Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 200090 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »
Lets go after Tom Mitchell instead. 10 year player as opposed to a 1 year stopgap.

But wheres the logic in that?  ::)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »
Agree O'Keefe is a fantastic player but he is on the wrong side of 30. We need younger players that are capable of development. The side at the moment is a bit off being a premiership winning side.

the claw

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 05:56:33 PM »
lmao at some people. talk about all over the shop and no consistency.

i dont get it with some. there is nothing wrong with taking mature players for one or two seasons, if they are high quality even better.in taking them there is nothing to stop you from taking a good quantity of kids preferably with as many early to mid range nd picks as you can get.
the way people carry on you would think if you do one you cant do the other.

we must continue to value add for the right reasons and at the right times. nothing wrong with short term fixes at all. it only becomes wrong if you ignore the nd and kids in a substantial way.like we did last yr. im still stewing over the stupidity and lack of consistent good process.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 06:13:10 PM »
For those that like recruiting Carlton's ruckmen  :P, Robbie Warnock is on the outer at Princes Park ...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/writing-on-the-wall-for-carltons-robert-warnock-20140730-zymkh.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »
Lets go after Tom Mitchell instead. 10 year player as opposed to a 1 year stopgap.

Agree, but I reckon the blues will be in his ear  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
Would love O'Keefe
Just a shame we already carrying a troop of mature discards
Instead of a gun

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 07:07:39 PM »

i dont get it with some. there is nothing wrong with taking mature players for one or two seasons, if they are high quality even better.in taking them there is nothing to stop you from taking a good quantity of kids preferably with as many early to mid range nd picks as you can get.

we must continue to value add for the right reasons and at the right times. nothing wrong with short term fixes at all. it only becomes wrong if you ignore the nd and kids in a substantial way.like we did last yr. im still stewing over the stupidity and lack of consistent good process.

100% agree with u on the all of that except your attack on posters. Makes u come across as a pretentious wanker.
I think the issue is , as you stated perfectly  ' add value for the right reasons at the right times '
We've gone down the recycled , older players path for a while now. It's not the time to be going after Higgins and a 34 year old O'Keefe. We drafted basically no kids last year and it might come back to bite us. If we're gonna go after a player we should make it a young potential gun. Surely Anthony Miles season should show our recruiters what can be achieved with youth ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 07:12:28 PM »

Of course Hardwick wants him. He's a 34 year old who's been playing reserves football all season. Fit's Hardwick's recruiting criteria perfectly.

Sorry Dice but can't agree

Would be a good pick up

Far better player than Grigg, Houli, Thomas to name 3

He's a champion player, a gun IMHO and he would offer a lot even at 34
Rubbish, next you'll put Richo up there for a comeback, row is now as slow as a wet week, games past him, we re not playing neafl
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »

100% agree with u on the all of that except your attack on posters. Makes u come across as a pretentious wanker.
I think the issue is , as you stated perfectly  ' add value for the right reasons at the right times '
We've gone down the recycled , older players path for a while now. It's not the time to be going after Higgins and a 34 year old O'Keefe. We drafted basically no kids last year and it might come back to bite us. If we're gonna go after a player we should make it a young potential gun. Surely Anthony Miles season should show our recruiters what can be achieved with youth ?
those posters you talk of like to dish it out. if they dish it out they sure as hell can expect to get a little something back every now and then.

when a few of em are prepared to acknowledge when they get things wrong which is most of the time.  or when a few of them grow the balls and decency to say you were right on that one. which is yet to happen and sort of shows who the pretensious twats are maybe then i will refrain from the very rare bit of how does one say it oh yeah pretentiousness.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »
For those that like recruiting Carlton's ruckmen  :P, Robbie Warnock is on the outer at Princes Park ...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/writing-on-the-wall-for-carltons-robert-warnock-20140730-zymkh.html
He has the skill of a mountain goat and the agility of a tram , no thanks, makes Hampson,look like Polly farmer  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »
 I think Ryan O'Keefe would be a good pick up. The thing with older players are not all 33 year olds bodies are the same. Some blokes are just fitter and more durable.
I remember reading a while back that this bloke is a freak athlete, he would ride to training (not sure how far but it was a decent ride) then train, then ride home. Just super fit!
Heard also today that on  his one day off training from the Swans every week he does cross training with 'I loves you all' Jeff Fenech.
If we got rid of a couple of other duds I'd be happy to have him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
I think Ryan O'Keefe would be a good pick up. The thing with older players are not all 33 year olds bodies are the same. Some blokes are just fitter and more durable.
I remember reading a while back that this bloke is a freak athlete, he would ride to training (not sure how far but it was a decent ride) then train, then ride home. Just super fit!
Heard also today that on  his one day off training from the Swans every week he does cross training with 'I loves you all' Jeff Fenech.

Exactly: Thank you  :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 09:13:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind O'Keefe if it meant he could teach us how to demand winning. No interest if it came to a bidding war though.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »
Once again O'Keefe would be a fine pick-up if the list didn't already contain multiple mature aged wasted picks.

If we didn't take proven mediocre players at AFL level like A Edwards, Stephenson, Thomas, Hampson, et al and think that somehow they will magically change when they walk in the door of Richmond, and took proven guns like O'Keefe, Chapman et al when we needed to fill a list gap, I'd be a lot happier.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 10:53:10 PM »

Exactly: Thank you  :clapping :clapping

Disagree completely. Would be a massive recruiting faux pax.

Richmond need raw line speed, goal kicking ability and defensive pressure in the forward half not overage single season players (for RFC) that have had better days at their previous clubs.