Author Topic: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Etihad - Round 12, 2014  (Read 13116 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Etihad - Round 12, 2014
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:06 PM »
Moving onto this weekend ...

Preview: North Melbourne v Richmond
Nick Bowen   
afl.com.au
June 4, 2014 1:00 PM

THIS match-up looks a one-sided affair on paper, but the result will very much depend on which North Melbourne and which Richmond turns up. The Roos were very impressive in their win over West Coast last Sunday night, but have usually followed their big wins this season with losses, notably turning in a flat performance against Gold Coast after their round six trip to Perth. The Tigers were dismal in their 50-point loss to Essendon in the Dreamtime at the 'G game last Saturday night, so won't lack for motivation. There is also the suspicion they will regain their 2013 form at some stage this season. If they do this Sunday night, we're in for a great contest.

WHERE AND WHEN: Etihad Stadium, Sunday June 8, 7.10pm

LAST FIVE TIMES
R15, 2013, North Melbourne 19.14 (128) d Richmond 8.18 (66) at Etihad Stadium
R17, 2012, North Melbourne 15.13 (103) d Richmond 14.15 (99) at MCG
R24, 2011, North Melbourne 15.14 (104) d Richmond 13.13 (91) at Etihad Stadium
R5, 2011, Richmond 17.10 (112) d North Melbourne 14.19 (103) at Etihad Stadium
R16, 2010, North Melbourne 15.13 (103) d Richmond 7.11 (53) at MCG

Want to watch the game LIVE? Click here for your free trial of AFL Live Pass

THE SIX POINTS
1. North has a good record against Richmond at Etihad Stadium, having won seven of their 10 games there, with the Tigers' last win in 2011.

2. North has been impressive by foot this season, boasting a disposal efficiency of 73.2 per cent (ranked fourth in the competition). Richmond is ranked equal sixth with a disposal efficiency of 72.4 per cent.

3. Despite North's solid start to the season, it is ranked 17th in the AFL for marks inside 50, averaging 8.7 a game, while the struggling Tigers are ranked fifth with an average of 12.4 a game.

4. Only Melbourne has had fewer interchange rotations in 2014 with the Roos averaging 103 a game. By comparison, Richmond is averaging 114 rotations a game, ranked 14th in the AFL.

5. The biggest individual goal haul between the sides is 14, kicked by Richmond's Doug Strang in round two, 1931, at Punt Rd Oval, a tally that remains a club record.

6. When these teams last met in round 15 last year, North players dominated the scores in the Official AFL Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade. Brent Harvey (23.3 points), Robbie Tarrant (20.3), Andrew Swallow (17.6) and Levi Greenwood (17.1) were the game's leading scorers, with Matt White (now at Port Adelaide) the highest-scoring Tiger (16.1)

Prediction: North Melbourne by 11 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/preview-north-melbourne-v-richmond

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Etihad - Round 12, 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
That little prick Boomer is gonna tear us a new one the smug bastard. He's so arrogant especially towards Richmond
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:30:46 PM »
Must win game. :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:58:05 PM »
Must win game. :lol

Yeh 8 point game

Go the mighty tigers

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:37:46 PM »
That little prick Boomer is gonna tear us a new one the smug bastard. He's so arrogant especially towards Richmond

Then we will just have to have Jackson Chicken Wing him again  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »
Just saw on AFL360 Andrew Swallow 150th game.

Another milestone game for North against us.

We are fornicated. Hello big loss. :help

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 11:06:08 AM »
Just trying to find something ( anything) to make a case for Richmond and here it is.....

Last time North had a solid win over in Perth they were embarrassed the  following week.

That is all.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 01:34:03 PM »
I'm already depressed and embarrassed for our side soon to be performance

The usual suspects in Grigg, Houli, Hampson, Shed will have shockers

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
I just heard Scott's presser on sen, said he expects Richmond to come out breathing fire "which they've said publicly"

these teams must seriously laugh at our club behind closed doors

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
I just heard Scott's presser on sen, said he expects Richmond to come out breathing fire "which they've said publicly"

Weak as pee

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »

I would like to see how this breathing fire tatic goes....sounds unconventional .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

I would like to see how this breathing fire tatic goes....sounds unconventional .

Gene Simmons to be unveiled as our new full forward.

Knowing us though we'll send him to the game with blood capsules instead of the fire stick and he'll have to keep coming off.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 03:48:16 PM »
U know something?

I really hate this poo club, poo list(including some of our so called "elite" players) and poo coaches.
So much in fact that I have begun to hope they lose, so i can see the feigned dejection on their little, overpaid faces.
It's equally rewarding watch that idiot coach scramble for answers in his pressers.
Call me all the cliches - disloyal dog etc.
The bigger cokcheads can even hurl a "go and barrack for someone else."
LMAO.
Its these kind of imbeciles that are content with being losers, much like the mentality of the list. :thumbsup

Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 04:10:27 PM »
U know something?

I really hate this poo club, poo list(including some of our so called "elite" players) and poo coaches.
So much in fact that I have begun to hope they lose, so i can see the feigned dejection on their little, overpaid faces.
It's equally rewarding watch that idiot coach scramble for answers in his pressers.
The bigger thingheads can even hurl a "go and barrack for someone else."
LMAO.
Its these kind of imbeciles that are content with being losers, much like the mentality of the list. :thumbsup

lol I understand where youre coming from, when I keep hearing this garbage from our captain and coach I get the feeling that their heads are up their arses and they honestly have NFI that they are way behind the 8ball - at which point I hope we get smashed so that they can finally wake the stuff up, smell the cheese and actually do something about it.

You cant fix a problem if you don't think there is a problem or you under estimate the problem..

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
U know something?

The bigger thingheads can even hurl a "go and barrack for someone else."
LMAO.

Hear hear Ox....its the constant unquestioning acceptance of low standards that keeps us in the poohouse. Carrying on last year like we won a stuffing flag and the job was done. Many of the same knobs who carried on like we were top 4 material at the end of 2008 due to our "best 9th ever".

A smart club would be calculated & ruthless from this point, but watch as we once again repeat past mistakes and rack up the meaningless wins to weaken our draft position and negotiating power, watch the apologists come out of the woodwork talking bollocks about "proof of our quality list" & "instilling a winning culture" as we finish 10th with a bullet. Watch as we desperately look for short-term fixes again and trade out of the draft instead of back into it. Watch as we delist the likes of Arnot & Darrou and give another contract extension to Newman. Watch as we sit on our hands while highly sought after assistants are snapped up by other clubs. Watch a club that still can't walk & chew gum at the same time.

Tigers - dumber than hamsters.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.