Author Topic: Jeremy Cameron?  (Read 5632 times)

Gigantor

Re: Jeremy Cameron?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
AS always when these things pop up....the good folk at princess park might be interested

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2014, 08:28:05 PM »
Reckon Carlton are in Boyd's ear.....made it clear in every interview before and even just after the draft that he supported them.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
Mad tiger has to get dumb foty for that post seriously man....?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »
I would have Cameron at the club in a heartbeat!

Me too. Jack and he in the fwd 50? Yes please.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
Reckon Carlton are in Boyd's ear.....made it clear in every interview before and even just after the draft that he supported them.
they don't have any cap space
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
How does everyone always have cap space bar us ffs

tony_montana

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »

Bc they arent afraid to cut players loose and make adjustments on the run to squeeze them in.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2014, 01:49:33 PM »

Bc they arent afraid to cut players loose and make adjustments on the run to squeeze them in.
Spot on  :clapping

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »

In other words, most other clubs actually have competent list managers.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »

We are talking about Carlton here...

- Thomas Sowell

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »

We are talking about Carlton here...
What's a cap?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2014, 03:12:13 PM »
Cameron is a bit of a one trick pony that most teams have worked out how to stop. Doesn't respond well to close marking and double teaming.

Our money is better spent elsewhere
He doesn't respond well to "double teaming"  :lol
Who does? Isn't he still about 20 years old?
"One trick pony".. He is anything but.
Not having the greatest season to date but almost won a Coleman Medal last year in his second season.
if our development is not much better than putrid what's the point in paying a 20 year old big money, as we will only stuff him up as a player?
What?
Good players are good players. They will develop wherever they are. It's natural to them.
Development is for players that are not stars when they are drafted.
Do you give Richmond credit for the development of Cotch, Lids and Martin? They would be stars if they were drafted anywhere.
It's one thing to not want Cameron but to say he is a one trick pony at age 20 and he is no good when he is  double teamed is stupid.

I did not mention anything about being a one trick pony or when double teamed

On one hand you tell us that our drafting and development is putrid, so therefore we should trade for a first round draft pick that still needs developing, rather than go through the draft and develop our own.  Whats the point of that if we cant develop?

but you then go on to say that a good player will become a good player regardless of development and then list 9 of our first round draft picks from recent times that are good players

So unless you believe we could get cameron without giving up a first round draft pick, you a chasing your tail.

That was me al so I have no idea why the Big Toaster pinned it on you.

BT, to get Cameron out of the game all you have to do is rough him up a bit and he goes missing. Not sure how many games you have seen Cameron play live but I have seen plenty and I can tell you, that last year most clubs gave him too much time and space and allowed him to play his natural game.  This year, opposition teams are right on him and giving him no room to move.

He is very good overhead and judges the flight of the footy really well, but he struggles to get right into heavily contested marking situations unless he can either get a clean leap from behind or wait for scraps off the back of the pack. Last year GWS were kicking over his head whenever possible so he could use his speed in one on one sprints towards the goals which in most cases he won. Drop an extra man back and it kills this type of tactic. Cameron hasn't kicked many goals this way if any this year but last year about 30% of his goals came using this tactic.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »
Cameron is a bit of a one trick pony that most teams have worked out how to stop. Doesn't respond well to close marking and double teaming.

Our money is better spent elsewhere
He doesn't respond well to "double teaming"  :lol
Who does? Isn't he still about 20 years old?
"One trick pony".. He is anything but.
Not having the greatest season to date but almost won a Coleman Medal last year in his second season.
if our development is not much better than putrid what's the point in paying a 20 year old big money, as we will only stuff him up as a player?
What?
Good players are good players. They will develop wherever they are. It's natural to them.
Development is for players that are not stars when they are drafted.
Do you give Richmond credit for the development of Cotch, Lids and Martin? They would be stars if they were drafted anywhere.
It's one thing to not want Cameron but to say he is a one trick pony at age 20 and he is no good when he is  double teamed is stupid.

I did not mention anything about being a one trick pony or when double teamed

On one hand you tell us that our drafting and development is putrid, so therefore we should trade for a first round draft pick that still needs developing, rather than go through the draft and develop our own.  Whats the point of that if we cant develop?

but you then go on to say that a good player will become a good player regardless of development and then list 9 of our first round draft picks from recent times that are good players

So unless you believe we could get cameron without giving up a first round draft pick, you a chasing your tail.

That was me al so I have no idea why the Big Toaster pinned it on you.

BT, to get Cameron out of the game all you have to do is rough him up a bit and he goes missing. Not sure how many games you have seen Cameron play live but I have seen plenty and I can tell you, that last year most clubs gave him too much time and space and allowed him to play his natural game.  This year, opposition teams are right on him and giving him no room to move.

He is very good overhead and judges the flight of the footy really well, but he struggles to get right into heavily contested marking situations unless he can either get a clean leap from behind or wait for scraps off the back of the pack. Last year GWS were kicking over his head whenever possible so he could use his speed in one on one sprints towards the goals which in most cases he won. Drop an extra man back and it kills this type of tactic. Cameron hasn't kicked many goals this way if any this year but last year about 30% of his goals came using this tactic.
My apologies Al, I thought you were going mad when I read you didn't say that Cameron was a one trick pony. It's tiga that has gone mad!!  :lol :thumbsup
On Cameron, I haven't seen him live much as I go to watch Richmond play most weeks. But I have seen him on TV a fair bit due to watching a friends brother who plays for them. I know it's only an opinion but I think he is a star in the making. And it seems most in the media who have played the game think the same thing. Some even comparing him to The King Wayne Carey who could play a bit. Also saying a 20 year old KPF isn't great when double teamed is a touch hard on the kid. He will get stronger and more experienced and be able to compete a little better for a little longer.
Would love him a Tigerland but I know it won't happen.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2014, 06:37:06 PM »
We need a KPF who isn't shy in unleashing a torp 70m out.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
We need a KPF who isn't shy in unleashing a torp 70m out.

Griff can do that with a drop punt.....but we don't let him..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"