Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218203 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #915 on: October 09, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »
Anthony Hudson just said on SEN that we're trying to get another late 1st round pick.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #916 on: October 09, 2014, 09:07:33 PM »
i dunno how all the bullpoo works - but hes contracted until 2017 October, so i dont think we'll have him walk out next year realistically

id still be wanting something closer to the judd deal. going by the last game him and rance are the only ones that can play

dwaino

« Reply #917 on: October 09, 2014, 09:14:43 PM »
Anthony Hudson just said on SEN that we're trying to get another late 1st round pick.

That would be awesome. What the hell have we got to trade though? As much of a gimp as Vickery is, he could fetch that sort of value but apparently we're not trading him. Can't see how else we get that done.

the claw

« Reply #918 on: October 09, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
most doggies support would prefer to keep ze captain
im sure they dont no one has said they do.
but what do you think they would prefer given what griffen has said.

picks 4 and 7 this yr or concievably a f/a pick maybe 2nd rounder at the end of next yr when he becomes a f/a.
personally i think it an ideal time for the wb to do a trade like this.

3 to 5 yrs before they could truly challenge for a flag,  in 3 to 5 yrs time  picks 4 6 and 7 coming into their prime or griffen at age 32 33 about to retire and past it.

the claw

« Reply #919 on: October 09, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »

That would be awesome. What the hell have we got to trade though? As much of a gimp as Vickery is, he could fetch that sort of value but apparently we're not trading him. Can't see how else we get that done.
agree that would be great. but i also cant see how. can only be a contracted player being offered up.

tony_montana

« Reply #920 on: October 09, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »
Theres no way they'll give the doggies 2 top 10 picks for a 28 y/o with a chronic back. Griff is a jet at his best but...
the thinking is they will give up pick 4 and use pick 7 they get from carlton for jaksch. they have jack steele already and paid unders for him with 23, they will still have 19, 20 and 40.
they dont have a worry about kids their list is full of em they need quality mature players and griffen is exactly thaqt.

what would you want for deledio in the same circumstances.

pick 4 plus 2 players, a shiel type and Tomlinson/jaksch
so in effect your asking for more than 4 and 7 for deledio for similarly performed players in griffen and deledio.would not think we would get pick 4 and two very high calibre players.

given the hypothetical circumstance id be over the moon with picks 4 and 7 for deledio given we could end up with little if he went into f/a.

I reckon that's fair -  Shiel is worth around the 10-12 mark - Tomlinson 15-18 - both very good players though so 4 plus those 2 would be fair for Deledio who is worth more than Griff given he doesn't have a crook back and is a year younger

tony_montana

« Reply #921 on: October 09, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

Conca maybe?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #922 on: October 09, 2014, 09:21:54 PM »

thank u Geez

most doggies support would prefer to keep ze captain
im sure they dont no one has said they do.
but what do you think they would prefer given what griffen has said.

picks 4 and 7 this yr or concievably a f/a pick maybe 2nd rounder at the end of next yr when he becomes a f/a.
personally i think it an ideal time for the wb to do a trade like this.

3 to 5 yrs before they could truly challenge for a flag,  in 3 to 5 yrs time  picks 4 6 and 7 coming into their prime or griffen at age 32 33 about to retire and past it.

fair enough

i have not paid much attention what griff has said nor the reaction of doggies fans

Conca maybe?

Ellis is my mail.  :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #923 on: October 09, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »

Conca maybe?

That's who I'd be offering up if not Vickery but you'd think it would be unlikely after Richardson publicly stated more inside mids are a priority.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Gigantor

« Reply #924 on: October 09, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »
conca has shocking skills and is more a liability in the pivot

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #925 on: October 09, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
Hot word is it's indeed Vickery. Watch this space
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #926 on: October 09, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »
i welcome our new overlord angus hampson  :bow

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #927 on: October 09, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
Wouldn't do Vickery for end of first rounder unless we absolutely 100% know it's gonna be a gun midfielder
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #928 on: October 09, 2014, 09:54:50 PM »
Wouldn't do Vickery for end of first rounder unless we absolutely 100% know it's gonna be a gun midfielder

A gun midfielder who can throw a good jumper punch would be good

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #929 on: October 09, 2014, 10:45:46 PM »
not a good idea to get rid of vickery for a pick in the low 20's because Mr FJ will stuff up as usual.

Claw i respect your peaces but it doesnt matter what late first or second rounders you get until FJ is sacked the only chance we have is top end picks 1-10, where his strike rate is high as most clubs dont stuff them up these days. If anything i would target buldogs pick 4 and they can have vickery and we get their 20 odd pick.

Conca is a very average footballer and lets be honest id take low 20's in the hope we find someone better than him which wont be all that hard

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.