get up to.

Before the game these blokes need the clip played to them asking that of they don't love the yellow and black then they should pee off to another club.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 01:01:15 PM »
Grigg couldn't care less about how the RFC is performing. He's just here for the 350k a year he's on
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 04:25:21 PM »
Melbourne co-captain Nathan Jones expects emotional Richmond in Round 9 clash, following death of Tiger great Tom Hafey
Herald-Sun
May 15, 2014 3:59PM

MELBOURNE co-captain Nathan Jones expects an emotion-charged Richmond side playing in memory of Tiger legend Tom Hafey on Saturday afternoon.

Drawing on his experience following the death of Demon great Jim Stynes in 2012, Jones said the Tigers would need to focus on balancing their emotions.

“Obviously with Jimmy passing away it was a pretty emotional week for the footy club and I guess the tough task is to balance that and not let it absorb too much of the playing group, so they can still perform on the weekend,” Jones said this morning.

“That’s one of the hardest things to do, it’s an individual thing and how the death of someone affects the individual. It’s almost out of the control of the footy club.

“It will be a great opportunity this weekend to honour him (Hafey) and obviously Richmond will be paying pretty significant tribute and it will be a pretty exciting game, I’m sure they will be pumped up and wanting to perform.”

Richmond has won the last four premiership season encounters between the two clubs, however the Demons will take confidence from their pre-season NAB Challenge win and Jones hinted the Tigers were vulnerable.

“We are well aware that they are probably not on top of their game, but they have some really key players. Obviously their forward line is set up and they are pretty strong through the midfield as well and they’ve got some really good ball users off half-back,” he said.

“We are going to have to come with our best game and that really competitive edge and that real tackling mentality that we’ve tried to bring in the first six or eight rounds.”

Umpires played a pivotal role in the AFL this weekend with a series of questionable decisions playing a big role in the round's results

A contentious free-kick paid against Demon defender Lynden Dunn was the major talking point from the club’s 16-point loss to the Western Bulldogs, with coach Paul Ross admitting unsure why the decision was paid.

Jones refused to blame the loss on a single free kick, however he conceded players were confused by “grey area” with particular rules causing players to enter contests with “trepidation”.

“They pay what they see. My opinion is probably similar to Roosy, I didn’t think the free kick was there, but the umpires made the call on the night and that’s what they saw …”

“I don’t think that influenced the result, there was other opportunities in the first three quarters where we cost ourselves the game …”

Jones said Dean Terlich (concussion) and James Frawley (hamstring) were progressing well but would need to get through training to be selected.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-cocaptain-nathan-jones-expects-emotional-richmond-in-round-9-clash-following-death-of-tiger-great-tom-hafey/story-fndv8pdq-1226918884260

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »
Jimmy?  :banghead
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 06:26:24 PM »

He's talking about the comparison to them playing after JIMMY Stynes died.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »
Yes Richmond, massive game, centre stage, playing for a ledgend of the game, a true tough 100% Tiger, the best coach we have had....

Oh me, oh my, watch us blow it.... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »

He's talking about the comparison to them playing after JIMMY Stynes died.

So he is, carry on.

It is a News Ltd article so wouldn't have surprised.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »
Barret's sliding doors article for Round 9...

Richmond

IF ........... you're going to wear black arm bands this weekend...

THEN ..... don't be token about it and be 100 per cent committed to the reasons why. Tommy deserves that.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-16/sliding-doors-round-nine#sthash.ltxFti7Z.dpuf

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2014, 05:36:36 AM »
Barret's sliding doors article for Round 9...

Richmond

IF ........... you're going to wear black arm bands this weekend...

THEN ..... don't be token about it and be 100 per cent committed to the reasons why. Tommy deserves that.

Patronising little prick
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »
After listening to Grigg on Triple M last night I'm not convinced Hafey will be enough of a motivation. Most of these players didn't grow up with and bleeding for the Tigers like we did. Richmond are just their most recent employer. When asked about Hafey, Grigg said he had seen him around at a couple functions and he meant a lot to some of the older guys around the club (I interpreted that to mean blokes like Benny Gale). After that the convo turned into discussing how Grigg is the president of the social committee and the stupid crap they are going to get up to.

Before the game these blokes need the clip played to them asking that of they don't love the yellow and black then they should pee off to another club.

:chuck

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2014, 09:13:36 AM »
There will be no excuses today. You wear that jumper with pride & play your guts out.

:gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
NO LATE CHANGES

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Richmond: Shane Edwards, Dan Jackson, Nathan Foley
Substitute: Ben Lennon

Melbourne: Christian Salem, Aidan Riley, Dean Terlich