Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 200506 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »
Last year Carscum supporters were giving it to ya got taking Hampson and saying Warnick is the best. Hampson > Warnock
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 11:28:16 PM »
I think Ryan O'Keefe would be a good pick up. The thing with older players are not all 33 year olds bodies are the same. Some blokes are just fitter and more durable.
I remember reading a while back that this bloke is a freak athlete, he would ride to training (not sure how far but it was a decent ride) then train, then ride home. Just super fit!
Heard also today that on  his one day off training from the Swans every week he does cross training with 'I loves you all' Jeff Fenech.
If we got rid of a couple of other duds I'd be happy to have him.

Exactly: Thank you  :clapping :clapping

Disagree completely. Would be a massive recruiting faux pax.

Richmond need raw line speed, goal kicking ability and defensive pressure in the forward half not overage single season players (for RFC) that have had better days at their previous clubs.
So you would prefer Grigg, Hampson, A. Edwards, Petterd,and Thomas on our list then Ryan O'Keefe, and 4 kids?
That's all we are saying, I could handle one 33 guy who has been in a good culture all his footballing days that is still super fit as long as we got rid of some other list cloggers. He would easily be in our best 22. We still need all these other things you mention but one spot on a bloke like O'Keefe wouldn't hurt in any way.
The sad thing about it is we haven't got the pills to get rid of the blokes I mentioned..
We need guys that are going to make a difference not guys that just play rolls occasionally.
IMO you keep the A graders- Cotch, Lids, Jack, Martin, Rance.
Keep the B graders and young talent- Vlaustin, Grimes, Ellis, Dea, Maric, Miles, Vickory, Conca, McBean, Lennon, Morris and Foley.
And get rid of those nothing types and bring in kids and turn them over if they don't show something pretty quick.
I'd get rid of the 5 I mentioned over the next 2 years as well as  Big O, Newman, Batchelor, Houli, Knights, Jackson, Griffiths, Helbig, Gordon and O'Hanlon.
The others are lucky.
We have a pretty good core group of 17 and some kids that have shown something but still could go either way but then two many nothing types.  Time to turn this list around.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »
Haven't we got all those duds signed up though tone? FFS.  :banghead

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 04:28:57 AM »
Callum Sinclair  from the eagles would be a good get for us with Big O set to retire and Hampson not up to it.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »

think 3 of the 5 are

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
only grigg and hampson as far as im aware.

the claw

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
Callum Sinclair  from the eagles would be a good get for us with Big O set to retire and Hampson not up to it.
have only been calling for us to have a crack at sinclair, lycett and mcgovern for the last two yrs.  too late now all three are now on the list proper and required players.
two seasons ago none of em were getting a go and it didnt look like they would get much of a chance.
i think lycett is off back home to p/a.  besides the club and most supporters seem to think our tall stocks are just fine

I think Ryan O'Keefe would be a good pick up. The thing with older players are not all 33 year olds bodies are the same. Some blokes are just fitter and more durable.
I remember reading a while back that this bloke is a freak athlete, he would ride to training (not sure how far but it was a decent ride) then train, then ride home. Just super fit!
Heard also today that on  his one day off training from the Swans every week he does cross training with 'I loves you all' Jeff Fenech.
If we got rid of a couple of other duds I'd be happy to have him.

Exactly: Thank you  :clapping :clapping

Disagree completely. Would be a massive recruiting faux pax.

Richmond need raw line speed, goal kicking ability and defensive pressure in the forward half not overage single season players (for RFC) that have had better days at their previous clubs.
So you would prefer Grigg, Hampson, A. Edwards, Petterd,and Thomas on our list then Ryan O'Keefe, and 4 kids?
That's all we are saying, I could handle one 33 guy who has been in a good culture all his footballing days that is still super fit as long as we got rid of some other list cloggers. He would easily be in our best 22. We still need all these other things you mention but one spot on a bloke like O'Keefe wouldn't hurt in any way.
The sad thing about it is we haven't got the pills to get rid of the blokes I mentioned..
We need guys that are going to make a difference not guys that just play rolls occasionally.
IMO you keep the A graders- Cotch, Lids, Jack, Martin, Rance.
Keep the B graders and young talent- Vlaustin, Grimes, Ellis, Dea, Maric, Miles, Vickory, Conca, McBean, Lennon, Morris and Foley.
And get rid of those nothing types and bring in kids and turn them over if they don't show something pretty quick.
I'd get rid of the 5 I mentioned over the next 2 years as well as  Big O, Newman, Batchelor, Houli, Knights, Jackson, Griffiths, Helbig, Gordon and O'Hanlon.
The others are lucky.
We have a pretty good core group of 17 and some kids that have shown something but still could go either way but then two many nothing types.  Time to turn this list around.

