Author Topic: Troy Chaplin on SEN - 09/07/2014  (Read 595 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy Chaplin on SEN - 09/07/2014
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »
Chaplin was on SEN today ...

* It’s about setting standards that we can adhere to going forward and in the pre-season making sure we set a template for how we want to play, train and how we want to be around the footy club. The thing I’ve seen in probably the last six weeks is guys putting it on one another on game-day.  It makes others accountable but the only way you can do that is by doing the right thing yourself. There’s definitely been a shift in a mindset and focus of the playing group which has been fantastic. Probably the last six or seven weeks we’ve started to see things turn, statistic wise.  We’ve gone from bottom four or five in everything to mid table. It’s up to us as a playing group to turn it around and these are the little steps you’ve got to take. If you want to take some momentum into pre-season, you have to make it a focus for the next seven weeks.

* It’s easy to pack up shop and play young guys and I think Dimma has been on record about not doing that. He wants to make sure that guys earn their spot.  If you’re not playing well and adhering to the standards then you’ll find yourself out of the team. Guys in the VFL who have been playing well will get an opportunity, like Anthony Miles who’s come in and had a great four or five weeks.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-09/tigers-focus-on-setting-standards

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Troy Chaplin on SEN - 09/07/2014
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »
 :facepalm

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
Chaplin was on SEN today ...

* It’s easy to pack up shop and play young guys and I think Dimma has been on record about not doing that. He wants to make sure that guys earn their spot.  If you’re not playing well and adhering to the standards then you’ll find yourself out of the team. Guys in the VFL who have been playing well will get an opportunity, like Anthony Miles who’s come in and had a great four or five weeks.

Sorry Troy but that is absolute crap  :banghead :banghead

Don't treat fans like morons, that is blatantly UNTRUE.

Selections during the course of this season prove it

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:25:02 PM »
Chaplinesque Comedy.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 03:52:03 PM »
Announced his retirement like Pettard?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »
Dimma has been on record about not doing that. He wants to make sure that guys earn their spot.  If you’re not playing well and adhering to the standards then you’ll find yourself out of the team.

If this was true, Troy would have found himself out of the side earlier in the year.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »
Get this guy out of the leadership group ASAP

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »
What's alarming is, they seem to be the only club to talk so much MEANINGLESS BS !!
Caracella and Balmey.

Rampstar

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
Our clubs lives on delusion and stupidity. They actually believe down their that they are just having a bad season and that theyll turn it around next year. They actually believe it. If thats true then Im an Astronaut. Our club is stuffed.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 05:15:21 PM »
Chaplinesque Comedy.

Charlie Chaplin. Unbelievable interview.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
Our clubs lives on delusion and stupidity. They actually believe down their that they are just having a bad season and that theyll turn it around next year. They actually believe it. If thats true then Im an Astronaut. Our club is stuffed.

Apparently we're still locked and loaded but the gun just jammed this year.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »
Chaplin has got an acute case of malakia from mouth disease. :help