Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218229 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #930 on: October 09, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
most doggies support would prefer to keep ze captain
im sure they dont no one has said they do.
but what do you think they would prefer given what griffen has said.

picks 4 and 7 this yr or concievably a f/a pick maybe 2nd rounder at the end of next yr when he becomes a f/a.
personally i think it an ideal time for the wb to do a trade like this.

3 to 5 yrs before they could truly challenge for a flag,  in 3 to 5 yrs time  picks 4 6 and 7 coming into their prime or griffen at age 32 33 about to retire and past it.

30 'likes'

Lel, that's it, we're cooked for another 5 years. I'm out. Our stuffing captain wants to bail. We're done. So stuffing done.
EDIT: Okay I've sort of calmed down now but not really.
Ryan Griffen is a huge stuffing part of the team. I've always noticed that Libba isn't as good when Griffen isn't there. WE aren't as good when Griffen isn't there. We've finally got this gun midfield team and now our stuffing CAPTAIN wants out? And not to go for premiership glory with Hawthorn or Sydney, but the stuffing Giants? This means he's so unhappy there he's willing to go to a club in a similar if not worse position than us.
I don't know who we trade but it better be stuffing Cameron or bust. stuff it, it doesn't matter. If Griffen goes we're cooked. Seriously. stuff I'm upset. We get no glory for 60 years and have to take our beatings year in, year out, and every time we look good we get cut down one way or another. I'm so over it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #931 on: October 10, 2014, 04:02:52 AM »
Josh Mahoney told Trade Radio that the Demons were confident a three-way trade involving the Pies and Cats would eventuate in the coming days. The proposed deal would see Mitch Clark move to Geelong, Travis Varcoe to Collingwood and Heritier Lumumba to Melbourne.

Essendon are interested in Bulldog Adam Cooney according to Jon Ralph in the Herald-Sun. Carlton have ruled out recruiting Cooney.

Take this with a grain of salt. SEN have said Beams deal will be done tomorrow. Dayne Beams for Pick 5 and James Aish.

Allen Christensen has declared he wants to join Brisbane. The Lions will assess how to manage delicate double-barrelled negotiations so they can land both Dayne Beams and Christensen at the Gabba in 2015. The Lions believe they will be able to package up pick five and 25 for Beams, and believe pick 21 from GWS for Joel Patfull will be enough to suffice Geelong for Christensen. Unlike the Suns, Brisbane have the cap space to afford Christensen's $400k p.a. salary.

If Tom Lonergan accepts the Western Bulldogs reported offer of $500,000 a season over 3 years, the Bulldogs will offer Pick 27 to Geelong for the Key Defender according to the Herald Sun.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/allen-christensen-nominates-brisbane-as-preferred-destination-joel-patfull-to-be-traded/story-fndv7pj3-1227085565624
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews
https://www.facebook.com/TheZanottiFiles
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:25:25 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #932 on: October 10, 2014, 07:55:21 AM »
Watch us get beaten again next year by the Dogs, Dees, Blues, Pies, Suns and the like, just because they have the balls to pick up some talent in the trade period and off load some of their players to better position themselves to get the best youth. We will pick up another Conca with pick 12 and probably trade our 30 odd pick away for more crap...

This club... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #933 on: October 10, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »

Anybody else heard the rumour that we are shopping Lids around?
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #934 on: October 10, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
In the winderlich deal apparently

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #935 on: October 10, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »

Yes
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #936 on: October 10, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »
In the winderlich deal apparently

Talks stalled after Gartlet went to Melbourne.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #937 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:07 AM »
Watch us get beaten again next year by the Dogs, Dees, Blues, Pies, Suns and the like, just because they have the balls to pick up some talent in the trade period and off load some of their players to better position themselves to get the best youth. We will pick up another Conca with pick 12 and probably trade our 30 odd pick away for more crap...

Well to begin with we were beaten by all of those teams but Carlton this year anyway ;)
Secondly, loosing senior players can send a team backwards in a hurry. In the short term the only side out of all of those that has probably bettered there position for next season is the Suns. Kids do sweet FA to a side for at least 3-4 seasons. What have Carlton done?? Nothing, they have a far worst list than us and have done nothing to improve it.
Melbourne have lost Frawley and gained Gartlet. The loss of an experienced player from the back line leaves them with a massive hole down there, one that can't be fixed short term by a kid.
The bulldogs have lost two senior players in Higgins and Griffen. That's pretty much equivalent to us loosing Cotch and Ellis. How do you think we would fair without those to next season?
At the end of the day short term these clubs are going no where but in saying that we we don't start getting a few later picks right they will all fly past us in 3-4 years time.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: October 10, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »
Blues aren't going anywhere, their list has huge deficiencies

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #939 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »
Claw reckons doggies traveling well losing captain/coach 24 hours

the claw

« Reply #940 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:39 AM »
nope why i bother with people who read what they like into peoples posts is beyond me.
griffen wants out given he wants out and if they got picks 4 and 7 then long term they would come out smelling like roses.
i did say if they somehow eneded up with 4 6 7 26, 27, 28. with their kids they could be the ones who challenge the gcs gws in 3 to 5 yrs time.

the wb were not that far off where we were this yr another middling team but unlike us they continue to go hard at rebuilding

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #941 on: October 10, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »
Its rats off a sinking boat but romantic it up all you like

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #942 on: October 10, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »

Makes sense trading out one of our few players with genuine pace.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #943 on: October 10, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »
nope why i bother with people who read what they like into peoples posts is beyond me.
griffen wants out given he wants out and if they got picks 4 and 7 then long term they would come out smelling like roses.
i did say if they somehow eneded up with 4 6 7 26, 27, 28. with their kids they could be the ones who challenge the gcs gws in 3 to 5 yrs time.

the wb were not that far off where we were this yr another middling team but unlike us they continue to go hard at rebuilding

A have to agree with Claw, you could build a premiership side around those picks, providing A. You don't stuff them up and B. the picks are able to stay on the park long term.
Problem is there 4-6 years away from this core group offering sustained impact to the club.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #944 on: October 10, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »

Well to begin with we were beaten by all of those teams but Carlton this year anyway ;)
Secondly, loosing senior players can send a team backwards in a hurry. In the short term that he only side out of all of those that has probably bettered there position for next season is the Suns. Kids do sweet FA to a side for at least 3-4 seasons. What have Carlton done?? Nothing, they have a far worst list than us and have done nothing to improve it.
Melbourne have lost Frawley and gained Gartlet. The loss of an experienced player from the back line leaves them with a massive hole down there, one that can't be fixed short term by a kid.
The bulldogs have lost two senior players in Higgins and Griffen. That's pretty much equivalent to us loosing Cotch and Ellis. How do you think we would fair without those to next season?
At the end of the day short term these clubs are going no where but in saying that we we don't start getting a few later picks right they will all fly past us in 3-4 years time.

Please read my message, that's why I said "AGAIN"!!!!

Wait and see!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"