Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218436 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #435 on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:43 PM »
yep

said it elsewhere id love carlisle. They wont do it but hope they bawse it up and offer him 700 large plus a year.

stuff we need someone like him who can work both ways.
Surely you're not suggesting we recruit a swing man?  :o outrageous.

a swingman who can play both roles. Yes

Our swingman are more like robbing peter to pay paul, in fact it can be argued we dont have any full stop.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2014, 01:20:55 AM »
yep

said it elsewhere id love carlisle. They wont do it but hope they bawse it up and offer him 700 large plus a year.

stuff we need someone like him who can work both ways.
Surely you're not suggesting we recruit a swing man?  :o outrageous.

a swingman who can play both roles. Yes

Our swingman are more like robbing peter to pay paul, in fact it can be argued we dont have any full stop.

I was being sarcastic. I'm in the we don't actually have one camp.  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »
but no one wants our players to be versatile.

they must be played where they did as a junior.

was carlile a pure swingman as a junior or is it just another case of playing someone out of their natural position?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
Our players need to be played where they are most damaging, that has been evident when certain players have been left in the position that suits them and the team structure.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: September 22, 2014, 09:08:20 AM »
but no one wants our players to be versatile.

they must be played where they did as a junior.

was carlile a pure swingman as a junior or is it just another case of playing someone out of their natural position?

:lol

the claw

« Reply #440 on: September 22, 2014, 09:39:12 AM »
Our players need to be played where they are most damaging, that has been evident when certain players have been left in the position that suits them and the team structure.
spot on wat.
nothing wrong with trying players in different possies to find where they play best, but playing them in positions where they continually struggle when they have a better natural possie to play in is literally crazy.

we dont have any players who are genuine utilites so why play em where they are most vulnerable.we have had so mny who were as juniors good in a position but for some reason we steadfastly refuse to play em there and they end up failing to develop in either position.

i never get their thinking, they want a mid and draft flankers in the hope of turning them into mids, they draft tall defenders and try to turn em into fwds, they draft tall fwds, wait a minute do they draft tall fwds nope they draft potential ruckmen and play em fwd. what fwds they do draft they play em back.as far as i can see the only tall fwd we have whos played there permanently right thru is riewoldt and we get 50 60 goals a yr from him.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #441 on: September 22, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »
spot on wat.
nothing wrong with trying players in different possies to find where they play best, but playing them in positions where they continually struggle when they have a better natural possie to play in is literally crazy.

we dont have any players who are genuine utilites so why play em where they are most vulnerable.we have had so mny who were as juniors good in a position but for some reason we steadfastly refuse to play em there and they end up failing to develop in either position.

i never get their thinking, they want a mid and draft flankers in the hope of turning them into mids, they draft tall defenders and try to turn em into fwds, they draft tall fwds, wait a minute do they draft tall fwds nope they draft potential ruckmen and play em fwd. what fwds they do draft they play em back.as far as i can see the only tall fwd we have whos played there permanently right thru is riewoldt and we get 50 60 goals a yr from him.

:bow :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #442 on: September 22, 2014, 10:31:16 AM »
IMO

Chaplin is clearly the weakest point in the side

The opposition target him cause they know his poo. Along with his mate grigg.

Frawley is far better.actually stops blokes too.

Unlike the worst l0ose back going around
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:50:41 AM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #443 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »
Just happy to sit back the tigers and let it pan out
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »
IMO

Chaplin is clearly the weakest point in the side

The opposition target him cause they know his poo. Along with his mate grigg.

i reckon they also target Houlis area as well

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: September 22, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »
spot on wat.

:clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: September 22, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »
Please Richmond use the draft to get talented youngsters to the club ,but go out and get a superstar who can make a real difference ...no more discarded hacks

You may disappointed as Big Fool's most reliable snout C4[2]Yo`DooR has just said we're into Ahmed Saad.

Would do

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: September 22, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
rfc are also known to be circling Jon o rourke  :shh

For lids and a swap of 1st round draft picks Bo?
no you idiot  :lol..o rourke has played the season out in neafl ...r2 pick likely , our first offer was r3...we re likely to have a spare r2 with a queue forming for donut  :shh

Happy to chase O'Rourke but would be a shame to loose Donut.
Seriously would you loose 1 second of sleep if we lost Donut? A nothing player IMO. Small, slow, not great skills, just your typical average twos player.

I wouldn't lose sleep, but I wouldn't like losing one of our younger players who IMO could be a decent player. Since we took only 1 junior last year it's really the McDraftee's of the year before we can look forward to hopefully developing into players

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: September 22, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »
I am tipping this to be the quietest trade period ever for the Tigers. 
Don't think we will be involved at all and won't target a free agent either.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
I am tipping this to be the quietest trade period ever for the Tigers. 
Don't think we will be involved at all and won't target a free agent either.

Why would we ? It's the same heirarchy we've had for the past 5 years that've sat on their hands at trade time. Being content with giving up high picks for opposition reserves players.
Meanwhile sides like North overtake us by getting proven star quality in Dal Santo and Hawthorn line up for another premiership tilt because of their targetting of stars like Gibson , Burgoyne , Lake , Gunston etc.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos