Author Topic: Recruiting manager  (Read 3709 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Recruiting manager
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
We can't change coach without losing too much $. Why dont we spend money on the best list management/ttalent scout/recruiting personnel to get our list right so that in 2 years IF we change head coach then we know we have recruited the best players we possibly can and give ourselves a great launching platform, if we had spent money on chappie and goddard imagine what a different outfit we would be today. Plus has our list management let us down with our recent decisions?

tony_montana

Re: Recruiting manager
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
clubs very happy with FJ   ::)

eff me we wont improve bc all the problems that are staring us right in the face ie drafting, moneyball and conditioning are not seen to be issues according to the club, so while we can sit here typing that if only we do this this and that we'll be back on track - it wont happen bc the club don't see it that way.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

eff me we wont improve bc all the problems that are staring us right in the face ie drafting, moneyball and conditioning are not seen to be issues according to the club, so while we can sit here typing that if only we do this this and that we'll be back on track - it wont happen bc the club don't see it that way.

Yeah to me, it sounded like Dan Richardson was backin in our recruiting strategy on SEN today  :whistle
Though if these top up players would have done a good enough job to we land better players and draftees it would have been a masterstroke. But unfirtunately for us its not  :-\
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »

Yet some on here think FJ is full of masterstrokes.

Should have got Chris Pelchen whilst we had the chance. What have I been digging deep into my pockets for and so many others to reduce the debt or make our footy department and footy side competitive and up to scratch in pursuit of ultimate success. Me thinks not. Charlatans, Liars and Schysters.

RFC= Repetetive Failing Club.

The Skata Cycle. 32 years and counting. Plop Plop Plop. ®©™

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
Can someone describe the difference between a Recruiting Manager and List Manager?

How can a recruiting manager successfully do his job without being in control of where the playing list is at?
How can a list manager successfully build / manage a list without being in control of who is recruited?

Makes no sense to me.
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Didn't the club already sort out succession with Luke Williams? :huh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
Can someone describe the difference between a Recruiting Manager and List Manager?

How can a recruiting manager successfully do his job without being in control of where the playing list is at?
How can a list manager successfully build / manage a list without being in control of who is recruited?

Makes no sense to me.

At RFC the recruiting manager scratches his left gonad the list manager scratches his right and all and sundry scratch both of Blair's.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »
We sack the recruiting bloke and all that does is mask the problem we have with the coach.........

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 07:38:42 PM »
Most certainly did, a pivotal figure in geelongs dynasty thank you  :clapping....Chris pelchen  :lol ask dermie what he thinks of him   :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »
Most certainly did, a pivotal figure in geelongs dynasty thank you  :clapping....Chris pelchen  :lol ask dermie what he thinks of him   :shh

Who cares he oversaw the build of the Hawthorn list to its 2008 flag. If he and Dermie had a falling out so be it. A lot of ppl working professionally do. His credentials for the job are being discussed here not his character. Fact is he built the Hawthorn list,  so much for the clowns building our house on sand.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 08:44:17 PM »
Think the same as the coach.

Be bold. Target the benchmark.

Wells or whoever is best. Money talks

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »
Derm also said a list manager should be hated bc he carries the responsibility of making dispassionate decisions that may seem harsh and heartless but are ultimately for the greater good. Do we have one of those?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »
He back doored Scott watters , derms mate
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »
He back doored Scott watters , derms mate

Yep he did, reckon waters was treated terribly imo, rep tarnished but bloke knows football.

But just speaking purely from a list manager perspective, and not saying whether pelchen is the bet or not, but the way he goes abt it is what a list manager needs to do. No sentiment.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 09:09:28 PM »
GR had no sentiment either and I bet there were a few around the RFC who loathed him too.
At the end of the day its results that count not the character of the footy ops.

I reckon the Saints are better off with Richo even though I agree with TM that Watters was treated awfully.