Author Topic: Anyone going to games for the rest of the season, or had enough?  (Read 3768 times)

Rampstar

Re: Anyone going to games for the rest of the season, or had enough?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
But will I fork out another $6k for memberships/coterie packages in 2015 - right now the answer is NO. Base membership for me

I understand why you would do that but I don't think that it helps when supporters pull their coin out of the club.
We still need the cash to get better. Unfortunately AFL's a money game these days.

this just PR bulldust that our club puts out to suck in the supporters. As supporters we could give our club $100 million a year and they still wouldnt get any success. The current administration doesnt know ho to fix this club and make it successful. We paid (the membership) paid out their debt (again) we gave them money for their new facilities (again) we contributed to a fighting fund to bring in new players and what did they do - they went out and got dead set rejects from other clubs.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
I'll be there , like most around here, we re made of pretty  stern stuff, this is just a blip , we ll be better for it  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
A 32 year blip.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »
If don't do something quick another wooden spoon is fast approaching

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »

1st round draft pick in an uncompromised draft though  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »

One pick isnt enough for us. We need 3 or 4  top 20 picks to get in some serious quality.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 02:45:43 PM »
Why would you go to games if you're disconnected? Not a true supporter if you do that

As opposed to not going until they sack the coach  ::)

I also go to catch up with mates, will continue to do that

But will I fork out another $6k for memberships/coterie packages in 2015 - right now the answer is NO. Base membership for me

I understand why you would do that but I don't think that it helps when supporters pull their coin out of the club.
We still need the cash to get better. Unfortunately AFL's a money game these days.

Buts that part of the problem Mr Magic, the club has been able to rely on people like me to (for want of a better term) prop them up.

They haven't had to work hard to get my coin.

I've just done it, no questions ask like so many other people.

Well sorry at some point something has to give and right now the only thing that seems to register with them is $$$. So maybe it's time to hit them where it hurts

Maybe it is time for this club to actually have to work to get my loyalty and respect back and I'm not just talking about the on field debacle we have either.

This club is facing a crisis. ANd truth be known I doubt if they even have a clue about it and if they do would even bother acknowledging it.

TBH whilst I do think it's a money game I don't blame you.
The club's Fighting Tiger Fund was a bit of a last hurrah for many of the club's diehard supporters who've endured so much for so long.
We gave generously and with that we have rebuilt Punt Road, erased our debt and given the club it's own reserves team among many other benefits to those at the football club.
However if TFTF didn't work in 'making our club great again' then it would be a bit rich of the club to keep asking for financial support when they didn't hold up there end of the bargain.
You can only go to the well so often and for the RFC's sake this is one failure too many..

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
Whilst I will keep going to the games, I'll do so a little disconnected, looking at it with open eyes as opposed to passionate blinkered ones.
At this point of the season I'm looking for little positives rather than wins.
Yesterday I was pretty happy with what I saw from Miles & Dea. That's at least a couple of new names to persevere with.

Yep
Though for me the disconnect happened weeks ago, after the Hawks game

Just don't care anymore

I will go to every remaining game except round 23 in Sydney

GROW UP WP!! ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »
Don't agree that you need $$ in the AFL to succeed. How many premierships have Collingwood and West Coast (2 richest clubs) won in the last 30 years? 5? Certainly helps but isn't the number 1 catalyst for success.

How much richer are we than Sydney? Would rather have Sydney's success / structures / culture than our mob
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
Every Victorian game. Yes. Always have probably always will until we merge, relocate or fold....so at least another 10 years.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 04:11:43 PM »
Don't agree that you need $$ in the AFL to succeed. How many premierships have Collingwood and West Coast (2 richest clubs) won in the last 30 years? 5? Certainly helps but isn't the number 1 catalyst for success.

How much richer are we than Sydney? Would rather have Sydney's success / structures / culture than our mob

I'm sick to death of hearing about Sydney's great culture. The AFL has propped them up for years: from getting Lockett up there when we were poised to sign him, to allowing Barry Hall to get off scot free to play in their drought breaking Grand Final after dead set snotting someone in the Prelim, to the cola RORT which has allowed them to secure Tippett and Buddy in successive years. Maybe if we were the AFL's pets like the Swans we could shake off the schizen culture that has attached itself to us like a barnacle over the last 30 odd years.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »

One pick isnt enough for us. We need 3 or 4  top 20 picks to get in some serious quality.

I don't know Ramps. We had 5 picks in the top 20 in 2004 and used them on Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »

I don't know Ramps. We had 5 picks in the top 20 in 2004 and used them on Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo.

Exactly we could have the first 10 and only one bloke will become a very good 200 game player. Its not just recruiting, its development and were are severely lacking in both.
Would like to see the invoicing on these areas from the club with regards to FTF donations. :help

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 06:24:29 PM »
Waddya do, double header next week, BBQ at punt rd and Richmond can pay for my liver transplant :gotigers you basdards