Author Topic: Am I wrong??  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Am I wrong??
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
I read so many posts on here and I just have to wonder if I'm wrong

Am I wrong to watch my Tigers on the TV and cheer each goal?
Am I wrong to want to see a win at the couple of games I get to go and watch?
Am I wrong to want to sing the song at the end of a game even if it round 17 and finals our out of reach?

Well according to many here I am for the below reasons

1.   You’re an Apologist for the club and just accept crap performances for years.

Well no im not. I want to see Tigers winning premierships, I want to see the team improve, I want to see the kids get a chance when they deserve games. These things are not Mutually exclusive with us winning now, in fact I don’t ever think loosing helps these things.

2.   The draft picks are going to get worse.

We were never going to finish bottom 4 given our draw even when we were 3 and 9. Draft picks 5 – 9 was our range.  I'm sorry guys but the draft is a lottery, pick 5 or 9 can be the same guy, or could be very little difference. EVERY year EVERY club passes over some kid that turns out to be the find of the draft.  No reason to lose games.

3.    You accept a losing culture.

Oh give me a break, can anybody here define what this loosing culture is. If anybody could they would of fixed it easy by now, there is no such thing and even if there was do you honestly think losing games at the end of the season would help?

4.   You support players that will not take us further. 

How do you know this, are you some sort of fortune teller. I see things in players others don’t and visa versa. Doesn’t make me wrong to want to support most of our players and hope they do reach their potential.

Ok guys am I wrong to every week say “Go Tigers” at the start of a game and hope for a win? I wont agree with everything the club does (eg selection this year) but there is no way Im going to stop wanting us to win each week.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Am I wrong??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »

Nope.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
Geez.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:13 PM »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »
Geez.

Yes

So is Geez wrong or me  ?

Neither Fluffy, you keep on doing what your doing and one year eventually the RFC will do the right thing by us

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »
Geez Geez maybe some fans are just getting sick of the relentless and repeated god damn stuff ups by the club at the selection table, with the game plan, at draft time etc etc etc. we are told things are different now but we are still just an average side at best and thats being kind. Whats worse is from a PR perspective the club keeps trying to hide its mistakes and is dishonest with its members.

This frames the context of every game day.

its a love~hate relationship for many.

you do what you want, others will do what they need to do.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:40:56 PM »
I read so many posts on here and I just have to wonder if I'm wrong

Am I wrong to watch my Tigers on the TV and cheer each goal?
No if their opposition goals.  No if its a good young player who we are developing.  Yes if its an old hack that is list clogging and has been pulling out of contests for years.  No if it costs us a draft pick because Richmond supporters know we need every little bit of help we can get. (see sarcasm on last point, yes)

Am I wrong to want to see a win at the couple of games I get to go and watch?
Yes if its at the expense of long term success.  Yes if you want to see the club win more than a couple of games.  Yes if you only go to a couple games.  Why whine when the dedicated supporters see this poo week in week out.  No, if you don't give a stuff about the long term future of the club and just want short term appeasement.

Am I wrong to want to sing the song at the end of a game even if it round 17 and finals our out of reach?
No.  If mediocrity makes you happy, sing your lungs out.  You could have been doing it for 30 years now.  No one really cares.  You should take some music lessons to make the most out of the experience.

Be whatever you want to be.  Have a good whine about the supporters that don't accept mediocrity if you like.  Just keep the tissues handy.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
My attitude is to always support the team during games and always want to win.

I never bag players at the ground and can't stand people who do.

But I also think it is the duty of every member of any organisation to hold the management of the organisation to account.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »

But I also think it is the duty of every member of any organisation to hold the management of the organisation to account.

Good point Big Richo and I agree 100% . Unfortunately posting on a non official website doesn't really cut it as holding Management to account.  Im guilty of ranting at things the club does at times too (eg. selection this year). If only there was some way to get our points across without being so negative and denigrating people.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

Good point Big Richo and I agree 100% . Unfortunately posting on a non official website doesn't really cut it as holding Management to account.  Im guilty of ranting at things the club does at times too (eg. selection this year). If only there was some way to get our points across without being so negative and denigrating people.

Maybe you could be injected with the same stuff BJ is

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »

Ecstasy is taken by tablet,  not injected.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »

Ecstasy is taken by tablet,  not injected.

OK whatever it takes

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 03:51:12 PM »

I heard the stuff is pretty damn good just quietly.  :shh

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »
Geez Geez maybe some fans are just getting sick of the relentless and repeated god damn stuff ups by the club at the selection table, with the game plan, at draft time etc etc etc. we are told things are different now but we are still just an average side at best and thats being kind. Whats worse is from a PR perspective the club keeps trying to hide its mistakes and is dishonest with its members.

This frames the context of every game day.

its a love~hate relationship for many.

you do what you want, others will do what they need to do.

this

This season has taken the cake for me - its been too long - there is no more benefit of the doubt from me for this club, just sick and tired of their perpetual under achieveing and the seemingly never ending cycle of pooness. Over the BS excuses, over the feel good BS stories, just over it