Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218498 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2014, 02:09:04 PM »
Can't see why we wouldn't be

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »
Apparently, Brisbane are offering Paddy Ryder $2.5 over 4 years. Port, GWS and Sydney are the only other clubs interested in Ryder.

$625K per year (assuming he is eligible to play for each of those 4 years) is money well spent IMO.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
Geelong reportedly set to sign Irishman Padraig Lucey from The Recruit.

Waylon Manson from The Recruit allegedly seen down at the Westpac Centre.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: September 17, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »
I think we should look at Lowden.  Been in the Hawthorn system for a while and would be an upgrade on Hampson and Stephenson.

Can you pump him up any better than that?

lol , yeh I guess a Kmart mannequin would be an upgrade on those two.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
Dice I can't see Ryder going to GWS.

Yeh me either really. Sydney is my tip. They've got no rucks and they usually get who they want.
And I agree we should be looking hard at GWS. Reckon most clubs would be after the Anthony Miles success story.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:55 PM »
Dice I can't see Ryder going to GWS.

Yeh me either really. Sydney is my tip. They've got no rucks and they usually get who they want.
And I agree we should be looking hard at GWS. Reckon most clubs would be after the Anthony Miles success story.
I agree dice that Sydney would be a more realistic fit. In saying that, GWS had a big tilt at Buddy and ended up with Mummy who cost nowhere near what they were offering Buddy so they may still have a legitimate crack. Swans will need to clear some cap space hence the interest in Mitchell.
 I've watched a few GWS magoo games this year and there is some real talent there. They only lost 3 games all year and lost in the prelim to Aspley who ended up being premiers for 2014 beating the Swans Reserves in the Grand final.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
Sam Blease has asked Melbourne to be traded.  What is he worth.  I would say a 4th round pick. 
Tigers should be all over him and he fits the bill in terms of speed and x factor. 
If Blues get him I'll spew up!!!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
Sam Blease has asked Melbourne to be traded.  What is he worth.  I would say a 4th round pick. 
Tigers should be all over him and he fits the bill in terms of speed and x factor. 
If Blues get him I'll spew up!!!
He is going to the Blues. He has told this to someone that posts on BF who is a personal friend of his.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: September 17, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »
I think we should look at Lowden.  Been in the Hawthorn system for a while and would be an upgrade on Hampson and Stephenson.

Can you pump him up any better than that?

lol , yeh I guess a Kmart mannequin would be an upgrade on those two.

I wouldn't walk into a K Mart anytime soon Dice.
I hear that the K Mart mannequin fraternity is up in arms over your abusive comments  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #339 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »
Snip  :banghead :banghead

Happy to share a joke but when a thread gets hijacked with off topic non footy talk like this one clearly did it gets snipped

Back to the topic folks

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2014, 12:05:07 AM »
Fremantle have now officially tabled a $3 million offer on a five-year contract deal for free agent James Frawley, which trumps Geelong’s 2.5 million for the same length of contract.

Jarrad Waite is understood to have now also held discussions with Dockers management and will become an even higher priority recruit if Frawley does not head west. Waite and his management have apparently been offered just a one-year extension offer from Carlton, while North Melbourne has made a similar overture with an option of a second-season depending on his 2015 performances.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-offers-james-frawley-3-million-fiveyear-deal-carlton-forward-jarrad-waite-also-on-radar/story-fndv8h5w-1227061568883

The Bulldogs are adamant Will Minson, contracted until the end of 2016, is going nowhere despite rival clubs believing he is available. Collingwood had made enquires because it had heard rumours of discontent regarding Minson.

http://www.news.com.au/national/brendan-mccartney-tough-love-fuels-talk-of-discontent-at-western-bulldogs/story-e6frfkp9-1227061803973

Port Adelaide have reportedly shown interest in Fremantle's Jon Griffen. Griffen has played 18 games for Peel Thunder in the WAFL but remains behind Zac Clarke as 2nd choice ruckman.

According to 3aw:
Kristian Jaksch could be bound for the Western Bulldogs since the Dogs have become "confident" of luring the homesick key position forward/defender. Jaksch, who grew up a Western Bulldogs supporter is set to accept a five-year deal from the Bulldogs.

Lions CEO Greg Swann has confirmed that Brisbane has met with Mitch Robinson and his management regarding a move to Queensland.

Luke Tapscott has requested a trade to Carlton according to Triple M.

Magpie Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane according to SEN.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:09 AM »
stuff. Every club is linked to someone except us in the media. I would be happy to be linked to a dud just so it makes it look like we are doing something and actually give a poo.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2014, 03:55:20 AM »
Champ people who think like you are the reason we recruit duds. We want to be seen to be doing something. Do it once do it right.

Tom Mitchell and cheap GWS's are the only ones available that are worth looking at.

Jon Griffen would be worth a look if we hadn't recruited Humpson.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2014, 06:50:33 AM »
Champ people who think like you are the reason we recruit duds. We want to be seen to be doing something. Do it once do it right.

Tom Mitchell and cheap GWS's are the only ones available that are worth looking at.

Jon Griffen would be worth a look if we hadn't recruited Humpson.

:clapping

:yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2014, 07:49:27 AM »
Fremantle have now officially tabled a $3 million offer on a five-year contract deal for free agent James Frawley, which trumps Geelong’s 2.5 million for the same length of contract.

Jarrad Waite is understood to have now also held discussions with Dockers management and will become an even higher priority recruit if Frawley does not head west. Waite and his management have apparently been offered just a one-year extension offer from Carlton, while North Melbourne has made a similar overture with an option of a second-season depending on his 2015 performances.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-offers-james-frawley-3-million-fiveyear-deal-carlton-forward-jarrad-waite-also-on-radar/story-fndv8h5w-1227061568883

The Bulldogs are adamant Will Minson, contracted until the end of 2016, is going nowhere despite rival clubs believing he is available. Collingwood had made enquires because it had heard rumours of discontent regarding Minson.

http://www.news.com.au/national/brendan-mccartney-tough-love-fuels-talk-of-discontent-at-western-bulldogs/story-e6frfkp9-1227061803973

Port Adelaide have reportedly shown interest in Fremantle's Jon Griffen. Griffen has played 18 games for Peel Thunder in the WAFL but remains behind Zac Clarke as 2nd choice ruckman.

According to 3aw:
Kristian Jaksch could be bound for the Western Bulldogs since the Dogs have become "confident" of luring the homesick key position forward/defender. Jaksch, who grew up a Western Bulldogs supporter is set to accept a five-year deal from the Bulldogs.

Lions CEO Greg Swann has confirmed that Brisbane has met with Mitch Robinson and his management regarding a move to Queensland.

Luke Tapscott has requested a trade to Carlton according to Triple M.

Magpie Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane according to SEN.

So much rubbish reporting....Jaksch was most definitely a richmond supporter growing up..