Author Topic: When we make the finals who should we play ? (OER OFFICIAL FINALS THREAD)  (Read 8283 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Someone email wada

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
what's the likelihood of Crows losing both their remaining matches................. :pray?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
what's the likelihood of Crows losing both their remaining matches................. :pray?
Zero. They've got St Kilda at Adelaide Oval in round 23.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL website's Crystal Ball after round 21

9. RICHMOND
40 points (10 wins, 10 losses) 104.5 per cent

The run home:
Rd 22: St Kilda at the MCG
Rd 23: Sydney Swans at ANZ Stadium

If the Tigers win next week:
- And then beat the Swans in round 23, they can only be denied a finals berth if Adelaide wins its remaining two matches and Essendon wins one more game   
- They can lose to the Swans in round 23 and still play finals if the Crows lose their last two games and Collingwood, Gold Coast and West Coast all lose one of their remaining two   

If they lose next week:
- They will need to beat the Swans in round 23 and hope Adelaide loses its last two games and West Coast loses one to play finals
- They can finish as low as 12th if Collingwood, Gold Coast and the Eagles win 

Predicted finish: 10th

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-17/finals-crystal-ball-week-one-predictions

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, if we somehow sneak in the Eight, the AFL website is saying:

9. Seven other teams won't want to play Richmond in September
It might have left its run too late, but if Richmond could sneak into the top eight and qualify for this season's finals campaign, it's capable of causing some serious damage. The Tigers' seventh-straight win showcased the immense belief in the playing group that now exists, as it somehow wrestled back control of the game in the last quarter, in front of a hostile Crows' crowd. It was an effort of significant character from the Tigers and one that could be replicated in September – if they're still alive. – Harry Thring

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-17/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-21

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
I'm telling you all norf is gonna ruin this for us. They have their down game next week whereas Radelide just had their down game and will be up for norf.

Poo football sides both of them. Mentally weak
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
 :pray Richmond to win by 100 and Adelaide to lose by 100?  :pray

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

What about Richmond to win by 150 and Adelaide to lose by 50?

And Jack to kick 15 to win the Coleman

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame

What about Richmond to win by 150 and Adelaide to lose by 50?

And Jack to kick 15 to win the Coleman

I like the way you think Chuck  :thumbsup

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero

It will be Lenny Hayes' final game so if it is ever going to happen it will be then.

At least hopefully will have a big impact on margin.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

It will be Lenny Hayes' final game so if it is ever going to happen it will be then.

At least hopefully will have a big impact on margin.

Yeah right about as much impact as a worms fart

Hellenic Tiger

I'm telling you all norf is gonna ruin this for us. They have their down game next week whereas Radelide just had their down game and will be up for norf.

Poo football sides both of them. Mentally weak

Yep Wells suspended for one week Sniper Harvey going to the tribunal. If Lake got four on Petrie Harvey slammed Pickens into the ground and then choked him. Thank you in advance to that steam that rises from the turd of a footy club.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Boomer out spells trouble for us. Very bad news.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Can Richmond make the AFL finals? It’s a claw thing (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »
I saw this headline and thought OER's very own Claw had made the papers  ;D.

Can Richmond make the AFL finals? It’s a claw thing

Herald-Sun
August 18, 2014 9:29PM

EAGER Richmond supporters are daring to dream of September glory and preparing for finals football despite not yet earning a spot in the top eight.

Buoyed by a late-season winning streak, Richmond’s cheer squad has notified members of a ticket ballot to guarantee seats behind the goals should they make it.

The Tigers are ninth on the ladder and may not know their destiny until after the final home-and-away match, with percentage points and other teams’ results likely to dictate their fate.

But after seeing their team win seven straight matches for the first time since 1995 and gunning for an eighth straight win for the first time since 1980, the faithful are plotting a post-season party seemingly impossible just weeks ago.

A letter sent to official Tigers cheer squad members urged them to brace for a shot at the title: “We need to prepare ourselves for the possibility of another finals appearance ... get things ready for another ballot.”

Cheer squad member Brett Beattie said: “We’re pretty confident, we’ve had a belief for four or five weeks.”

Our three young Tigers fans were not born last time the Tigers won a final, in 2001. Hugo, 12, said: “ I’ve been hoping for finals footy for so long ... now I believe we can do it.’’

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/can-richmond-make-the-afl-finals-its-a-claw-thing/story-fnii5sms-1227028638660

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
We have put ourselves into this position so as good as our recent run of wins has been our poor start to the season has us depending upon other results to go our way, unfortunately luck has a funny way of catching up with you. Personally I think the Swans will give us a football lesson anyway so either way no finals football this year, but the last seven weeks have still been an enjoyable ride.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
HOW RICHMOND CAN MAKE THE EIGHT

* If they defeat St Kilda and Sydney:

- Will need Adelaide to lose once in the next fortnight

- Or Essendon to lose twice

- Or Essendon to lose once, but by such a margin that the percentage gap is closed

* If they defeat only St Kilda:

- Will need Adelaide to lose twice in the next fortnight

- Or Essendon to lose twice, but by such margins that the percentage gap is closed.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/tigers-eye-st-kilda-not-afl-finals-20140821-3e21s.html