Author Topic: Official Round 16 team vs Lions  (Read 2856 times)

tony_montana

Re: Official Round 16 team vs Lions
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
 :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 08:35:58 PM »
I have said before you cannot carry Jackson and Thomas in same team both a nothing more then taggers and a limited on the ground. :banghead .For some reason Dimma this year has played both when there fit ،poor decsions like this made me loose faith in Dimma ،why not play biscuit or donuts instead till the end of the season it is over anyhow.

I personally would have also gone for either Gordon or Lloyd as the smaller forward but good to see O'Hanlon get a shot. :thumbsup

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
I don't mind Thomas but would like to see his spot rated and arnot given 2-3 matches . Can see arnot definitely leaving RFC due to limited chances and we haven't seen much of him
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 12:01:19 AM »
I have said before you cannot carry Jackson and Thomas in same team both a nothing more then taggers and a limited on the ground. :banghead .For some reason Dimma this year has played both when there fit ،poor decsions like this made me loose faith in Dimma ،why not play biscuit or donuts instead till the end of the season it is over anyhow.

Thomas, Maric & O'Hanlon in the same side against the likes of Zorko, Taylor & Green should be interesting. Lucky it's not at Etihad.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »

I'd say it's borderline playing Thomas/Jackson as well as Miles let alone all 3. Love Miles but his role seems to be the same as what you'd think Jackson and Thomas should be doing.

Thomas, Jackson, Maric & O' Hanlon in the same side against the likes of Zorko, Taylor & Green should be interesting. Lucky it's not at Etihad.

What do they have to do with each other?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 02:40:23 AM »

I'd say it's borderline playing Thomas/Jackson as well as Miles let alone all 3. Love Miles but his role seems to be the same as what you'd think Jackson and Thomas should be doing.

Thomas, Jackson, Maric & O' Hanlon in the same side against the likes of Zorko, Taylor & Green should be interesting. Lucky it's not at Etihad.

I'll simplify it for you: We are a slow side, they are a fast side.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Thomas Out - Arnot IN
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »
From the AFL web-site

"Meanwhile Matt Thomas has withdrawn from Richmond's side to face the Brisbane Lions on Saturday at the MCG after suffering an Achilles injury.

His place has been taken by Matt Arnot, with Brad Helbig coming in as an emergency."

From: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-04/hill-out-for-dockers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Thomas Out - Arnot IN
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 11:44:38 AM »
From the AFL web-site

"Meanwhile Matt Thomas has withdrawn from Richmond's side to face the Brisbane Lions on Saturday at the MCG after suffering an Achilles injury.

His place has been taken by Matt Arnot, with Brad Helbig coming in as an emergency."

Best news l heard, Thanks for making my day  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »

Bit unfair to compare our onballers and ruckman against Brisbanes three small forwards

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »
Arnot finally gets a game.  Lets hope he doesn't get the sub vest and actually gets some time in and under in the midfield....  A lot to ask I know.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »
Arnot finally gets a game.  Lets hope he doesn't get the sub vest and actually gets some time in and under in the midfield....  A lot to ask I know.

And lets hope if he does get some time that he actually finds the effn ball

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
I'm hoping he has a bad game so he gets dropped

And delisted

Then the hardwick master plan will be complete

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »
From the AFL web-site

Probably tweaked it when he had that horrible shot for goal last week. Is probably the worst kick in the team and that's saying something.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 04:03:18 PM »

Bit unfair to compare our onballers and ruckman against Brisbanes three small forwards

It wasn't a positional comparison, it speaks to the overall pace of the sides which is relevent all over the ground in modern football. All three can bring the ball out from defence and run through the middle they're not just camped in their forward 50 and on ballers usually follow the contests all around the ground. Thomas is out now anyway.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 05:14:41 PM »
From the AFL web-site

Probably tweaked it when he had that horrible shot for goal last week. Is probably the worst kick in the team and that's saying something.

I was right behind it - it was like watching an abortion