Author Topic: Tigers move on coach review  (Read 2760 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tigers move on coach review
« on: June 03, 2004, 01:07:04 AM »
By Stephen Rielly, Lyall Johnson
realfooty.theage.com.au
June 3, 2004

Richmond hopes to finalise within a fortnight the appointments to the football subcommittee that will sit in judgement of coach Danny Frawley.

Richmond president Clinton Casey and football director Greg Miller will sit on the committee and it is believed that four-time premiership coach David Parkin has agreed to assist.

Those three will oversee the first stage of the review, which will assess Frawley's five years at Punt Road Oval and establish what changes might be required within the football department.

It is also understood that at a meeting of the Richmond board on Tuesday night it was agreed that a second independent, or outside, voice should be seconded to the committee, with thought being given to Carlton premiership player and commentator Mark Maclure, who most recently worked with St Kilda's Grant Thomas.

Someone such as Maclure would be involved in a second stage to the review process, which will involve the appointment of a new coach or Frawley's re-appointment.

Richmond sources have indicated that it is the board's intention to have the composition of the committee settled by mid-June, so that conclusions of the first stage can be presented to the board next month and a decision made by August.

Richmond is still in the process of organising interviews with potential candidates for the chief executive's position vacated by Ian Campbell, but former Commonwealth Games head Leighton Wood is still believed to be a frontrunner.

It is believed the club has also organised a visit by the AFL general manager of finance and administration, Ian Anderson, to help it assess its financial position. The visit is considered routine and casual, rather than a formal consultation, and is not considered by the AFL to be a call for help by the club.

Meanwhile, star Tiger forward Matthew Richardson's one-finger gesture to West Coast supporters after the match in Perth last weekend has cost him a fine of more than $2000.

The club has fined Richardson under the AFL Players Association code of conduct but football manager Greg Hutchison said yesterday he preferred not to divulge the penalty.

"Matthew has been fined and I have notified both him and the players' association but I would prefer not to say the amount," Hutchison said. "Well, it is a second offence so one can assume it is more than last time."

Richardson was fined $2000 last year after retaliating with a finger gesture to a Collingwood supporter during the side's round-16 thumping by the Magpies at the MCG.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/06/02/1086058917198.html?oneclick=true
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

Re: Tigers move on coach review
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 09:17:37 AM »
Not matter what process or reviews that they will undertake, Terry Wallace will coach us in 2005. Just you wait and see ! ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 09:31:40 AM »
Not matter what process or reviews that they will undertake, Terry Wallace will coach us in 2005. Just you wait and see ! ;)

I have the same feeling Jackstar but................

Can we really afford him? He'd want a 3-4 year deal @ $450-500K a year wouldn't he?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 09:46:59 AM »
I reckon the Nathan Brown deal was done on the proviso that the coach would change in 2005 ??  Everybody knows that Terry and Nathan are extremely close and I mean extremely.
RFC have stated they are after an experience coach and will not go down the same path of appointing a novice again.
I dont think Rocket Eade lends himself to Richmond and Wallace has some outstanding qualities in him that he had the Western Bulldogs playing right up to there abilty.
I can think of anyone else, can you ?
I beleive if we are fiar dinkum , that the following be looked at as well. Obvisously all coaches will get the flick but I feel that Greg Hutchinson needs to be moved on as well. I really cant undertsand his role and I think his actions and words are made to justify his position, like commenting about Matty Richardson to the media etc, something that could of been handled in house.
I dont believe he is user friendly either. Ian Campbell wasnt user friendly and we cant afford to have personal around a club who are like this.
We need the club working as a team, not individuals going on the own path to highlight and futher there careers.