Author Topic: Cogs pencils in a comeback date  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Cogs pencils in a comeback date
« on: June 03, 2004, 04:34:29 PM »
Cogs pencils in a comeback date
3 June, 2004
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Reigning Jack Dyer Medallist, Mark Coughlan, is aiming for a return to the playing field with Richmond’s VFL affiliate, the Coburg Tigers, on the AFL bye weekend (June 26-27).

Coughlan, who has been rested since Round 5 with a groin complaint, is determined to still have an impact on the 2004 season, but will not rush back into action.

“I’ve missed five games now, which has been frustrating, but we’ve just been pretty conservative with it (the rehab.),” Coughlan said on ‘Tigers’ Club Corner’ (Sport 927) this week.

“I will come back fully fit – as in fit and ready to play. But it’ll take me a couple of games to get match fit.

“At this stage, I hope to play half a game in the VFL the week the senior team’s got a bye – just to make sure that it’s 100% -- and, all being well, go from there . . .”

Coughlan is looking forward to stepping up his training regime with some more ball-work after the monotony of running in recent weeks.

“I haven’t done a heap of ball-work as yet . . . I’ll graduate into that this week,” he said.

“But in terms of running, I’m doing a fair bit to keep my fitness up.

“If you’ve been down at training in the last month, you would have seen me straight-line running, which isn’t much fun, but something I’ve got to do to keep my fitness up.”

Amid the frustration of being sidelined from doing what he does best – playing footy – came a major positive for Coughlan (and the Tigers) late last week. He agreed to terms on a new three-year deal with Richmond, which will tie him to the Club at least until the end of the 2007 season.

“I was absolutely rapt to sign back up again,” Coughlan said.

“It wasn’t a very long procedure at all – it was only one or two weeks of negotiating and that was it.

“I’m very happy to be staying with the Club because I believe the future here is really bright and I want to be part of it.

“Now I’m just looking forward to getting back out there . . .”

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=152724
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Cogs pencils in a comeback date
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 05:40:22 PM »
There's no rush for Cogs as we aren't going to go very far this year and he is vital to our future. Let him take as long as he needs to get 100% right.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 03:31:36 PM »
Cogs takes the next step in his recovery
17 June, 2004
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Reigning Jack Dyer Medallist, Mark Coughlan, hit the comeback trail with the Coburg Tigers’ reserve-grade side last weekend.

Coughlan, who had been sidelined since Round 5 with a condition described as “pubic instability”, played half a game against Frankston in the curtain-raiser to the televised VFL game at Coburg’s City Oval.

“I played the first half and felt okay,” Coughlan said.

“The old skills were a little bit rusty and the conditions were pretty wet, but I got a few touches and, overall, it wasn’t too bad.”

Coughlan was hoping he might even have been a chance for a senior call-up this week, but the Tigers have resisted the temptation, preferring (understandably) to err on the side of caution with their young gun midfielder.

“I think I was close to playing, but just to make sure of getting through the rest of the year well, I’ll have that extra week off,” he said.

The Coburg Tigers are not playing this weekend with the VFL playing a representative match against the WAFL in Perth.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=155347
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 04:13:56 PM »
Gee they are a bit slow on the old RFC web-site aren't they ;D

OER was on the ball.............."On the Prowl" featured this on Tuesday it is now Thursday.  ;D

Not that we want to boast or anything  ;) ;D ;) ;D

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/ontheprowl/article1.htm
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 04:20:32 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)