Author Topic: Junk Time Jack  (Read 3851 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Junk Time Jack
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
Did someone say Kristian Jaksch?  :whistle

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 03:01:55 PM »
Killed it today. We just need a big CHF with him. Vickery third tall/second ruck.

If only we give a McBean, Griffiths, Elton a proper shot ...

FWIW i like Vickery in the ruck. Maric and Jack forward with a 3rd option one of the above
I recon Griff has had his turn, and unfortunately failed. Agreed though give McBean ago. Surely Dimma would have learnt a leason with Miles- if you give someone who has deserved a game, he might just surprise you.
I'm flying over to Perth for the next game, would really love to see Liam taken over there for his fist game. Really what have we got to loose?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

I recon Griff has had his turn, and unfortunately failed. Agreed though give McBean ago. Surely Dimma would have learnt a leason with Miles- if you give someone who has deserved a game, he might just surprise you.
I'm flying over to Perth for the next game, would really love to see Liam taken over there for his fist game. Really what have we got to loose?

We've had nothing to lose for a fair chunk of this season BT but sadly Hardwick and his cohorts haven't seen the sense in playing the kids to assess or develop them in any senior role so I doubt that I'll be holding my breathe waiting for his nirvana moment to breakthrough this weekend, especially now that our season is soooo back on track after one good win.    :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 03:42:38 PM »
Griffiths played back at reserves.He's played back and ruck at times in his few senior games.
He's not been given a game behind McGaune and aEdwards at times. Certainly not been given the "proper" go like a Reece Stanley or Aaron black who have played.

Elton and McBean have got a single game between them.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
Did someone say Kristian Jaksch?  :whistle

I hope it was someone at the club.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »
Killed it today. We just need a big CHF with him. Vickery third tall/second ruck.

If only we give a McBean, Griffiths, Elton a proper shot ...

FWIW i like Vickery in the ruck. Maric and Jack forward with a 3rd option one of the above

Looks like Reece Stanley come good

Funny what happens when give the kid a proper shot

the claw

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »
Griffiths played back at reserves.He's played back and ruck at times in his few senior games.
He's not been given a game behind McGaune and aEdwards at times. Certainly not been given the "proper" go like a Reece Stanley or Aaron black who have played.

lol griffiths has been given every opportunity. ffs hes played 10 games this yr  and failed to take his chances. in previous yrs hes struggled to touch the ball in the reserves or have any sort of impact yet you want him played.

griffiths has never ever been in competition with mcguane or a edwards for a spot. his competition comes from vickery riewoldt and elton. or if he performs the 2nd ruck role his competition is hampson and maybe vickery.

the only person to blame for griffiths not getting a game is griffiths himself. he has in the main been terrible. i would not be surprised in the least to see him either offered around at trade time or delisted.

on stanly he managed just 20 games in his first 3 seasons. he has been more consistent than both griffiths and vickery yet he still has very poor games fairly regularly.
  aaron black while he had plenty of injury early actually had to earn a game and poor form has meant he gets dropped.
the difference between these blokes and griffiths is they have performed well and actually earnt a game.  they havent been given games on the back of virtually nothing.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 04:14:16 PM »

lol griffiths has been given every opportunity. ffs hes played 10 games this yr  and failed to take his chances. in previous yrs hes struggled to touch the ball in the reserves or have any sort of impact yet you want him played.

Griffiths hasn't been given every chance. Hes been dropped after very serviceable games. Hes responbed by kicking bags in the VFL. When hes given a chance he has ended up be number one in the afl for contested marks. In previous years hes been played at full back which is non logical.

griffiths has never ever been in competition with mcguane or a edwards for a spot. his competition comes from vickery riewoldt and elton. or if he performs the 2nd ruck role his competition is hampson and maybe vickery.

the only person to blame for griffiths not getting a game is griffiths himself. he has in the main been terrible. i would not be surprised in the least to see him either offered around at trade time or delisted.

Incorrect.

on stanly he managed just 20 games in his first 3 seasons. he has been more consistent than both griffiths and vickery yet he still has very poor games fairly regularly.
  aaron black while he had plenty of injury early actually had to earn a game and poor form has meant he gets dropped.
the difference between these blokes and griffiths is they have performed well and actually earnt a game.  they havent been given games on the back of virtually nothing.

Stanley has been called the "worst player ever" by some St Kilda fans and yet when given a run of games in the forward line, he has unsurpisingly come good. A luxury which Griff has not been afforded.

Scott claims Aaron Edwards was delisted so Black could have a spot and be developed in the seniors. You are incorrect again, to accommodate high draft pick Black (like Griff) Norf moved on a experienced player (to us), for the long term benifit regardless of short term. And its now paying off it seems.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2014, 04:23:04 PM »
Griffiths has only kicked 6 goals in 4 VFL games this year, Judge. 4,0,1,1 Hardly "bags".
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
The four was on the back of being unreservedly dropped in the opinions of about 80%+ here.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
The four was on the back of being unreservedly dropped in the opinions of about 80%+ here.
Didn't he get dropped after the Nth game? And I'm pretty sure he had 2 touches in that game.
Not sure where you get your 80% plus people didn't want him dropped. I guess it's from the same person who has been telling you he has been kicking 'bags' in the twos.  :lol
Although he was leading the AFL in contested marks at one stage with an average of 2.  :lol
Now there's a stat to get excited about.  :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »
just like those fake coleman medals

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
Jack is a star. He has more talent in his little toe than your love child Griff.  :cheers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »
Jack is a star. He has more talent in his little toe than your love child Griff.  :cheers

Yes it is a concern

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »

jack is criticized -  not kicking enough goals - yet wins coleman

griff is criticized - - not taking enough contested mark - yet #1 contested marks AFL