Author Topic: Who will make All-Australian Selection  (Read 1024 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Who will make All-Australian Selection
« on: July 12, 2005, 04:56:02 PM »
Do you think that we have any players that have a chance of making it on to the All Australian side this year. I think that Gaspar and Tuck are strong chances of recieving All Australian Selection. And i reckon that if Newman continues his good form, he could have an outside chance as well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Who will make All-Australian Selection
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »
Rutten of the Crows and Glass of the Eagles would be challenging Gas for the FB possie IMV. The media (Mike Sheahan & co) on the radio keep praising Hudgeton but I'm not sure why. Gas had a bit of a downer just before the break which could cost him but maybe shutting out Barry Hall the week before could put him back into the spotlight.

I'd reckon Richo will score a spot on the bench as the second FF behind Gehrig. If Gehrig's hand injury flares up and causes him to miss games then Richo would be AA FF and win the Colemen.

I don't think any of our midfielders will get a gig. Eagles, Crows, Adam Simpson (and Lions if they get a run on) would get ahead of our boys.

Kellaway migth have been a smokey if he hadn't copped a broken jaw. Bowden could be another smokey but guys like Clement, Gilbee, etc might push him out.

Browny would have been a shoe in for AA :(. He could have even pinched a Coleman as the goals have dried up for Mark Williams.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 06:15:57 PM »
too early to call, if we finish 4th, and richo kicks another 30+ goals he will be in 4 sure!
and if tuck finishes the yr in a bang  he will make it somewhere also. but if we slide from here we will be lucky to have anyone.  also i believe bowden deserves a spot in defence as a rebounding sweeping backman, cornes made it last yr and according to stats , joel rebounded more than he did and this yr i beleive he has been gr8

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 08:50:21 PM »
Richo, Gasper and Tuck are the three players who could show up in it.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 07:57:57 AM »
Richo winning the Coleman is highly unlikely.  Richo kicking another 30 goals is also unlikely.  Judging by our last game, we are less Richo conscious and sharing the goals around more.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 04:37:02 PM »
  Judging by our last game, we are less Richo conscious and sharing the goals around more.

That was the most pleasing thing to come from the game. Plus Richo was very unselfish on the weekend. He could have had at least 5 instead of the 2 he ended up with..
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 11:40:02 AM »
At the moment I don't think we really have anyone who is a clear AA player but the selectors usually favour teams that finish high up the ladder so if we can manage that we'd be pretty sure to jag a couple spots.

Richo and Gaspar are probably the best bets.

Tuck and Coughlan outside chances.