Author Topic: Recruiting manager  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Recruiting manager
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 10:58:48 AM »
So all in all it appears that our list and list management is not up to snuff. Easy. get it fixed NOW ready for our next coach.

peggy / benny, get this done if we have a crap list then the rest is pointless.

yep

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
if we had a decent review system id say both would be on thin ice. alas when those in the inner circle look at each other nothing is gioing to change. oh for some decent processes.
i know ive had debates about this before but we need at the least an independent body come in and go thru the whole footy dept with a fine tooth comb.

how can a club defend a recruiting manager who has found just one good player after the 1st round in  the nd in  9yrs of trying.
how can the club defend the same bloke when not one junior rookie pick in 9 yrs has made it.  ffs thats his job its probably the most important job at any footy club and we settle for mediocrity.

as for blair hartley im with wp. hes put on some sort of pedestal by the club and a lot of supporters but his record is actually poor. his handling of list even poorer and contracts even worse.

think about it. footy clubs live and die on the back of two things recruiting and list management. those two things are followed closely by development.

ive been going on about these things non stop since 2001 and unfortunately i havent been able to move on because we are almost as bad now as we were then.

why is they get a few things right and sit back on their hands thinking the jobs done. they are amateurs.

Couldnt have said it better.  How can you sack the coach and not have these duds follow him out the door.  The level of failure Richmond has achieved requires a team effort.  No individual can do this much damage on their own.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 03:06:42 PM »
The list manager is the one who should be under the most pressure right now. Hartley should be called to account.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »
The list manager is the one who should be under the most pressure right now. Hartley should be called to account.
IMO Hartley has done a pretty good job. Not perfect but pretty good.
He targeted realist targets that would at least make us competitive while GC and GWS were been given everything....Some seem to forget last year winning 15 games.
The reason he had to do this is because our list was so pathetic DUE TO DRAFTING INCOMPIDENCE, long before Hartley was on board. 
The same players that he recruited served a purpose but I'm pretty sure he new they needed to be upgraded on by way of the draft. Que. FJ
FJ record speaks for itself- he is a massive failure...no one can debate that surely. (Most even think Ellis is no good now, and Conca is struggling too)
And guess what, we are in the same position we were 4,5,6, 7 years ago.

This club is a disgrace if they don't sack this looser (FJ) at years end.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »

I went to sandy pub to watch the game Sunday, made me embarrassed to be an RFC supporter, thete are si many c0ck heads out there. One thing that gives me heart is positive responses to this post. Build yor foundation on a ROCK, build the team, and they will come

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
if we had a decent review system id say both would be on thin ice. alas when those in the inner circle look at each other nothing is gioing to change. oh for some decent processes.
i know ive had debates about this before but we need at the least an independent body come in and go thru the whole footy dept with a fine tooth comb.

how can a club defend a recruiting manager who has found just one good player after the 1st round in  the nd in  9yrs of trying.
how can the club defend the same bloke when not one junior rookie pick in 9 yrs has made it.  ffs thats his job its probably the most important job at any footy club and we settle for mediocrity.

as for blair hartley im with wp. hes put on some sort of pedestal by the club and a lot of supporters but his record is actually poor. his handling of list even poorer and contracts even worse.

think about it. footy clubs live and die on the back of two things recruiting and list management. those two things are followed closely by development.

ive been going on about these things non stop since 2001 and unfortunately i havent been able to move on because we are almost as bad now as we were then.

why is they get a few things right and sit back on their hands thinking the jobs done. they are amateurs.

Couldnt have said it better.  How can you sack the coach and not have these duds follow him out the door.  The level of failure Richmond has achieved requires a team effort.  No individual can do this much damage on their own.
Absolute rubbish! They have a constant review process. I've seen some of it. You don't know anything about what happens on the inside. You make it up as you go.

the claw

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »

Absolute rubbish! They have a constant review process. I've seen some of it. You don't know anything about what happens on the inside. You make it up as you go.
if they have a review process which i dont doubt they have, it is a pee poor one.  chums passing judgement on chums doesnt work and the proof is in the pudding.