would argue the rating on a lot of those players. especially those B graders. lots of battlers in that group. but hey i suppose thats where i differ from most posters i think the list is rubbish.
based on what has been dished up over a sustained period the following is what id be aiming to turn over,  over the next  three or four seasons.. i havent mentioned some especially younger blokes who havent shown much and may go either way likey the wrong way.

grimes, dea, vickery, foley ret, banfield, batchelor, chaplin ret , darrou, edwards ret, edwards, gordon, griffiths, grigg, hampson, helbig,houli, jackson ret, king ret , knights, lloyd, maric ret, newman ret, ohanlon ,petterd, stephenson ret, thomas, williams.

the claw

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »
no to okeefe i say. after all he would cost too much a f/a ffs and he would be overpaid at 4ook a yr im gobsmacked these excuses not to take him have not yet been trotted out.
cmon people anyone over 24yrs is just too old for us lol.

ffs if chapman goddard arent good enough for us why would okeefe be. after all we dont need quality players we have enough and we will get plenty more in the nd hhhhaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »
no to okeefe i say. after all he would cost too much a f/a ffs and he would be overpaid at 4ook a yr im gobsmacked these excuses not to take him have not yet been trotted out.
cmon people anyone over 24yrs is just too old for us lol.

ffs if chapman goddard arent good enough for us why would okeefe be. after all we dont need quality players we have enough and we will get plenty more in the nd hhhhaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh.
we'd probably be sitting in the 8 right now if we had got chapman
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
have only been calling for us to have a crack at sinclair, lycett

Freo have got a surplus. Sandilands , Zac Clarke  , Jack Hannath , Jon Griffin , Michael Apeness.
Any of them worth looking at Claw ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
theres still time I guess for is to to get it done.  ::)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »
Once again O'Keefe would be a fine pick-up if the list didn't already contain multiple mature aged wasted picks.

If we didn't take proven mediocre players at AFL level like A Edwards, Stephenson, Thomas, Hampson, et al and think that somehow they will magically change when they walk in the door of Richmond, and took proven guns like O'Keefe, Chapman et al when we needed to fill a list gap, I'd be a lot happier.

well articulated

the claw

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 06:15:48 PM »
have only been calling for us to have a crack at sinclair, lycett

Freo have got a surplus. Sandilands , Zac Clarke  , Jack Hannath , Jon Griffin , Michael Apeness.
Any of them worth looking at Claw ?
i do recall wanting us to take hannath as a rookie. as a project player hes tracking along okay. but hes happy at freo. jon griffin wont go anywhere he left adelaide to come home wont get many opportunities here but i think hes happy with that..sandilands is untoiuchable and will retire a docker.clarke has been resigned and is going nowhere.
havent watched much of apeness but he is well thought of over here. more of a fwd/ruck. ffs they only drafted him last yr with their first round pick dont like our chances of prising him away.
they also have moller on the rookie list.
dont think sandi and griffin are far away from retirement so freo wont be wanting to let go of the other three in a hurry. i dont get the feeling any of those mentioned feel like they are missing out on getting games atm

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2014, 06:18:48 PM »

This weeks Inside Football mag, Ricky Petterd isn't listed as being one of ours coming out of contract

I thought I had read somewhere he got a 2year deal when he was promoted.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »
Once again O'Keefe would be a fine pick-up if the list didn't already contain multiple mature aged wasted picks.

If we didn't take proven mediocre players at AFL level like A Edwards, Stephenson, Thomas, Hampson, et al and think that somehow they will magically change when they walk in the door of Richmond, and took proven guns like O'Keefe, Chapman et al when we needed to fill a list gap, I'd be a lot happier.
you do realise theres a very good chance that many of the mediocre mature players will be cut.

newman, king  already gone, a edwards  will either retire or be cut, stephenson will retire or be cut.petterd is out of contract and could be cut if need be. banfield is a mature player will likely get cut. throw in 3 or 4 of the batchelors deas helbigs  etc who arent exactly kids and surely we can make room for one or two quality older players.

the following yr your houlis griggs thomas gordon lloyd come into the gunsights.

id be okay with us taking 5 or 6 kids  and 3 or 4 mature players of which one or two could be 28 plus.