Author Topic: VFL: Richmond vs Northern Blues @ Punt Rd --- Sat. June 14 [curtain-raiser]  (Read 1955 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VFL Round 10

Richmond Tigers
(3-4-1, 11th) vs Northern Blues (4-4, 10th)

Date: Saturday, 14th June
Venue: ME Bank Centre, Punt Road Oval.
Time: 11:00 AM

Curtain-raiser to the Freo game at the 'G.

Broadcast:

Tiger Radio - Users can listen by downloading Richmond’s app, via the iTunes App Store or Google Play, and choose ‘VFL Radio’ in the menu or via link on www.richmondfc.com.au .

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RichmondVFL

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
McBean is back from injury (broken finger) while Aaron Davey will play his first game as a Tiger.

Richmond Round 11 VFL Team

B             Banfield           Darrou             Williams                                                                                               
HB          O'Hanlon         Waite               Helbig                                                                                 
C             Gordon           McDonough     Young                                                                                               
HF           Lloyd              Griffiths             Arnot                                                                                 
F              McBean         Elton                 Bathie                                                                                         

R             Stephenson     Batsanis            Davey                                                                                 

Int            Barlow, Wall, Gleeson, Wynne, Collins, McGough, Schibeci, McQualter, Conca

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-06-12/davey-to-debut-for-richmond-vfl

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bump.

I have to leave early (in fact right now) so if someone could post updates of scores and goalkickers of the VFL game, it'll be much appreciated.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Richmond 0.2.2 trail Northern 2.1.13. Almost 15 minutes gone, opening term.

from RichmondVFL twitter
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
GOAL! @liammcbean holds off his opponent with one hand, controls the ball with the other and puts it through. Great stuff from the big man

from RichmondVFL twitter
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
QTR TIME. Tigers worked hard but were hurt by a couple of late Blues goals. Richmond 1.4.10 trail @NBluesFC 4.3.27. McBean with the goal.

from RichmondVFL twitter

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Tigers hurt by another fast break as Johnson kicks his second for the Blues. Richmond 2.5.17 trail Northern 7.6.50.

from RichmondVFL twitter

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
HALF TIME. Tigers struggling to hit the scoreboard and the Blues extended their lead. Richmond 2.6.18 trail @NBluesFC 7.11.53.

from RichmondVFL twitter

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
GOAL! Lloyd slots one home from the pocket. The Tigers building some momentum! Margin reduced to 21 points, 15 minutes gone.

from RichmondVFL twitter

Goals to Arnot and Williams as well

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
GOAL! And he converts. That's his third of the game. Margin is just ONE POINT!

from RichmondVFL twitter

20 minutes into the last quarter

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
SIREN. Heartbreak for the Tigers, who fought back incredibly well in the second half. Richmond 11.14.80 fall to @NBluesFC 12.15.87.

from RichmondVFL twitter

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
"Heartbreak".. :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the updates 65!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VFL Tigers defeated in thriller
John Lindon 
June 14, 2014 3:21 PM

RICHMOND              1.4      2.6      7.12      11.14 (80)
NORTHERN BLUES     4.3     7.11     9.12      12.15 (87)

Goals: McBean 3, Williams 2, Lloyd 2, O’Hanlon 2, Arnot, Bathie
Best: Arnot, Young, Helbig, O’Hanlon, Lloyd, Batsanis

-------------------------------------------------------------

A stirring second half comeback saw the Tigers come agonisingly close to stealing a win over the Northern Blues, who held on to win by seven points at the ME Bank Centre on Saturday afternoon.

Nine goals to five in the second half helped Richmond remove a 33-point half time margin with Liam McBean booting three majors in his return from a broken finger.

Skipper Ross Young was a consistent contributor all day and collected a game-high 35 disposals. His outstanding work rate also saw him have six clearances and seven inside 50s.

The Tigers struggled to generate scoring opportunities early as the Blues gained control. A terrific gather and snap from McBean put the Tigers on the board in what was a tough first half, but the Blues inaccuracy saw the margin remain comfortable but not insurmountable.

Arnot’s run and carry and attack on the ball kept the Tigers in the game. He finished with 29 disposals (16 contested).

Three quick goals in the third term ignited the Tigers, who instantly began to lift. Brad Helbig yet again was a tough presence in packs and around the ground, finishing with 21 possessions and seven clearances.

Nathan Gordon’s hands were strong in difficult, slippery conditions while Cadeyn Williams again impressed with a solid performance.

Dynamic goal-sneak Sam Lloyd went in and out of the game at times but was dangerous with the ball in hand. His two important goals and willingness to get the ball moving quickly for the Tigers were pivotal to the fight back.

Brett O’Hanlon, who had 20 disposals, was a standout late in the game. He remained composed to kick two crucial goals and get his team within a point, but a defensive turnover and Blues goal ended the valiant Tigers comeback hopes.

Former Melbourne forward Aaron Davey had 15 touches in his first game for the VFL Tigers.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-06-14/vfl-tigers-defeated-in-thriller

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....

Goals: McBean 3, Williams 2, Lloyd 2, O’Hanlon 2, Arnot,
Best: Arnot, , Helbig, O’Hanlon, Lloyd,
-------------------------------------------------------------

Liam McBean booting three majors in his return from a broken finger.

Arnot’s run and carry and attack on the ball kept the Tigers in the game. He finished with 29 disposals (16 contested).

.Brad Helbig yet again was a tough presence in packs and around the ground, finishing with 21 possessions and seven clearances.

Dynamic goal-sneak Sam Lloyd went in and out of the game at times but was dangerous with the ball in hand. His two important goals and willingness to get the ball moving quickly for the Tigers were pivotal to the fight back.

Brett O’Hanlon, who had 20 disposals, was a standout late in the game. He remained composed to kick two crucial goals and get his team within a point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq4gK8PkKNM
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
A bit alarming that Big Ben didn't even score a goal. I hope we haven't turned him into a head case.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”