Author Topic: Am I wrong??  (Read 3333 times)

the claw

Re: Am I wrong??
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 09:30:27 PM »
I read so many posts on here and I just have to wonder if I'm wrong

Am I wrong to watch my Tigers on the TV and cheer each goal?
Am I wrong to want to see a win at the couple of games I get to go and watch?
Am I wrong to want to sing the song at the end of a game even if it round 17 and finals our out of reach?

Well according to many here I am for the below reasons

1.   You’re an Apologist for the club and just accept crap performances for years.

Well no im not. I want to see Tigers winning premierships, I want to see the team improve, I want to see the kids get a chance when they deserve games. These things are not Mutually exclusive with us winning now, in fact I don’t ever think loosing helps these things.

2.   The draft picks are going to get worse.

We were never going to finish bottom 4 given our draw even when we were 3 and 9. Draft picks 5 – 9 was our range.  I'm sorry guys but the draft is a lottery, pick 5 or 9 can be the same guy, or could be very little difference. EVERY year EVERY club passes over some kid that turns out to be the find of the draft.  No reason to lose games.

3.    You accept a losing culture.

Oh give me a break, can anybody here define what this loosing culture is. If anybody could they would of fixed it easy by now, there is no such thing and even if there was do you honestly think losing games at the end of the season would help?

4.   You support players that will not take us further. 

How do you know this, are you some sort of fortune teller. I see things in players others don’t and visa versa. Doesn’t make me wrong to want to support most of our players and hope they do reach their potential.

Ok guys am I wrong to every week say “Go Tigers” at the start of a game and hope for a win? I wont agree with everything the club does (eg selection this year) but there is no way Im going to stop wanting us to win each week.
im probably one this is aimed at.
believe it or not fluffy
i watch the tiges on tv and cheer em.
i go to some games and defend the bejeezus out of em and want to win when im there.
no i dont want to sing the song its for kiddies imo but i can see why people do.
thing is im a realist and when im not in game day mode (which by the way is becoming even less as i for the first time in my life have refused to even watch em) , when the dust has settled and i look at things dispassionately then i imo rightly bag em.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

Am I wrong to want to sing the song at the end of a game even if it round 17 and finals our out of reach?

1.   You’re an Apologist for the club and just accept crap performances for years.

Well no im not. I want to see Tigers winning premierships, I want to see the team improve, I want to see the kids get a chance when they deserve games. These things are not Mutually exclusive with us winning now, in fact I don’t ever think loosing helps these things.

We were never going to finish bottom 4 given our draw even when we were 3 and 9. Draft picks 5 – 9 was our range.  I'm sorry guys but the draft is a lottery, pick 5 or 9 can be the same guy, or could be very little difference. EVERY year EVERY club passes over some kid that turns out to be the find of the draft.  No reason to lose games.

Oh give me a break, can anybody here define what this loosing culture is. If anybody could they would of fixed it easy by now, there is no such thing and even if there was do you honestly think losing games at the end of the season would help?

How do you know this, are you some sort of fortune teller. I see things in players others don’t and visa versa. Doesn’t make me wrong to want to support most of our players and hope they do reach their potential.

Ok guys am I wrong to every week say “Go Tigers” at the start of a game and hope for a win? I wont agree with everything the club does (eg selection this year) but there is no way Im going to stop wanting us to win each week.
believe it or not fluffy
i go to some games and defend the bejeezus out of em and want to win when im there.
no i dont want to sing the song its for kiddies imo but i can see why people do.
thing is im a realist and when im not in game day mode (which by the way is becoming even less as i for the first time in my life have refused to even watch em) , when the dust has settled and i look at things dispassionately then i imo rightly bag em.
i doubt this is directed at you. Whilst you can be strong in your opinions I don't think I've seen you say any of that about a fellow fan.

Agree about the song part though I will yell yellow and black at Carlton and bummer flogs.  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »
These things are not Mutually exclusive with us winning now

u sure?

I'm sorry guys but the draft is a lottery

u sure?

can anybody here define what this loosing culture is. If anybody could they would of fixed it easy by now

u sure?

