Author Topic: Vickery cops 4 weeks [updated]  (Read 5839 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Vickery cops 4 weeks [updated]
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
Or grown men could learn the lesson they were supposed to learn as 3 year olds, which is you can't just belt someone who does the wrong thing by you.

No wonder Tim Lane produced the daughter he did, what a flog.

What's wrong with Sam?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2014, 09:53:55 AM »
Or grown men could learn the lesson they were supposed to learn as 3 year olds, which is you can't just belt someone who does the wrong thing by you.

Why not?

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »

What's wrong with Sam?

Not much until she speaks. Or writes.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »
At least Tim Lane calls it, the rest of the emotional arse lickers just make me sick.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »

That is way too harsh. Haven't you ever lost your temper? The guy had no time to cool down and think about what his response would be.  Had he had time I'm sure he wouldn't have done what he did.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Lane was right about the umpire TBR, Why did he let a strike on Vickery slide?  Should of been a free kick but, he was thinking oh not Coxy, he will get reported by the match review panel if draw attention to that!  He is the retiring hero!  The only reason he got off with it in the end was coz they felt sorry for him copping a cut lunch and then a face full of subiaco for dessert.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Eagles fans say they'd happily take on Tyrone Vickery again (Age)
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »
Eagles fans say they'd happily take on Tyrone Vickery again

Simon White
      The Age
    July 30, 2014 - 12:13PM

Two West Coast Eagles fan who engaged in a passionate tete-a-tete with Richmond's Tyrone Vickery on Friday night say they did not overstep the mark and would not hesitate to repeat their actions.

Ben and James - who made contact with Radio 6PR Breakfast on Wednesday morning - banged on the top of the Richmond dugout and gave Vickery a spray after he knocked out Eagles champion Dean Cox in a second-quarter ruck clash.

The pair were described as "lunatics hanging over the fence" in post-match comments by Richmond coach Damien Hardwick, who added "I don't know another profession in the world where you can walk into a bank teller and start calling them names like that."

But Ben and James both denied swearing at Vickery.

"I was the guy in the black hoodie," Ben said.

"We're just passionate supporters who love the Eagles, we didn't swear or anything like that. We were just sticking up for Coxy.

"[Vickery told us] we didn't know what we're talking about, in a friendly way. We copped more from Choco [Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams].

"There was no abuse at all. We'd never do anything to a player. But if players stand up for themselves, then so should spectators."

James said he just told Vickery to enjoy his inevitable suspension. The ruckman-forward was given a four-match ban by the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night.

"I would have liked six but at the end of day four is fair enough," James said.

"We just said it [the hit on Cox] was a real low act and 'enjoy your holiday mate'.

"[Security told us to] Keep it down a bit. I don't swear at the footy, it's a family affair."

Asked if he would engage an opposing player in a similar manner in the future, James replied "bloody oath".

Vickery's four-match suspension has triggered controversy, with several commentators - including Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy and Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley - saying they expected a week or two more after the case was referred directly to the tribunal.

Vickery's suspension was reduced from five to four weeks because of his guilty plea and the 24-year-old will be free to play again in round 23 - and finals, in the event the Tigers make it to September.

Vickery issued an unreserved apology to Cox on Sunday morning.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eagles-fans-say-theyd-happily-take-on-tyrone-vickery-again-20140730-zyf5l.html

dwaino

« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2014, 12:53:54 PM »
If you didn't know any better you would think Vickery stabbed him.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
If you didn't know any better you would think Vickery stabbed him.

And violated his cat

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »
That is way too harsh. Haven't you ever lost your temper? The guy had no time to cool down and think about what his response would be.  Had he had time I'm sure he wouldn't have done what he did.

That what discipline is though, controlling your response no matter what the situation.

Lane was right about the umpire TBR, Why did he let a strike on Vickery slide?  Should of been a free kick but, he was thinking oh not Coxy, he will get reported by the match review panel if draw attention to that!  He is the retiring hero!  The only reason he got off with it in the end was coz they felt sorry for him copping a cut lunch and then a face full of subiaco for dessert.

