Author Topic: 2015 Playing List  (Read 3870 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
2015 Playing List
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
Understand some won't happen (Hampson/Foley) because of contract but this should be our playing list next year.
It's pretty common sense actually...

No. 1 – Chris Newman
No. 2 – Dylan Grimes
No. 3 – Brett Deledio
No. 4 – Dustin Martin
No. 5 – Brandon Ellis

No. 6 – Shaun Grigg (Trade to upgrade a 3rd rounder to a high 2nd rounder)
No. 7 – Matt Dea
No. 8 – Jack Riewoldt
No. 9 – Trent Cotchin

No. 10 – Shane Edwards (Trade to upgrade a 3rd rounder to a high 2nd rounder)
No. 11 – Jake Batchelor
No. 12 – David Astbury

No. 13 – Ricky Petterd
No. 14 – Bachar Houli
No. 15 – Chris Knights
No. 16 – Shaun Hampson

No. 18 – Alex Rance
No. 19 – Matt Thomas
No. 20 – Ivan Maric
No. 22 – Todd Banfield
No. 23 – Daniel Jackson
No. 24 – Ben Griffiths (Trade to upgrade a 3rd rounder to a high 2nd rounder)
No. 25 – Troy Chaplin (Trade to upgrade a 3rd rounder to a high 2nd rounder)
No. 26 – Anthony Miles

No. 27 – Aaron Edwards
No. 28 – Jake King

No. 29 – Tyrone Vickery (Trade to upgrade a 2nd rounder to a mid 1st rounder)
No. 30 – Reece Conca
No. 31 – Nick Vlastuin

No. 32 – Brad Helbig
No. 33 – Kamdyn McIntosh
No. 34 – Liam McBean
No. 35 – Ben Lennon
No. 36 – Matthew McDonough

No. 37 – Orren Stephenson
No. 38 – Steven Morris
No. 39 – Nathan Gordon
No. 40 – Cadeyn Williams

No. 41 – Nathan Foley
No. 42 – Sam Lloyd
No. 43 – Todd Elton
No. 44 – Matt Arnot
No. 45 – Brett O’Hanlon

No. 48 – Ben Darrou
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

Re: 2015 Playing List
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »
Why bother Pope.

I get the feeling some of our 2015 list who aren't at the club now will be from other clubs.

Blair and Dimma together securing Richmond's apathy till our next finals window opens in 2023.

The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop.©

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 07:24:20 PM »
I dont know why your keeping Gordon and dumping Foley and Knights.  If Knights knee doesn't come good, sure dump him but if it does then I'd keep him.

Gordon did have his chances and got dropped cos he couldn't get the ball, I concede Foley may be past it, he is 29.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »
I would keep helbig

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »
Pettard and Banfield at VFL level are so far ahead of Mcintosh   batch and ohanlon at the moment. F W I W.

i kind of see an upside to helbig but its more of a gut feel than anything

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
I dont know why your keeping Gordon and dumping Foley and Knights.  If Knights knee doesn't come good, sure dump him but if it does then I'd keep him.

Gordon did have his chances and got dropped cos he couldn't get the ball, I concede Foley may be past it, he is 29.

I don't rate Gordon, but getting rid of a fit 25 year-old after one season to keep injury prone 29 & 30 year-olds way past their best would be downright idiotic and is exactly that kind of boneheaded list management that holds us back.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
Pettard and Banfield at VFL level are so far ahead of Mcintosh   batch and ohanlon at the moment. F W I W.

i kind of see an upside to helbig but its more of a gut feel than anything

Agree - Petterd's the one recycled hack I'd keep ....and I probably wouldn't pee off Banfumbles either, not without at least replacing his pace first.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »

I don't rate Gordon, but getting rid of a fit 25 year-old after one season to keep injury prone 29 & 30 year-olds way past their best would be downright idiotic and is exactly that kind of boneheaded list management that holds us back.

Gordon is on the cheap and Foley signed a 3 yr contract towards the end of last year and there you have it another boneheaded list management blunder that holds us back.

The RFC forever disappointing the fans since 1982. :thumbsup

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »

Gordon is on the cheap and Foley signed a 3 yr contract towards the end of last year and there you have it another boneheaded list management blunder that holds us back.

Actually, think we're also stuck with Knights for another year aren't we? FMD.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
The RFC, where every **%# gets 3 year contracts
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »
I wouldn't keep anyone who is above 26 years of age unless they are in our top 15 players.

Petterd, Edwards, Banfield etc were drafted for depth, yet our moronic coach says we will stick with our best 22 and wait till they perform.

When other clubs are unearthing players like Hartung, Langford, Langdon, Cameron, Shelton etc, all from deep into the draft or in the rookie drafts. While our rookie list is the AFL's superannuation plan...
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:57 PM »

Actually, think we're also stuck with Knights for another year aren't we? FMD.

You better believe it D. We are fornicated.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »

So you're saying it will happen?

the claw

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 12:47:36 AM »

if gordon is looked upon as a half fwd id keep 30yo  azza edwards in front of him. why keep less talented worse perfoming players just because they are a bit younger.
if given the opportunity over again to get chapman and it was a choice between him  or gordon id take  32 yr old chapman thanks.
iweather knights works out for us or not, im happy with us taking him and taking a punt that he would get an injury free run. the bloke can play and bloody didnt cost us pick 50 in the nd.

we used pick 50 on 24 yr old gordon when we most likely could have rookied him. that is where he should have been taken.
if you dont rate gordon and hes no good why hang onto him at all. cut the losses and move on.why treat him different to the better performed older players.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »

if gordon is looked upon as a half fwd id keep 30yo  azza edwards in front of him. why keep less talented worse perfoming players just because they are a bit younger.
if given the opportunity over again to get chapman and it was a choice between him  or gordon id take  32 yr old chapman thanks.
iweather knights works out for us or not, im happy with us taking him and taking a punt that he would get an injury free run. the bloke can play and bloody didnt cost us pick 50 in the nd.

we used pick 50 on 24 yr old gordon when we most likely could have rookied him. that is where he should have been taken.
if you dont rate gordon and hes no good why hang onto him at all. cut the losses and move on.why treat him different to the better performed older players.
Couldn't have said it better myself claw. :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.