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
These things are not Mutually exclusive with us winning now

u sure?

I'm sorry guys but the draft is a lottery

u sure?

can anybody here define what this loosing culture is. If anybody could they would of fixed it easy by now

u sure?

Yes, Yes and Yes
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:38 PM »
l can define the losing culture to you very simply.

The culture was started by the club who cut off those who dripped blood for the club. Those who gave the club 100% service for very little reward & then were snubbed like they never existed as the ruthless admin knew better. This culture has been going on at the club since the 50's & was ruthless. Players were traded for other players who gave little or nothing to the club or had already played most of their career. You don't have to look very hard as some of the icon's who have turned their backs on the club like happened to them. l won't stress on all the names but you can see these people over decades working for other clubs which has helped keep us down. Now if the club had taken a better approach & done things a little better, We would not have to bring people from other clubs to coach ours when we have had Tommy Hafey, John Northey, Kevin Bartlett, Neil Balme, Mick Malthouse, Kevin Sheedy, Leon Cameron, Matthew Knights, Duncan Kellaway, Robert Wiley, Chris Bond, Joel Bowden & the many others who could have worked at some capacity at Tigerland except we get people like Geishien, Frawley, Wallace, & forget the rest of them. But our practise by the admin sent us broke & we have struggled ever since.

& that folks is why our club is where it is today,  & it will have to fight darn hard with everyone at the club & outside supporting the club to win another premiership.  We must all be strong & believe as there are other clubs out there like Melbourne, St-Kilda, Western Bulldogs, who want the same.  When you hear the Collingwood supporters mouthing off & saying how much of a good club they are.  Just remind them 2 premierships since 1958 is nothing to brag about & proves money don't buy premierships.  They are no better off then some of the other clubs who longed premierships.  Richmond have had more success with premierships.  l prefer to miss the grand final then to bare the losses they had  ;D

Keep the Believe. We are going in the right direction. New complex & training facility, New Oval & the largest supporter base the Tigers have ever had in record numbers. Show some passion & show some believe because when it's our time we can enjoy it because premierships are so darn hard to win. l have played in teams where we were the best team all year but lost the premiership. That is how bloody hard they are to win. Hardwick knows how to win premierships & that is why l will stick by him while he is coach.

:gotigers

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »
l can define the losing culture to you very simply.

The culture was started by the club who cut off those who dripped blood for the club. Those who gave the club 100% service for very little reward & then were snubbed like they never existed as the ruthless admin knew better. This culture has been going on at the club since the 50's & was ruthless. Players were traded for other players who gave little or nothing to the club or had already played most of their career. You don't have to look very hard as some of the icon's who have turned their backs on the club like happened to them. l won't stress on all the names but you can see these people over decades working for other clubs which has helped keep us down. Now if the club had taken a better approach & done things a little better, We would not have to bring people from other clubs to coach ours when we have had Tommy Hafey, John Northey, Kevin Bartlett, Neil Balme, Mick Malthouse, Kevin Sheedy, Leon Cameron, Matthew Knights, Duncan Kellaway, Robert Wiley, Chris Bond, Joel Bowden & the many others who could have worked at some capacity at Tigerland except we get people like Geishien, Frawley, Wallace, & forget the rest of them. But our practise by the admin sent us broke & we have struggled ever since.

& that folks is why our club is where it is today,  & it will have to fight darn hard with everyone at the club & outside supporting the club to win another premiership.  We must all be strong & believe as there are other clubs out there like Melbourne, St-Kilda, Western Bulldogs, who want the same.  When you hear the Collingwood supporters mouthing off & saying how much of a good club they are.  Just remind them 2 premierships since 1958 is nothing to brag about & proves money don't buy premierships.  They are no better off then some of the other clubs who longed premierships.  Richmond have had more success with premierships.  l prefer to miss the grand final then to bare the losses they had  ;D

Keep the Believe. We are going in the right direction. New complex & training facility, New Oval & the largest supporter base the Tigers have ever had in record numbers. Show some passion & show some believe because when it's our time we can enjoy it because premierships are so darn hard to win. l have played in teams where we were the best team all year but lost the premiership. That is how bloody hard they are to win. Hardwick knows how to win premierships & that is why l will stick by him while he is coach.