I'm with the umpire on this one, and the MRP who thought it not enough of a strike to warrant a report.

That stuff happens in AFL footy 1000 times a game. I've seen Vickery himself sink elbows into every opponent who comes within reach over the past few games.

If the argument is should all of those knocks be pinged with free kicks then that is a different question but I guarantee if Vickery had landed the first one and the umpy paid a free kick we would all be saying how soft it was.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »

That what discipline is though, controlling your response no matter what the situation.

I'm with the umpire on this one, and the MRP who thought it not enough of a strike to warrant a report.

That stuff happens in AFL footy 1000 times a game. I've seen Vickery himself sink elbows into every opponent who comes within reach over the past few games.

If the argument is should all of those knocks be pinged with free kicks then that is a different question but I guarantee if Vickery had landed the first one and the umpy paid a free kick we would all be saying how soft it was.
The fact the incident was actually cited and referred means it HAD TO BE A FREE KICK!!!!!  Sure it wasn't reportable, but an elbow in the guts causing a player to double up in front of an umpire is almost guaranteed to be a free kick. Sure many are not seen and therefore not paid, but this happened directly in front of the umpire and should have been a free kick. I can't understand how you can say it should't be when 1000% softer frees are paid each game.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
Asked if he would engage an opposing player in a similar manner in the future, James replied "bloody oath".

What they should've asked James is if he'd engage an opposing player one on one , face to face outside the ground. I very much doubt the response would be ' bloody oath '
 More likely " no coz I'm a weak coward and Tyrone would punch the living **** out of me "
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

I prefer an eye for an eye.

Don't get mad, get even.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Eagles fans say they'd happily take on Tyrone Vickery again (Age)
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »
Eagles fans say they'd happily take on Tyrone Vickery again

Simon White
      The Age
    July 30, 2014 - 12:13PM

Two West Coast Eagles fan who engaged in a passionate tete-a-tete with Richmond's Tyrone Vickery on Friday night say they did not overstep the mark and would not hesitate to repeat their actions.

Ben and James - who made contact with Radio 6PR Breakfast on Wednesday morning - banged on the top of the Richmond dugout and gave Vickery a spray after he knocked out Eagles champion Dean Cox in a second-quarter ruck clash.

The pair were described as "lunatics hanging over the fence" in post-match comments by Richmond coach Damien Hardwick, who added "I don't know another profession in the world where you can walk into a bank teller and start calling them names like that."

But Ben and James both denied swearing at Vickery.

"I was the guy in the black hoodie," Ben said.

"We're just passionate supporters who love the Eagles, we didn't swear or anything like that. We were just sticking up for Coxy.

"[Vickery told us] we didn't know what we're talking about, in a friendly way. We copped more from Choco [Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams].

"There was no abuse at all. We'd never do anything to a player. But if players stand up for themselves, then so should spectators."

James said he just told Vickery to enjoy his inevitable suspension. The ruckman-forward was given a four-match ban by the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night.

"I would have liked six but at the end of day four is fair enough," James said.

"We just said it [the hit on Cox] was a real low act and 'enjoy your holiday mate'.

"[Security told us to] Keep it down a bit. I don't swear at the footy, it's a family affair."

Vickery's four-match suspension has triggered controversy, with several commentators - including Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy and Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley - saying they expected a week or two more after the case was referred directly to the tribunal.

Vickery's suspension was reduced from five to four weeks because of his guilty plea and the 24-year-old will be free to play again in round 23 - and finals, in the event the Tigers make it to September.

Vickery issued an unreserved apology to Cox on Sunday morning.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/eagles-fans-say-theyd-happily-take-on-tyrone-vickery-again-20140730-zyf5l.html
James was mouthing off on Facebook how he gave it to Vickery & was big noting himself. Pitiful really

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
James is my hero. I wanna be like him one day.