Author Topic: Anyone going to games for the rest of the season, or had enough?  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
Re: Anyone going to games for the rest of the season, or had enough?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »
I will pop along next week, N7 as usual. But what to bring to pass the time? War and Peace, Pilgrim's Progress, Great Expectations? Any suggestions? Perhaps a text of great Russian poetry, in Russian.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »
I will pop along next week, N7 as usual. But what to bring to pass the time? War and Peace, Pilgrim's Progress, Great Expectations? Any suggestions? Perhaps a text of great Russian poetry, in Russian.

How about 50 shades of grey. Get yourself into the mood for fornication whilst you read as Freo fornicates us on the ground. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 06:45:42 PM »

I sit in N7 most weeks  ;D

I'll be the one in a yellow & black straight jacket, laughing uncontrollably for no reason 

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »

I'll be the one in a yellow & black straight jacket, laughing uncontrollably for no reason
Come to N51 WP.  Best seats in the house and the coffee bar is just up a few steps from me.  We can have a cry together! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 07:18:51 PM »

Come to N51 WP.  Best seats in the house and the coffee bar is just up a few steps from me.  We can have a cry together! ;D

See you on Sat Y&B I'm in N53. I'll have a large latte with two sugars. :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »
I'll be taking a few weeks off just for my mental health  :P

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »
Struth.......I can't even watch it any more on the box....I act like a friggin lunatic watching it on the box a home........going to the game live is the only way I can watch it without losing it.........
 :banghead :banghead

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:39 PM »
I'll be taking a few weeks off just for my mental health  :P

Just go to the toilet think of RFC and squeeze, you'll be right Stripes. :thumbsup

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 07:32:32 PM »

See you on Sat Y&B I'm in N53. I'll have a large latte with two sugars. :thumbsup
Ok Don!  My shout!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »

Ok Don!  My shout!
I'm there! :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 09:31:57 PM »
Yep
Though for me the disconnect happened weeks ago, after the Hawks game

Because we lost to the reining prems?  ::)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
I've missed the last 2 games. Biggest drought for some time, considering both were in Victoria.
I'll be going this weekend. Not looking forward to ugly Fremantle.
Go Tigers!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
I'll still go to our games, but geez it peees me off when we are down by 5-6 goals at a break and they play ads telling the supporters to give 110%  :banghead

I haven't felt 'disconnected' the way I do now watching games ever in the past. I honestly don't care for the result anymore and thats pretty sad I reckon.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »
There have been times that I've gone and feared the result but never did I not hope that we would not win. Part of me wanted to believe despite what had been dished up.

Now I have no pride in my side, that's gone I don't want to wear the merchandise, dished the jumper and the tracky jacket on Sunday and wore generic clothing. I am embarassed at the RFC and whilst I still will go because I want to just the trusty Tigers VFL scarf with come with me.

As I have mentioned I will still go but until things "genuinely" improve on and off field I'll just be an RFC follower not an RFC fan or supporter.

That way I don't lose my identity and my link to the club, but through my little protest I can remain focused and aloof from the bs and the spin of the club.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »
Yep
Though for me the disconnect happened weeks ago, after the Hawks game

Because we lost to the reining prems?  ::)

:facepalm

Err No

It wasn't just because we lost but because of how we lost

Lose having a dip, is bearable

Lose without offering a yelp is gutting

Throw in that it was also the week we got told "we're a better side than last year" by the Coach and then I sat through a pre-match function and got told the same thing by the GM of footy

So I reckon it's fair to say it had a bit more to do with it than getting smashed by Hawthorn
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:33:04 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)