Great post Tigermonk.

Ill still dispute the losing culture thing though. You have correctly stated some of our history but a Club is just a collection of people. For there to be this "culture" many within the group must posses it. Who at the club now has this culture?  I honestly think this term is banded about without any thought as to what it really means. Its a made up term ,probably some journalist come up with it.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »
believe it or not fluffy
My post was not aimed at anybody claw. You make many good points in your posts. Its more a general feeling that even though we are all Tigers supporters, not many post are supportive. I was sort of feeling like OER sort of had become a place to come and bag the tigers and that I really didnt belong here. A moment of total frustration at the lack of support for the Tigers. Im getting over it now. :)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »

Mate, just ignore those wankers on this forum.

They call themselves RFC supporters when we're winning, and the moment things get ugly they jump ship and start telling you it's your fault for loving them regardless.

Diehards like you are the best. You care for winning every week and you love the club for good or bad. Keep it up.

Personally I'm loving the winning streak at the moment. I don't care that we can't make finals. I'm getting to games and enjoying them again. Everyone else can shove their pessimistic opinions up their butts where their heads are.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »

Mate, just ignore those wankers on this forum.

They call themselves RFC supporters when we're winning, and the moment things get ugly they jump ship and start telling you it's your fault for loving them regardless.

Diehards like you are the best. You care for winning every week and you love the club for good or bad. Keep it up.

Personally I'm loving the winning streak at the moment. I don't care that we can't make finals. I'm getting to games and enjoying them again. Everyone else can shove their pessimistic opinions up their butts where their heads are.

Great post  :clapping

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 04:13:07 PM »
some people seethe bigger picture.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
I won't criticise you for doing what you feel is right.
I won't criticise the others who do what they think is right.

Everyone looks at our situation and thinks about different ways of getting out of it. 

Footy isn't that hard a game.  The winner is generally the team who works hardest for longest. If you don't chase hard, tackle hard and man your opponent you usually lose. If you don't run hard to make position when you have the ball and put space between you and the opposition then you generally put the kicker under pressure to find a target successfully. You probably won't win if you fail to make that effort too.

So whether you decide to try to develop youngsters to do just that (and accept losses in doing so) or ask your older players to do that and start winning, both groups want to head in the same eventual direction.

The truth is NOBODY knows the right answer for sure.  So keep doing what you are doing because in the end we all love the tiges, and that is why we post here, go to games and pay our hard earned. :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 06:08:44 PM »
I won't criticise you for doing what you feel is right.
I won't criticise the others who do what they think is right.

Everyone looks at our situation and thinks about different ways of getting out of it. 

Footy isn't that hard a game.  The winner is generally the team who works hardest for longest. If you don't chase hard, tackle hard and man your opponent you usually lose. If you don't run hard to make position when you have the ball and put space between you and the opposition then you generally put the kicker under pressure to find a target successfully. You probably won't win if you fail to make that effort too.

So whether you decide to try to develop youngsters to do just that (and accept losses in doing so) or ask your older players to do that and start winning, both groups want to head in the same eventual direction.

The truth is NOBODY knows the right answer for sure.  So keep doing what you are doing because in the end we all love the tiges, and that is why we post here, go to games and pay our hard earned. :gotigers

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »
I want my tigers to win every week,to never lose,to never tank.......
Fluffy support the tiges proud and loud

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
I think the problem is some people (mainly the negative ones) don't understand balanced opinion. If you fairly criticize player A for not playing up the standard required you are seen as a Richmond hater but if you fairly praise player B for playing a good game whether it be their 3rd good game out of 100 you are a Richmond lover and are the reason the club has a losing culture. You can watch Richmond and hope they win and have fair criticisms of certain players or aspects of the game lose win or draw. The problem is one person expresses one opinion and the people start bashing them for being a Richmond lover/hater.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 07:09:09 PM »
some people seethe bigger picture.

Thank you.

Come to think of it, it's like, I dunno......this thread is specifically aimed at me.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018