Author Topic: Jeremy Cameron?  (Read 5639 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jeremy Cameron?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »
I want..
But at what cost? Contracted till end of next season and media talking him up like hes worth a mil a season?  :-\
Potentially he is. That's a chance someone will take and it will pay off IMO.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 10:00:05 PM »
no thanks, Blood our own players fresh from draft

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »
How has that been going for us?
Our drafting is putrid and our development not much better.
I guess if we all cross our fingers that might help  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
Cameron is a bit of a one trick pony that most teams have worked out how to stop. Doesn't respond well to close marking and double teaming.

Our money is better spent elsewhere

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »
Cameron is a bit of a one trick pony that most teams have worked out how to stop. Doesn't respond well to close marking and double teaming.

He doesn't respond well to "double teaming"  :lol
Who does? Isn't he still about 20 years old?
"One trick pony".. He is anything but.
Not having the greatest season to date but almost won a Coleman Medal last year in his second season.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »

cause no-one that we had down there the last 30 years knew how to work with young footballers & take them to the next levels. now if we had some good assistant coaches & a good head coach like we got now. then l see progress in players like Griffiths, Vlossy, Conca, Ellis, Morris, Lennon,  Martin, Cotchin, Deledio, Rewoldt, Rance, Grimes, Astbury, you saying they aint some we blooded including ones l missed 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 10:28:07 PM »

Not having the greatest season to date but almost won a Coleman Medal last year in his second season.
if our development is not much better than putrid what's the point in paying a 20 year old big money, as we will only stuff him up as a player?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:58 PM »

cause no-one that we had down there the last 30 years knew how to work with young footballers & take them to the next levels. now if we had some good assistant coaches & a good head coach like we got now. then l see progress in players like Griffiths, Vlossy, Conca, Ellis, Morris, Lennon,  Martin, Cotchin, Deledio, Rewoldt, Rance, Grimes, Astbury, you saying they aint some we blooded including ones l missed
Let's be honest here- the only decent players out of that group are first round draft picks- Vlossy, Conca, Ellis, Lennon, Martin, Cotch, Lids, Rewoldt, Rance,
These blokes are going to play good footy wherever they get drafted. Don't kid yourself. I wouldn't give Richmond to much credit for their development.
The others, Griffiths, Morris, Grimes and Astbury are hardly A graders. It's taken Griff and Astbury 4 years to break into the team on a regular basis.
Where is the development of the other 20 odd blokes we drafted with those first rounders??
Even the good sides with great culture need help with getting their list competitive by recruiting stars in. Look at Sydney in the last two years- two bloody stars recruited in.
It's time to keep up Richmond, you are getting left behind. Preying and hoping ain't going to get it done.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:00:22 PM by big tone »

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 10:42:51 PM »

if our development is not much better than putrid what's the point in paying a 20 year old big money, as we will only stuff him up as a player?
What?
Good players are good players. They will develop wherever they are. It's natural to them.
Development is for players that are not stars when they are drafted.
Do you give Richmond credit for the development of Cotch, Lids and Martin? They would be stars if they were drafted anywhere.
It's one thing to not want Cameron but to say he is a one trick pony at age 20 and he is no good when he is  double teamed is stupid.

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 11:11:19 PM »
I want..
But at what cost? Contracted till end of next season and media talking him up like hes worth a mil a season?  :-\
Potentially he is. That's a chance someone will take and it will pay off IMO.

Hes worth it for mine, you build teams around players like him. Given he loves to roam, Jack playing deep and Cameron roaming just fits perfectly for mine. Then you don't have to give 2 poos about whether a Griff or TV will finally 'fingers crossed, please I beg you' step up.

our 1st round pick and TV or Griff for Cameron. They'd laugh at that though unless TV starts showing something in the ruck

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 05:02:10 AM »
Fits the bits fish

Doesn't have to play vs rance

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 09:11:28 AM »

Let's be honest here- the only decent players out of that group are first round draft picks- Vlossy, Conca, Ellis, Lennon, Martin, Cotch, Lids, Rewoldt, Rance,
These blokes are going to play good footy wherever they get drafted. Don't kid yourself. I wouldn't give Richmond to much credit for their development.
The others, Griffiths, Morris, Grimes and Astbury are hardly A graders. It's taken Griff and Astbury 4 years to break into the team on a regular basis.
Where is the development of the other 20 odd blokes we drafted with those first rounders??
Even the good sides with great culture need help with getting their list competitive by recruiting stars in. Look at Sydney in the last two years- two bloody stars recruited in.
It's time to keep up Richmond, you are getting left behind. Preying and hoping ain't going to get it done.
[/quote
Take the blinkers off Tone. How about Madonna, Grimes and Dea from last week? Two picks in the 40's and a PSD? Astbury not an A grader? Our best defender with some big scalps this year until he went down.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »

What?
Good players are good players. They will develop wherever they are. It's natural to them.
Development is for players that are not stars when they are drafted.
Do you give Richmond credit for the development of Cotch, Lids and Martin? They would be stars if they were drafted anywhere.
It's one thing to not want Cameron but to say he is a one trick pony at age 20 and he is no good when he is  double teamed is stupid.

I did not mention anything about being a one trick pony or when double teamed

On one hand you tell us that our drafting and development is putrid, so therefore we should trade for a first round draft pick that still needs developing, rather than go through the draft and develop our own.  Whats the point of that if we cant develop?

but you then go on to say that a good player will become a good player regardless of development and then list 9 of our first round draft picks from recent times that are good players

So unless you believe we could get cameron without giving up a first round draft pick, you a chasing your tail.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
We should have the money, chase a big fish for once tigers and show me you're serious like you ask of me over and over again!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
Dud. Delist (from GWS).  Then come to where all the other duds are.... :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.