Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 203072 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »
Channel 7's Tom Browne is reporting that Essendon's Patrick Ryder has chosen Port Adelaide as the club he wishes to be traded too and the announcement will be on Monday. The Herald-Sun is saying Port is willing to offer him a five-year contract and has indicated a willingness to give up a player and a first-round draft pick in a trade deal with Essendon.

According to SEN, Collingwood's Scott Pendlebury has today met with Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield with his manager Paul Connors also in attendance.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/paddy-ryder-indicates-port-adelaide-is-in-strong-contention-to-win-his-services-after-seeking-trade-from-essendon/story-fndv8s6g-1227071758008
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: September 26, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »
Channel 7's Tom Browne is reporting that Essendon's Patrick Ryder has chosen Port Adelaide as the club he wishes to be traded too and the announcement will be on Monday. The Herald-Sun is saying Port is willing to offer him a five-year contract and has indicated a willingness to give up a player and a first-round draft pick in a trade deal with Essendon.

Bloody hell! Port are going to be very tough to beat next year. First round pick and a player though  :o The player would want to be a good average toiler otherwise I would suggest that they are paying overs.

According to SEN, Collingwood's Scott Pendlebury has today met with Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield with his manager Paul Connors also in attendance.

Collingwood aren't the attractive destination they once were. I would be surprised if Dangerfield moved there. Beams is not the same caliber as Dangerfield imo 

the claw

« Reply #587 on: September 26, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »

Bloody hell! Port are going to be very tough to beat next year. First round pick and a player though  :o The player would want to be a good average toiler otherwise I would suggest that they are paying overs.

Collingwood aren't the attractive destination they once were. I would be surprised if Dangerfield moved there. Beams is not the same caliber as Dangerfield imo
the player will be steak knives and their 1st rounder is what pick 15 or 16.
they need a ruckman and ryder is a very good one but is also a capable fwd. good clubs keep on evolving for the better average clubs like us sit on our hands and do nothing too scared to take a risk.

hmm dangerfield or beams.  personally id take beams, more substance to beams. flashy players dont win me over so easy. which one has had the better career to date. id argue beams.both have been great. beams is easily in the same class as dangerfield.
i wonder is it because hes at collingwood that tiger supporters put the blinkers on. both would add enormously to us.

geez beams to brisbane ryder to port danger will stay in adelaide.

tony_montana

« Reply #588 on: September 26, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »
Beams is a gun but dangers best is better - Id take Danger but how could you go wrong?

I really hope we shake it up a bit this off season - think the club can be satisfied that we've laid some foundations over the past few seasons but with what we've got we aren't going to seriously challenge and if anything, may lose ground as clubs like GC and GWS start hurtling up the ladder improving quicker than we do. We need to be bold and go for some big list improvements - something like the jeff hogg for Gale, Brodders and Dundas deal. Need to give up quality to get quality.

the claw

« Reply #589 on: September 26, 2014, 11:01:07 PM »
Beams is a gun but dangers best is better - Id take Danger but how could you go wrong?

I really hope we shake it up a bit this off season - think the club can be satisfied that we've laid some foundations over the past few seasons but with what we've got we aren't going to seriously challenge and if anything, may lose ground as clubs like GC and GWS start hurtling up the ladder improving quicker than we do. We need to be bold and go for some big list improvements - something like the jeff hogg for Gale, Brodders and Dundas deal. Need to give up quality to get quality.
our trouble is we dont have an  abundance of very good players in one area thus we could afford to offload that extra very good player for a very good player in an area we lack in. we lack quality in all areas and cant afford to offload the quality players we do have.

i really liked what melbourne did last yr with tyson and salem. they built depth straight away well they found found two for one. tyson and 9 salem  for pick 2??? enabled them to double up with out losing too much in quality. sheesh ive always liked tyson as a player im filthy we could not pull that deal off the yr before. anyway maybe thats the way to look at things.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #590 on: September 26, 2014, 11:03:24 PM »
Shiel is the one we need to have a real crack at ...forget danger, don't have the currency or 900k avail with major  re signings on the agenda in 2015, cotch, martin and Rance
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #591 on: September 27, 2014, 07:19:41 AM »
Butcher and pick 15/16 and port would be laughing.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: September 27, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »
Why do port have to give them anything?

Take their sorry arses to court win again and walk away with Ryder for zero

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #593 on: September 27, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »

The player won't want to be dragged through that poo , he d insist on a trade to avoid it
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #594 on: September 27, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »

The player won't want to be dragged through that poo , he d insist on a trade to avoid it

yep he will and it looks like in the true Hinkley mantra he'll being fair and reasonable and offer up good compo out of respect for Ryders wishes - but I guarantee Essendon will make this impossible and ask for 1 of Wines/Wingard/Boak/Gray/Trengrove plus their first round pick. It will get ugly

Gigantor

« Reply #595 on: September 27, 2014, 10:42:19 AM »
Maybe some of us of a certain age fondly remember the days of Graeme Richmond who was absolutely ruthless in getting people to RFC..I know its too much to ask but I want some of that philosophy back at RFC

BO any chance of Shiels?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: September 27, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »
Maybe some of us of a certain age fondly remember the days of Graeme Richmond who was absolutely ruthless in getting people to RFC..I know its too much to ask but I want some of that philosophy back at RFC

BO any chance of Shiels?
Yes but we paid a price for that ruthlessness for a very long time.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: September 27, 2014, 12:12:47 PM »
Maybe we should throw a lot at Claye Beams!

Like Collingwood did with the Cloke brothers to get Travis...... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #598 on: September 27, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »
Go Richo..we paid a price but we also had almost 15 years of glory too

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: September 27, 2014, 01:24:59 PM »
Go Richo..we paid a price but we also had almost 15 years of glory too