Author Topic: Am I wrong??  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Am I wrong??
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
Geez Geez maybe some fans are just getting sick of the relentless and repeated god damn stuff ups by the club at the selection table, with the game plan, at draft time etc etc etc. we are told things are different now but we are still just an average side at best and thats being kind. Whats worse is from a PR perspective the club keeps trying to hide its mistakes and is dishonest with its members.

This frames the context of every game day.

its a love~hate relationship for many.

you do what you want, others will do what they need to do.

this

This season has taken the cake for me - its been too long - there is no more benefit of the doubt from me for this club, just sick and tired of their perpetual under achieveing and the seemingly never ending cycle of pooness. Over the BS excuses, over the feel good BS stories, just over it

I can understand that but I am really struggling to understand why if people are so "over it" they keep posting and coming back here. This question is probably at the heart of my initial post and not directed specifically at you tony_montana.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
all good FT, each to their own - I don't want to see us lose games purposely and each time the team takes to the field I want to see them play well but...

Why are we playing Morris with a bung shoulder? Why wasn't he sent in for a reco 8 weeks ago when our season was shot? It takes a good 6 months to fully regain strength from a shoulder reco, he could've been ready for day 1 of preseason, now if he does have a reco he'll miss most of the preseason and be underdone for 2015..

Why aren't we getting more games into the likes of Arnott, Lennon, McDonough, Darrou, Helbig etc? Instead we're moving heaven and earth to win dead rubbers against weak opposition with experienced bit part recycled players, why? to be able to then use it for marketing purposes "look out 2015!" when realistically we'd get more out of playing the kids and finding out a bit more about them which would only benefit us in the long term anyway. Every club does this, every single club except us, why? Its infuriating and just shows the club has no idea OR they care more for the dollars now than the medium long term viability of the side.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 04:36:35 PM »
My attitude is to always support the team during games and always want to win.

I never bag players at the ground and can't stand people who do.

But I also think it is the duty of every member of any organisation to hold the management of the organisation to account.

Good point Big Richo and I agree 100% . Unfortunately posting on a non official website doesn't really cut it as holding Management to account.  Im guilty of ranting at things the club does at times too (eg. selection this year). If only there was some way to get our points across without being so negative and denigrating people.

I actually think these forums are an excellent way of getting things brought into the spotlight.

The club monitor them and the media certainly use forums often for stories and opinion.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
all good FT, each to their own - I don't want to see us lose games purposely and each time the team takes to the field I want to see them play well but...

Why are we playing Morris with a bung shoulder? Why wasn't he sent in for a reco 8 weeks ago when our season was shot? It takes a good 6 months to fully regain strength from a shoulder reco, he could've been ready for day 1 of preseason, now if he does have a reco he'll miss most of the preseason and be underdone for 2015..

Why aren't we getting more games into the likes of Arnott, Lennon, McDonough, Darrou, Helbig etc? Instead we're moving heaven and earth to win dead rubbers against weak opposition with experienced bit part recycled players, why? to be able to then use it for marketing purposes "look out 2015!" when realistically we'd get more out of playing the kids and finding out a bit more about them which would only benefit us in the long term anyway. Every club does this, every single club except us, why? Its infuriating and just shows the club has no idea OR they care more for the dollars now than the medium long term viability of the side.

See your not really over it, you do care.   :)    Agree with most of that (a couple of the players we maybe not on same page). We are never going to agree with everything the club does, as far as Im concerned though I would much rather watch this group of players than what was here when Hardwick took over. There is a positive in that, I get the feeling some here would rather be back then or are just happier belting the club. I love my Tigers, always will. Good, bad and ugly. Doesn't mean I don't want to see improvements though.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:20 PM »
The club monitor them and the media certainly use forums often for stories and opinion.

Really?, some of the posters here better pick up their act then, sometimes they are nothing short of embarrasing

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »

:clapping :clapping

Excellent post Tony.

FLuffy Tiger: I appreciate your view too.

For me it's been pretty simple. I don't like losing (hate it actually) but I can handle it if I can see the direction the club is heading in and as long as they are honest with the members. This is the first time I can remember being so disillusioned with the club. Been disappointed before but this year it is the spin that hurt the most. I just feel like they treated us as fools.

Sadly this year try as I might I don't see the direction. The selections all season have been baffling, frustrating and at times downright pathetic.

We get told we don't gift games anymore but for the majority of the season games have been gifted. Selection has proven it time and time again.

We've had so much spin, incredibly painful spin. When things were at their lowest the spin was simply dishonest mumbo jumbo. And it changed on week to week basis

Now because we've won a few games they start actually telling the truth in that they are saying what they should have said after the Melb loss, after the N0rt loss. Why wait until round 18? That's what I mean when I talk about dishonesty.

I love this Club, always have always will. But right now I dont respect it and that's going to take time to get it back. Balls in the club's court

Do I go to games wanting to win? Sort of I go to games wanting us to show fight, courage and desperation. Give me those and the results usually take care of themselves.

But I will never begrudge or criticise anyone who wants to cheer on every goal, wants a win. It's just for me right now i am so "numb" to it all that I just go to games, no expectation, no passion, I just go to catch up with friends. Nothing more nothing less
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:58:40 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »

Totally agree. We need to develop if we are to progress and that means investing in youth in the draft, giving younger players the chance to develop and not continuing to play mediocre players who are not the future. Everyone on this site wants us to be a successful club. By accepting mediocrity the club will never develop in the right direction.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
Basically, Fluffy, your view is soft as pee.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
Basically, Fluffy, your view is soft as pee.

Yeah, you could say its very "Fluffy".  Thing is it not soft, it was not exactly easy to come out and say "Hey why are you all so negative?". knowing you will cop a belting.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
well, firstly ur not copping a belting.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »
well, firstly ur not copping a belting.

All the big hitters not had a shot yet , lol

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 05:10:04 PM »
Actually rate this thread and almost all of the posts.
It's a good debate - actually hard to disagree with a lot of posts.
Goes to show you the Tigers are a pretty polarising club - which is an issue for them be it this forum, the board room or at the AGM.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »
Totally agree. We need to develop if we are to progress and that means investing in youth in the draft, giving younger players the chance to develop and not continuing to play mediocre players who are not the future. Everyone on this site wants us to be a successful club. By accepting mediocrity the club will never develop in the right direction.

And that leads to another pile of crap they tried to sell (and succeeded with some).
The reason why we took only ONE junior in the last draft was because of a compromised draft. CRAP

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 07:34:59 PM »

See your not really over it, you do care.   :)   

Fluffy, following Richmond as a supporter for anyone in their late 30s or older is like having a disfunctional child. just because you are over it doesnt mean you dont care. its not like the extreme post 9/11 George Bush view that you are either for us or against us.

theres a caring yet responsible and measured middle ground. accountability is everything.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
if you follow some of the sheep here they will lead you too the cliff & go over.

Do what you feel right. No-one but you pays your membership  ;D