Author Topic: Hardwick on 3aw - 01/06/2014  (Read 2669 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Hardwick on 3aw - 01/06/2014
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
Freemason
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »
Richmond are annoying in general

But hard wicks verbal crap over the top of iT is unbearable.  :banghead

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
Said again we have our best talent playing at the moment they just arent playing well.

Please give me break

seriously, how the hell do we know? Got a number of blokes who are playing good footy in the VFL but are not getting opportunities. So how the hell do we know :banghead
He just does. FFS  :banghead

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
Freemason

daisy chain gang of businessmen  ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »
Oh look....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Gigantor

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 02:11:05 PM »
Must admit didn't find the interview as re assuring..he came across to me anyway as not knowing whats going on or how to fix it

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
Must admit didn't find the interview as re assuring..he came across to me anyway as not knowing whats going on or how to fix it
That's because he is clueless.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
Sounded completely defeated, needs to move on, if he sounds demotivated how the hell can he motivate the players to win..???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 03:10:21 PM »
Summary

* The post-match spray was a bit of both emotion and feeling there was a need for one after that performance.

* To lose contested possession is one thing but to lose tackles as well says workrate which is disappointing. It was mindset. We knew Essendon would chip it around their backline but we didn't put any pressure on them. When it's an workrate issue it's intolerable. We need to go back and work even harder.

* Midweek meeting - out of it came feedback that we needed to get tougher on certain individuals. (Same meeting that said Cotch had to get tougher as captain).

* We do bi-monthly reviews looking at the now and the future. The side in general is underperforming well below what it can do. We've got to address that.

* Caro asked Dimma what footy was about to him? Dimma replied winning games and we aren't do that.

* Sides are rolling back more now. More goals from transition from the back half to the forward half. We don't control our ball movement out of our back half. This year our disposals efficiency is down and it's hurting us in the back half when last year we didn't have to worry about our defence.

* We had even numbers at the contest but the Bombers nutted us in the contests and got it going forward their way. When you can't get your hands on the ball, you can't control it and you look like you are continually chasing tail which is what happened last night.

* There has to be changes - Miles got 35 possies in th VFL and there'll be others we'll look at.

* Struggling to create goals at ground level. Those snap goals that Howlett got for them. Shane Edwards can kick those snap goals but he missed a couple last night. We don't have King this year who has played that small forward role with him being injured this year.

* Something has happened from the end of last year to the start of this year. It's something we need to find out why. We've been poor around the contests this year which use to be a strength of ours. Maric as our top 3 contested player has been out but we've been poor anyway. We look at various areas that are down and we seem to go from one area to the next to next to the next at the moment. We can't get our gameplan going across a number of areas.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »
Summary

* The post-match spray was a bit of both emotion and feeling there was a need for one after that performance.

* To lose contested possession is one thing but to lose tackles as well says workrate which is disappointing. It was mindset. We knew Essendon would chip it around their backline but we didn't put any pressure on them. When it's an workrate issue it's intolerable. We need to go back and work even harder.

* Midweek meeting - out of it came feedback that we needed to get tougher on certain individuals. (Same meeting that said Cotch had to get tougher as captain).

* We do bi-monthly reviews looking at the now and the future. The side in general is underperforming well below what it can do. We've got to address that.

* Caro asked Dimma what footy was about to him? Dimma replied winning games and we aren't do that.

* Sides are rolling back more now. More goals from transition from the back half to the forward half. We don't control our ball movement out of our back half. This year our disposals efficiency is down and it's hurting us in the back half when last year we didn't have to worry about our defence.

* We had even numbers at the contest but the Bombers nutted us in the contests and got it going forward their way. When you can't get your hands on the ball, you can't control it and you look like you are continually chasing tail which is what happened last night.

* There has to be changes - Miles got 35 possies in th VFL and there'll be others we'll look at.

* Struggling to create goals at ground level. Those snap goals that Howlett got for them. Shane Edwards can kick those snap goals but he missed a couple last night. We don't have King this year who has played that small forward role with him being injured this year.

* Something has happened from the end of last year to the start of this year. It's something we need to find out why. We've been poor around the contests this year which use to be a strength of ours. Maric as our top 3 contested player has been out but we've been poor anyway. We look at various areas that are down and we seem to go from one area to the next to next to the next at the moment. We can't get our gameplan going across a number of areas.

It's Tigeritis ™©®.

Fix the culture first ya moron. That's what you were supposed to do & that's what you told us you were going to do. You lied, you didn't address the issues and now its rearing its ugly head.
It's a disease, it will kill your career like it has every other coach with a dream to make us successful again. It has ruined the potential careers of many many potentially good players that went backwards when recruited by us & became duds.
You didn't fix it and its killing us all over again. idiot

FIX THE CULTURE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »
Danny had cherry ripes. I ate so many between 2002-04 I became a diabetic.

Terry had us locked and loaded. Many screamed for gun reform and got it after round 1 2009.

Dimma has KPI'S contested footy and an inability to have the gonads to drop players who aren't performing.

To me that's de ja vu and the club should be held accountable from top to toe.

The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop.©

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
Actually driving home last night Wallace made an interesting point about is and I have to say he was spot on the money

He said that with bringing in these recycled players we have not focused on developing our kids and that is probably to the detriment of overall side

With that in mind it makes this ridiculous statement about our best 22-27  talent wise being out on the ground all the more annoying

Seriously, how the hell would me know?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »
I reckon we are a club a few coaches would want to coach. We were at absolute rock bottom when Wallace was sacked. Had a 5 year plan. Had a stack of draft picks and blew the majority of them and were stuffed after the 5 years.

We have some raw youngesters that need some better education to make them better footballers and improve our team. If Hardwick can't see that then he's an idiot and doesn't deserve to coach such a big club. Go and coach Brisbane, North or Saints if you want a stupid boys club. RFC are a powerhouse and deserve better.

Having players like, Martin, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Lids, Conca, Rance, Maric, Ellis, Lennon, McDonough, Astbury and a few others are a genuine core of players that if done correctly can be built into a really good list for the next 8-12 years. We should never have topped up but instead continued with our development and even look to bump up some draft picks with trading some players with currency. We did it early on with Hardwicks career with Graham, Tambling, Schultz etc but he threw all of that out by drafted in players with the same amount of talent as those B Graders thus making the list turn over pointless.

Need to over haul the list a fair bit again and keep our core and try and bump up some draft picks by trading some B Graders out to some clubs that are stupid enough to take them.

Edwards, Houli, Grigg, Chaplin, Vickery, Jackson all should be shopped around to possibly upgrade a 2nd rounder in some way. There are a few more examples.

The year is shot but there is still a decent core there, if added to with genuine quality not rubbish recycled compost, if confident and with a decent game plan will be successful.
Go Tigers!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
Plop Plop Plop™
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »
Plop Plop Plop™

Whilst agreeing to your sentiments on this topic

Any replication of my quote or parts of it needs my strict approval Phil and cannot be claimed as their own.
Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated. No TM's C or any other symbols pertaining to ownership of full or part of copyright messages thereof. :thumbsup

The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop.©